Author Topic: Your crazy if you wouldn't take Cauley Stein.  (Read 12658 times)

Re: Your crazy if you wouldn't take Cauley Stein.
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'm all for taking Cauley-Stein. He has elite interior defense skills, precisely what we've needed for seasons. I'm guessing the Celtics will pick in the draft between 7-11. That may be high for Cauley-Stein considering the talent in the class. If Ainge could find a way to get D'Angelo Russell with our pick, and WCS using the Clippers pick and one of several of our picks from the next couple years, I'd once again be awed by Danny's mad GM skills. Those are two guys that can make an immediate impact on an NBA roster from the get go, I believe.

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He looks like he has improved a lot this year.  He won't ever be a star, but he would compliment Sully and KO very well.

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 12:06:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
depends who else is available when we pick. 

I don't see him as a top 10 pick which is where we'll likely have our own pick.

I don't see him lasting until the early 20's which is where I think the Clips pick will be.

==>I don't think he'll be BPA with our own pick and I think he's too good to last until we get to pick again

He's no sure thing but I think he's far less likely to be a Fab-Melo-level bust either.  IMHO, best case for him is he's a decent starter in a league devoid of good centers; worst case is he's a low-quality backup center.

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »

Offline SmoothTsunami

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm one of those people who want to make a strong (in the East) run this year, so I'm anticipating our pick being in the 12-16 range. With that said I'd be ok with WCS, though not excited, though that has a lot to do with the Fab Melo experience, which may not be fair to WCS.

I'd prefer Myles Turner, too, though that may be wanting someone who is as far from Fab as you can get; high BBIQ, skilled, but lacking the athleticism.

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 02:21:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How about Ben Stein?

What's he up to?

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I'm one of those people who want to make a strong (in the East) run this year, so I'm anticipating our pick being in the 12-16 range. With that said I'd be ok with WCS, though not excited, though that has a lot to do with the Fab Melo experience, which may not be fair to WCS.

I'd prefer Myles Turner, too, though that may be wanting someone who is as far from Fab as you can get; high BBIQ, skilled, but lacking the athleticism.

WCS is actually said to be a smart kid with a good BBIQ opposite of FAB.

I also like Turner but watching him run screams "injury concerns to me". WCS would be would be a good athlete at 6'6" at 7'1 he is elite.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 10:53:19 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

But WCS isn't remotely Fab Melo. 

Fab Melo grew up in Brazil and barely played basketball before Syracuse.  He was clueless out there.  WCS knows what he's doing.  Melo had .5 steals his soph year and a .5 assist to TO ratio, reflecting this, whereas this year WCS has 1.7 steals and 1.7 blocks and shows statistical defensive awareness, passes the eye test, also boasting a 2:1 TO ratio.  He plays with high IQ.

Fab averaged less than 8 points a game where the other drafted players were Dion Waiters and Kris Joseph, no other 7 footers and no other even NBA starters to co-exist with and restrict his offense (just Waiters).  WCS played with:

Anthony Davis, MKG, Julius Randle,
James Young, Nerlens Noel, Terrence Jones,
Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Darius Miller & Archie Goodwin

That's 10 drafted players.  For 3 years, he's developed NBA skills competing with NBA players and in each of those years he scored more points, in fewer minutes, than Fab did in his best.

Fab was a bust that absolutely infuriated me at the time, it was indefensible. I'd welcome WCS.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Fab Melo is more like...

You're crazy if you take Fab Melo.

Perry Jones III looks half decent. I'll never forget.

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 11:30:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yeah....we don't need any more Fab Melo s

We need a Drummond. Type center

Somebody decent .

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2014, 02:56:06 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Stop with the fab melo stuff that guy was a borderline retard, wcs actually has brain cells

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 03:58:50 PM »

Offline curtjester1

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
WCS in a heartbeat.  Better now than anything we have as far as D, and he is at least fearless and energetic in the paint.  He is bent on improving and his FT's are much better and well above Rondo.  I think he can find a variety of shot interior game with time, and who knows maybe a jumper from the permiter.  He is playing much better than Towns this moment too. 

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 04:04:01 PM »

Offline curtjester1

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I'm all for taking Cauley-Stein. He has elite interior defense skills, precisely what we've needed for seasons. I'm guessing the Celtics will pick in the draft between 7-11. That may be high for Cauley-Stein considering the talent in the class. If Ainge could find a way to get D'Angelo Russell with our pick, and WCS using the Clippers pick and one of several of our picks from the next couple years, I'd once again be awed by Danny's mad GM skills. Those are two guys that can make an immediate impact on an NBA roster from the get go, I believe.

I think the C's can go many a way in this draft if they haven't made a trade prior.  If they trade prior they could even have more picks to dicker with.  If they want two Big's they can take lesser big's than Okafor/Towns and take them.  There are a lot of Big's in the draft.  So, even if they take their #2 Big in the second round, they can have another dynamic player in the first like you suggest.

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 04:17:05 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'm on the WCS Train. Start him next to KO and lets develop!