Author Topic: My celtics master rebuilding plan  (Read 1710 times)

My celtics master rebuilding plan
« on: November 28, 2014, 05:01:51 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Another close loss by the celtics after having a horrible fourth quarter. I hate to see the celtics lose. So I have worked one my way to make the celtics win. I  am going to do a lot of trades. If you like some and hate others please tell me and maybe I can further develop my idea's.
1st trade
We need to get rid of rondo and see all our options
so I think a trade between Boston and Detroit is fair.
Boston sends:rondo(agrees to sign long term in detriot)
Boston gets:greg monroe detriot 2015 pick and detriot 2017 1st round pick and a contract filler

why boston
boston needs to rebuild and rondo can't wait around forever. This gives us picks and a really good prospect

2nd trade Idea
Boston and Indiana
boston gives up monroe signed long term
Boston gets indiana 2015 1st round pick

Indiana gets Monroe
Indiana gives up:indiana 2015 1st round pick

3rd trade
Boston and Minnesota

Boston gives up olynyk,clevland 1st round and  detriot 1st round 2015
Boston gets gorgui deing

Minnesota gives up: gorgui deing
Minnesota gets:olynyk,clevland 1st round and  detriot 1st round 2015

Why boston
well boston gets our defensive rim protector that we need
In 24 minutes he averages 
PPG   RPG   BLKPG   PER
8.1   7.5   1.6   19.36

when he starts he averages
12 points 10 rebounds and 2 blocks
he is 24 years old and costs less then 3 million dollars
espn's scouting report of him
Scouting report
+ Athletic, active 7-footer who excelled on the glass as a rookie
+ Looked overwhelmed by speed of the game early on before thriving as starter late in season
+ Skilled for a big man. Operates well from the high post

Analysis

Dieng's greater value is at the defensive end. He can step out to defend the pick-and-roll as well as locking down the paint. Dieng's block rate was solid last season, and he really excelled on the glass. His 20.1 percent rebound rate ranked seventh among players with at least 500 minutes of action. Though fouls were a bit of an issue early, Dieng cut his rate from 7.0 per 36 minutes as a reserve to just 3.2 as a starter

Dieng had 12 points and 10 rebounds, to go with two blocks and two steals, in Saturday's loss to the Kings.

Spin: Dieng has strung together a trio of decent performances with Nikola Pekovic out with a sprained right wrist. He doesn't offer much from a scoring perspective, but he's almost guaranteed to grab at least seven or eight rebounds, and he's tallied six blocks and eight steals over the past three contests. While he might be worth a look in the short-term, his value will depreciate whenever Pekovic returns.

Why Minnesota
They said his value will go down when pekovic returns meaning he could be available for trade. With olynyk and 2 first round picks I think they would go for it. deing is a center not a pf. They need a stretch four to play with Pek. Olynyk can do that. Minnesota is in a rebuilding mode and picks always sound nice.

4th trade
The biggest trade that needs to work is between
Boston and orlando
Boston gives up: sully,boston 2016,Indiana 2015,clippers 2015 pick
Boston gets: vuevic

Orlando gives up:vuevic
Orlando gets:sully,boston 2016,Indiana 2015,clippers 2015 pick

why Boston
Vuevic is an ALL-Star don't believe me ask doc rivers http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/20/doc-rivers-magics-nikola-vucevic-is-an-all-star/
 he averages  19 points and 12 rebounds a game.
he can be our star pf. I know some people are saying but sully puts up 16 points and 8 rebounds.
well vuevic averages a high double double and is not a borderline all star. Sully has been known to have poor late game performances. vuevic has been carrying orlando on his back. vuevic is signed to a 5 year deal and he costs under 3 million dollars. he is 24 years old and 7 feet tall. he is a bit weaker defensively then sully but I think he makes up for it in offense,rebounding and low cost.He weights the same as sully but is  4 inches taller so weight is not a problem.

why orlando
sully puts up  near numbers as vuevic at 16 points and 8 rebounds. He is 2 years younger and costs less money. They also get  3 first round picks which for a rebuilding team is very nice. They could bundle those picks and get a big level center prospect which help them greatly. The offer might be to rich for them not to refuse.

