Author Topic: Your crazy if you wouldn't take Cauley Stein.  (Read 12697 times)

Your crazy if you wouldn't take Cauley Stein.
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

He's not my first choice on Kentucky. I'll take Towns if we can. But Willie could easily become the next Tyson Chandler. And that is just what this teams need. We have nothing of the like, and although WCS has a long way to go, A real 7 footer with exceptional quickness, and shot blocking ability, not to mention he has a 37" max vertical. As I'm writing this he lost a lob dunk through his hands, then came right back with a monster jam. He's made mistakes, but overall he's been Kentucky's MVP this game.

Flaws and all, you won'y be able to draft an athlete like this with his size, for another 5 years. If Okafor , and Towns are gone, Take W.C.S.

Re: Your crazy if you wouldn't take Cauley Stein.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 03:55:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

He's not my first choice on Kentucky. I'll take Towns if we can. But Willie could easily become the next Tyson Chandler. And that is just what this teams need. We have nothing of the like, and although WCS has a long way to go, A real 7 footer with exceptional quickness, and shot blocking ability, not to mention he has a 37" max vertical. As I'm writing this he lost a lob dunk through his hands, then came right back with a monster jam. He's made mistakes, but overall he's been Kentucky's MVP this game.

Flaws and all, you won'y be able to draft an athlete like this with his size, for another 5 years. If Okafor , and Towns are gone, Take W.C.S.
i agree in general with the above. it looks as if the celtics will be picking at around the 10th spot in the draft. there is a very good chance WCS will be there. if so and if no other great player has fallen (ala pierce) the WCS makes a lot of sense.

if cauley stein is gone, then things get more difficult. go with alexander? or maybe the BSA? (best scorer available.  :) )
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Three years in college. Still only managing 8ppg, 6rpg and 1.7bpg.

Has he really shown much improvement in last 3 years? His numbers seem pretty steady over course of his college career.

Seems strange for a legit 7 footer with his athleticism to be in college for so long. And even worse, to still be producing so little.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Has he really shown much improvement in last 3 years? His numbers seem pretty steady over course of his college career.

Seems strange for a legit 7 footer with his athleticism to be in college for so long. And even worse, to still be producing so little.

I'm actually against drafting WCS since I really don't think hes very good but to defend his lack of production you could argue that players like Tyson Chandler's impact go beyond stats. Chandler averages were just shy of a double double(11.3 points 9.9 rebounds) and only had 1.4 blocks and 0.9 steals the year he won DPOY. Yet the Knicks were the 5th best befensive team that year with Chandler it's most important defensive player.

His offensive value is more based on spacing he creates from being a constant lob threat than his actual PPG. Definetly sounds like something we could use, though I don't know if Caulie Stein is good enough to be able to provide a similar impact.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 05:06:13 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I like the idea of Karl Towns but when I watch him play he seems so awkward and clumsy. He's really uncoordinated.  If he works on his footwork and lower body strength it will improve. He does have Pau Gasol written all over him

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 01:54:43 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Amidah Brimah and him are my choice in mid-round pick. But if it's lottery, would pick Harrell or Alexander. Both seems to be Ben Wallace energy types if Okafor, Johnson and Towns were no longer available.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 02:12:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Yeah, and on top of that, does he actually possess any level of skill, aside from shot-blocking?  Athleticism is great, but it's not a skill, and I wasn't impressed with him when I saw him play last year - he looked completely lost on the court, and if Tyson Chandler is his ceiling, I'll pass, lol ;D.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 02:44:43 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Watch Kentucky this year. Right now he's there MVP. That might change, What's important is this, he's not the most skilled or polished player you have ever seen. But what he does bring is just what this team needs, and is the hardest thing to find in the league. Legitimate seven footer, with unparalleled athleticism. And on offense he is a constant lob threat, He could get 10 ppg from rondo on Dunks and layups.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 03:19:46 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Watch Kentucky this year. Right now he's there MVP. That might change, What's important is this, he's not the most skilled or polished player you have ever seen. But what he does bring is just what this team needs, and is the hardest thing to find in the league. Legitimate seven footer, with unparalleled athleticism. And on offense he is a constant lob threat, He could get 10 ppg from rondo on Dunks and layups.

Woo.  I'd rather have a big man with skills.  How can WCS still be so raw going into his 3rd year, anyway.  Yes, I know that he wasn't starting because of Randle last year, but surely you'd think that he would have learned SOMETHING in practice, lol ;D.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 04:36:45 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
I think he would complement well with Sully and Kelly. He doesn't have skills like those two have but man is he quick and athletic for his size(unlike those two). His defensive potential is off the charts.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:42:56 AM by Yenohb »

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 06:52:24 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
No thanks, don't need Fab Melo 2.0 on this roster....

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 07:11:29 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

He is one of the few NBA caiber prospects in the NCAA who can not be judged my his stats. Since his freshman year he has always been on a team with so much talent that he is not the focus of the offense and with so much depth that he isn't playing the typical 1st rd pick minutes. To me he is already playing his NBA role in the NCAA and I expect a similar statistical output from him as a pro. I expect WCS to be a near replica of Chandler whose career stats are 9pts 9rb 1.5blk per.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 07:12:47 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Towns/Okafor or bust. Keep the tank strong and alive!

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 07:50:23 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
WCS really understands how to play defense.  In addition to being a 7-foot shot-blocker, he's also a very good help defender and can capably switch onto smaller players in a pick-and-roll situation when required.  His offensive game is limited (some guys just can't put the ball in the bucket), but he knows how to set a screen, and he's still a 7-footer playing down low, so you have to cover him.  I was really disappointed that he didn't enter the draft last year.  He is exactly the type of defensive center this team needs, and unlike a lot of draftees, he'll be ready for his role on Day 1.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
WCS might be a guy we take later in the draft.   I do not see him being in the lottery.