Author Topic: BOS-CLE-CHA  (Read 3019 times)

BOS-CLE-CHA
« on: November 28, 2014, 09:17:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Trade to be made after Jan. 15

Boston - MKG, Waiters, Roberts, Haywood
Charlotte - Green
Cleveland - Bradley, Pressey, LAC 1st

Boston gets a true #1 scoring type wing who is still very young, a better backup PG than pressey, and a decent young SF prospect along with the nice contract of Haywood.

Charlotte gets an upgrade in their starting lineup for a prospect and a rotation player.

Cleveland gets a defensive minded SG locked up long term and a backup PG along with a 1st for giving up the better SG and the contract of Haywood.

I like Waiters a lot and think he is the type of player this team needs.  A real scoring guard and a guy whose defense is underrated (don't get me wrong he isn't Bradley, but he isn't bad either).  I think Green is opting out and leaving this summer, so I'd rather take my chances with MKG developing into a solid player than see Green leave this summer. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: BOS-CLE-CHA
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Why in the world would Charlotte want to trade MKG, who was is having a career year, despite some injury issues??  And, did I mention that MKG just turned 21 at the end of September???  And MKG is locked into a reasonable salary for the next almost 3 years and Green will likely opt out of his MORE expensive contract at the end of the year and want 10-12 million per year!!!  His PER is much higher than Green's and he is a BETTER defender than the mercurial Green.  Also, Roberts is a perfect backup PG for them. 

Secondly, why would we want Waiters on this team at all???  He plays NO defense at all!!!

Third, why would the Cavs get a first round pick in this??  They are UNLOADING a worthless Waiters.  The Hornets would DEMAND a first rounder in this and the CAVS should be giving one up along with us, with both of them going to Charlotte!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Boston-yes, Charlotte-no,no, Cleveland-maybe. This proposal needs to be drastically sweetened for Charlotte not to laugh at it.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 11:09:01 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Boston-yes, Charlotte-no,no, Cleveland-maybe. This proposal needs to be drastically sweetened for Charlotte not to laugh at it.
I wouldn't be so sure.  MKG is currently injured and just has one year left after this one on his contract.  And while he is playing at a career best level, that career best is under 10 points a game, 5.5 rebounds a game, just 1.3 assists a game, etc.  He also has yet to play more than 26 minutes a game and that was as a rookie. 

For a team like Charlotte that wants to make the playoffs and keep growing, a guy like Jeff Green is a huge upgrade over MKG.  He gives them a much better offensive player overall and a SIGNIFICANTLY better defender at the wing. 

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not a big fan of Waiters or MKG. Poor value for Green and Bradley.   Waiters for Bradley is probably similar value, but honestly, I don't like Waiters attitude. Green for MKG is not good at all, (potentially) expiring contract or not. I don't want to invest in MKG.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I wouldn't be so sure.  MKG is currently injured and just has one year left after this one on his contract.  And while he is playing at a career best level, that career best is under 10 points a game, 5.5 rebounds a game, just 1.3 assists a game, etc.  He also has yet to play more than 26 minutes a game and that was as a rookie. 

For a team like Charlotte that wants to make the playoffs and keep growing, a guy like Jeff Green is a huge upgrade over MKG.  He gives them a much better offensive player overall and a SIGNIFICANTLY better defender at the wing.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 12:16:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

You clearly don't watch the Hornets play often Moranis!!  I live about 30 miles from their arena and I get to see ALL their games.  MKG simply is a MORE CONSISTENT defender than Jeff Green and he is a BETTER wing defender than Jeff, period!!!  MKG is a top 20 wing defender in the entire NBA.  Jeff Green is NOT!!!  We are a little over 1/6 of the way thru this year and MKG is signed for about 6.33 million next year and he has a qualifying offer in 2016/2017 for around 8.26 million, which Charlotte or ANY team that has him will offer!!!!  That means he is signed for almost the next THREE years!!  Jeff Green has a 16.6 PER this year and MKG has a 19.3 PER this year.  MKG is shooting 62.5% from the field this year.  Jeff Green is a little stronger (but he really does NOT use this very much unfortunately for us!!) and has 3-point range, which MKG does not.  But, MKG knows this and very RARELY even attempts a three!!

Trust me in that the Hornets are NOT ready to trade MKG.  They are more ready to build AROUND him.

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yeah, I'm not sure where the idea that Jeff Green is a "SIGNIFICANTLY better defender" than MKG comes from considering it's simply not true at all.  The entire reason MKG was drafted so high was because he was projected as a very athletic, lockdown defender with tons of room to grow on the offensive end.  MKG's one strength right now IS his defense.

Where Green is significantly better than MKG is offense.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Cleveland really wants a rim protector.  How does this trade help them?  They're trading their arguably top tradeable asset for a guard. I really don't liek the trade for anybody.  It favors us but doesn't improve us a great deal plus we pick up more guaranteed contracts.... 

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
MKG is on a whole other level defensively than Jeff Green.

I thought MKG was only a notch behind the top SF defenders in the league last year ... which is very impressive for a 2nd year player ... and I expect him to make that next step this year and put his name firmly beside the LeBrons, Kawhis, P.Georges and Iguodalas as top defensive SFs in the NBA.

Jeff Green is a plus defender but he is nowhere those guys. MKG is.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 02:21:13 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
MKG is on a whole other level defensively than Jeff Green.

I thought MKG was only a notch behind the top SF defenders in the league last year ... which is very impressive for a 2nd year player ... and I expect him to make that next step this year and put his name firmly beside the LeBrons, Kawhis, P.Georges and Iguodalas as top defensive SFs in the NBA.

Jeff Green is a plus defender but he is nowhere those guys. MKG is.

Really? I like MKG, but I'm not sure he's otherworldly, at least not yet. Besides Green gives them offensive firepower while still remaining a plus defender. MKG's offense is a work in progress.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 08:30:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
with the Lowe report that Charlotte is being aggressive and Green is apparently a target, any additional thoughts on this trade.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 09:04:12 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Trade to be made after Jan. 15

Boston - MKG, Waiters, Roberts, Haywood
Charlotte - Green
Cleveland - Bradley, Pressey, LAC 1st

Boston gets a true #1 scoring type wing who is still very young, a better backup PG than pressey, and a decent young SF prospect along with the nice contract of Haywood.

Charlotte gets an upgrade in their starting lineup for a prospect and a rotation player.

Cleveland gets a defensive minded SG locked up long term and a backup PG along with a 1st for giving up the better SG and the contract of Haywood.

I like Waiters a lot and think he is the type of player this team needs.  A real scoring guard and a guy whose defense is underrated (don't get me wrong he isn't Bradley, but he isn't bad either).  I think Green is opting out and leaving this summer, so I'd rather take my chances with MKG developing into a solid player than see Green leave this summer. 
Not digging this deal.

Green >>> MKG. (Green is a + defender and far superior scorer)
AB >= Waiters. (AB is a far superior defender that can score.  Waiters can be better on offense but plays no D)
Pressed & Clips pick >= Roberts & Hayward.  Pick looks like most valuable piece here

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 09:12:53 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Lowe tweeted this some hours ago:

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
Something I should have made clear in Hornets piece today: Absolutely do not see them even thinking about moving MKG.
I really don't like Waiters. So without the possibility of getting Kidd-Gilchrist, I can't say I'm too interested.