Author Topic: Interesting Trade Idea BOS-CHA-OKC  (Read 1834 times)

Interesting Trade Idea BOS-CHA-OKC
« on: November 29, 2014, 02:41:55 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nfb8oc9

I know it's alot of players moving around but I think all 3 teams win out. what do you guys think do some picks need to be involved or is this even realistic?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: Interesting Trade Idea BOS-CHA-OKC
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 02:51:32 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I think Walker signed an extension that I'd doubt OkC would be willing to pay.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:01:04 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
I guess it would depend on how high they are on Kemba if they liked him I think they could swallow it I think a lineup of Kemba RW KD Ibaka and Adams would be pretty lethal.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 03:14:15 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I don't think OKC wants Kemba at his extension numbers and he'd be a weird fit next to Westbrook. Charlotte likes Kemba because he's tied up and willing to be there, something you can't say about Rondo or Green if Green opts out.

Rondo and Green's contract situations lower their value. For small market teams, having players who want to be there and are locked up contract-wise is more important than overall talent.

Finally I don't think the Thunder would see Kemba over Jackson as a significant enough upgrade. They might even see it as a downgrade in terms of fit and contract situation.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 03:32:13 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Reggie Jackson is absolutely not worth kemba walker.  And Charlotte is giving up way too much lol, six players.  Don't see any reason to get involved with okc here.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 08:25:14 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Reggie Jackson is absolutely not worth kemba walker.  And Charlotte is giving up way too much lol, six players.  Don't see any reason to get involved with okc here.

I agree, no need to get OKC involved.  Something like Green and Fav for MKG, Zeller, and a first would work as would a Green for MKG and Vonleh trade.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 08:47:01 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

I agree, no need to get OKC involved.  Something like Green and Fav for MKG, Zeller, and a first would work as would a Green for MKG and Vonleh trade.
I agree that the original trade proposal by Scotto 1205 is unrealistic for the simple reason that I don't think Rondo would agree to extend in Charlotte. However, I'm not sure which of the two smaller trades you proposed is more unbalanced in the Celtics favor. MKG, Zeller, and Vonleh all have relatively cheap contracts for the next two years or more and in your first proposal you want Charlotte to toss in a first round pick. Green, who can leave at the end of this season, and Fav really don't have this kind of value.