Author Topic: Almost got Cousins in 2013?  (Read 2815 times)

Almost got Cousins in 2013?
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:59:18 AM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I was skimming some of the old archives and saw an article which discussed a trade in the works for DeMarcus Cousins back in Jan 2013. It never came to fruition but was an interesting idea to say the least. Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-celtics-working-on-deal-to-bring-kings-center-demarcus-cousins-to-boston/

According to the article, "Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Jared Sullinger and Courtney Lee are among the players who could be packaged in an offer for Cousins, the website reports. The inclusion of Avery Bradley appears to be a sticking point."

Looking back, it's crazy that we had a real good chance of getting Cousins in green. Fast forward to now and it seems like he's almost untouchable. How do you guys think we would have fared with an up-and-coming Cousins with guys like KG, Pierce and Rondo? I personally would have loved to see KG and Cousins play at the 4 and 5 together.

I know this is all in retrospect, but I think Cousins and the Big Three would have looked pretty sweet together.

Re: Almost got Cousins in 2013?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Deal was shot down by Kings ownership was word. Despite Cousins being a coaching headache ownership knew he was a top talent.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 12:03:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think that rumor was debunked. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:08:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Yeah this rumor had no credibility behind it from what I renenber. I think it was another Twitter "insider."

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 07:31:59 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Ahh, thanks Roy. I guess that's why I didn't remember it initially. That's a bummer though. Even if that trade did happen, we would have been set at Center for the next several years but would have been thin at several key positions that year.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 08:12:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ahh, thanks Roy. I guess that's why I didn't remember it initially. That's a bummer though. Even if that trade did happen, we would have been set at Center for the next several years but would have been thin at several key positions that year.

Yeah, I would have loved to have DMC here, and the passion that he and KG would have had together would have been amazing -- and scary -- to watch. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 11:49:44 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
Nope  ;)