Author Topic: Everyone available on Charlotte  (Read 17461 times)

Re: Everyone available on Charlotte
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I response to all Stephenson trad ideas, I think he is to volatile to have on a young team. He has already been in a fight with Turner once the Cs do not need him.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I response to all Stephenson trad ideas, I think he is to volatile to have on a young team. He has already been in a fight with Turner once the Cs do not need him.

agree

I would try Green and Zellar and clips pick for MKG, Biyombo , Vonleah

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
MKG has always interested me, too, but I don't see any reason to bring him here
Because our defense sucks.  That's my reason.

I think PJ Hairston is going to be a player too.  He's got some fire to his game.

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I think PJ Hairston is going to be a player too.  He's got some fire to his game.

I don't know, Hairston looks like a Ricky Davis type to me.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The report said MKG is not available, so I think we should temper expectations.

I like Bass for Biyombo.  Charlotte would need to pay another team cash to take on a minimum salary player, or we'd have to waive someone to take on an extra player since the numbers don't match up perfectly, but I think that's more the speed of what the Hornets are willing to do. 

Biyombo also fits into the Joel Anthony trade exception, meaning we could get a new exception for the complete value of Bass' contract, so $7 million, which could prove useful down the line.  Some sort of second-round pick would be nice, but added luxury tax flexibility and a large exception allows you to pick up those goodies down the line.  A 4-month audition for Biyombo before he becomes a restricted free agent would be worth it.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 03:33:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
MKG stunk it up early in his career.

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Green for MKG and Biyombo works money wise.

Throw in the Clippers 1st if you need to.

Only two guys I'd want. MKG could start and BB would be a great backup. Would also allow KO to play more 4 where he can play his game better. Only downside is we'd lose one of our 3pt shooters in Green.

Rondo, Smart
AB, Thorton
MKG, Turner
Sully, KO
Zeller, BB
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

I don't know, Hairston looks like a Ricky Davis type to me.
Ricky Davis would be the best player on this team, or dang close.  Hairston also looks like he's interested in learning to play defense and really hates losing.  Can't have too many guys with that mindset IMO.

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 03:36:35 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

I like Bass for Biyombo.  Charlotte would need to pay another team cash to take on a minimum salary player, or we'd have to waive someone to take on an extra player since the numbers don't match up perfectly, but I think that's more the speed of what the Hornets are willing to do. 

Biyombo also fits into the Joel Anthony trade exception, meaning we could get a new exception for the complete value of Bass' contract, so $7 million, which could prove useful down the line.  Some sort of second-round pick would be nice, but added luxury tax flexibility and a large exception allows you to pick up those goodies down the line.  A 4-month audition for Biyombo before he becomes a restricted free agent would be worth it.
I thought it said everybody is on the table except Al and Kemba.

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 03:36:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Green has not been so hot shooting threes this year.   I think we are more than one player away.   I would see what we can get for Bass though.

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 03:44:12 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
TP to saltlover for an interesting idea. I wonder if the Celtics might need to add a little sweetener to Bass? Celtics could take on Jeff Taylor to make the salaries work, and potentially cut him (his PR value right now being what it is).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

The version I read (before I found this thread) had a clarification that MKG is also not available.

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
TP to saltlover for an interesting idea. I wonder if the Celtics might need to add a little sweetener to Bass? Celtics could take on Jeff Taylor to make the salaries work, and potentially cut him (his PR value right now being what it is).

The only problem with taking on the extra player ourselves is that we by rule would have to cut someone first, since we're at 15 players - even if we intended to release whomever we acquired.  Makes more sense to pay a team with an open roster spot some money to take on Maxiel's non-guaranteed contract so they can waive him.  Or Taylor if the Hornets like what Maxiel is giving them, but I doubt they do.

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

The version I read (before I found this thread) had a clarification that MKG is also not available.

All the other reports I've read said that Al and Kemba are untouchable.

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

All the other reports I've read said that Al and Kemba are untouchable.

From Zach Lowe's twitter:
Something I should have made clear in Hornets piece today: Absolutely do not see them even thinking about moving MKG.
12:01pm - 1 Dec 14