5th move
Trade evan turner and brandon bass for whatever you can get. If you combine them maybe a decent first round pick.

Big Off season move
6th move
This is a big one. With so much salary open time to sign an all star. His name is Jimmy butler. His stats are
PPG   APG   RPG   PER
21.6   3.2   6.1   22.57
 that is a lot of points so I guess you think his defense would not be so good.However  that thought would be wrong
according to espn.com's advanced stats
Scouting report
+ Rugged defender who plays either wing position.
+ Better off the bounce than from outside, but shoots well from corners.
+ Does not create a high volume of offense for a starting wing.

Analysis
Jimmy Butler continues to blossom into an upper-tier NBA wing despite a lack of an accomplished offensive game. Last season, he earned second-team all-defense honors and was named to the Team USA Select team during the summer, though he had to bow out of the workouts with a groin injury. Butler is a hard-nosed defender perfect for a Tom Thibodeau team, and is comfortable swinging between either wing position. He played more at 3 during his first two seasons, last season he was more of a 2. This season, he'll move around depending on Thibodeau's lineup choices, as he'd ideally pair Butler with a shooter such as Mike Dunleavy Jr. or rookie Doug McDermott, with Butler drawing the more difficult defensive assignment.

Butler's offensive game is raw. Last season, with Derrick Rose out, Butler upped his usage rate to 17 percent, still low for a starting wing. His efficiency dropped, mostly due to a 3-point percentage that fell from 38 to 28 percent. Butler did hit 43 percent from the corners and shoots in the high 70s from the line. Now that he should be playing off Rose and next to better floor spacers, Butler should be able to get his success rate near the league average. He's very good off the bounce, with a consistently high rate of drawing fouls. His defensive metrics don't jump out, either by video metrics (74th percentile per Synergy research) or RPM (plus-0.4), but he's an essential clog to one the league's top defenses.

the bulls don't have much room to sign him t big money because of rose, paul gasol,joakim noah and taj gibson.
So we can offer him a nice contract for about 12 million a year for 5 years or if we need to pay him more  to sign him.He is 25 right now so he would be hitting his prime. he would be amazing for us and could be our go to scorer and top notch defender.

Overal, that gives us a starting line up of
smart averaging 10 ppg at 20 years old
butler averaging 21 ppg at 25 yers old
green averaging 18ppg at 27 years old
deing averaging 12ppg at 24 years old
vuevic averaging 19ppg at 24 years old

that makes the starting line up give you 80 points a game

This gives us a bench of
6th man avery bradley 7 ppg
7th james young
8th zellar 6 ppg
9th boston's 2015 1st round pick (most likely lottery)
10th pressey3 ppg
11th wallace
12th powell

so if james young and bosons 1st round pick can score a combined 4 points of 18 minuets each then
If the bench makes 20 points then we average 100 points a game. While having an amazing defense of
smart,green,deing and butler with bradley coming off the bench.
We also get to keep all of our brooklyn picks and whatever haul we bring in form bass and turner. we would be set long term and have a stash of picks leftover.

ok tell me what you think and be honest. tell me how I can improve my Idea, Instead of saying it just sucks.

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: My celtics master rebuilding plan
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 05:05:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Butler's a restricted free agent (I think, don't have time to look it up right now). So there's one big hurdle.  I'm also not sure that Monroe is something that the Pacers are looking for.

I like the third trade, but I think we can do it without the first two. I don't think Orlando gives up Vucevic. I love the idea of Evan Turner not being on the Celtics.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Butler's a restricted free agent (I think, don't have time to look it up right now). So there's one big hurdle.  I'm also not sure that Monroe is something that the Pacers are looking for.

I like the third trade, but I think we can do it without the first two. I don't think Orlando gives up Vucevic. I love the idea of Evan Turner not being on the Celtics.

Pretty much this without the dislike of Turner. (But if I could get a first for Turner then I'm okay moving him.)

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
My idea of a rebuild fire sale.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p2f7bes

Add in a NYK future 1st and one right to pick swap to C's.
Add a OKC future 1st going to C's.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:28:04 PM by Csfan1984 »