Author Topic: Ben Mclemore and Draymond Green: Impressive this season  (Read 8933 times)

Ben Mclemore and Draymond Green: Impressive this season
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:22:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
-People did say Ben Mclemores game resembled to Ray Allen's.  Ben has a long way to go before he accomplishes what Ray Allen has but the similarities are there  (His athleticism, quickness and effortless jump shooting stroke ).  If we had a chance to get Mclemore for Rondo, Danny should of done it.  It could still be possible by the deadline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kneyUVR3tbE

-Draymond Green is going to get paid next season (7-8 million a year) and the GSW likely won't have to cap space to give him that amount of money per season.  I hope Danny tries to sign him or trade for him at the trade deadline. What a nice player he has developed into and still has more room to grow.   Has a beast body for a 6'7-6'8 forward, long arms, has lost some weight and is now more athletic and quicker. Better jump shot.   Plays tough defense, able to guard mutiple positions (seen him guard Blake Griffin, Lebron James to some centers) and is underrated on the offensive end. Prob one of the best passing forward in the league.    I was really hoping Danny would take Green with the 2nd first a few years ago. Lots of teams are prob kicking themselves in the head for skipping on Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijXBwdtolAI
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:31:31 AM by triboy16f »

Re: Ben Mclemore and Draymond Green: Impressive this season
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:04:00 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yep.  McLemore proved he could shoot in College.  He had a rough rookie year, but the kid was 20.  I really don't understand how people can call someone a "bust" after a single season.  That's ridiculous.  Avery Bradley shot like 25% his rookie year. 

Anyways... McLemore is showing what he already proved he could do in College.  He's averaging 10.5 points with 45%/40%/87% shooting ... that's exceptional if he keeps up those percentages.  He's 21 years old. 

He's one of several "busts" from last year's draft class that have been pretty intriguing this year.  Noel obviously raises the level of that draft class.  Anthony Bennett has actually looked really good lately.  Alex Len is showing signs of life.  Cody Zeller is showing signs of life.  Steven Adams is starting.  Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is starting.  Otto Porter has shown a ton of potential.  Gobert is showing a potential.  Olynyk has been impressive.    It's going to be interesting to look back on that class in 5 years.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:10:18 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 05:53:43 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Green has been great this year but McLemore still looks bad, with a PER of less than 10.  However, he does have all the tools and potentially has a lot of improvement in his future.  I wouldn't call his season impressive though.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:14:18 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Green has been great this year but McLemore still looks bad, with a PER of less than 10.  However, he does have all the tools and potentially has a lot of improvement in his future.  I wouldn't call his season impressive though.

PER isn't the be all/end all. Especially when it contradicts McLemore's much improved shooting percentages and what is actually witnessed on the court (not lost defensively, playing with confidence, playing off of teammates, etc.). I encourage to watch him play and see if those PER numbers aren't deceiving.

Brandan Wright has the 2nd highest PER in the league at 29.96, which is more than James, Paul, Cousins, Curry, and so on.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 09:43:01 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Your forgot the fact that Draymond Green has also shown he can keep up againts guards on switches, can pass the ball very well and can rebound.

Id tradr our Green for their Green any day. With his improved shotting, he has become a a very good player.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

PER isn't the be all/end all. Especially when it contradicts McLemore's much improved shooting percentages and what is actually witnessed on the court (not lost defensively, playing with confidence, playing off of teammates, etc.). I encourage to watch him play and see if those PER numbers aren't deceiving.

Brandan Wright has the 2nd highest PER in the league at 29.96, which is more than James, Paul, Cousins, Curry, and so on.

Brandan Wright also has the highest WS/48 so he is doing it on both ends. PER is just a measure of how efficient a player is, and Wright is extremely efficient with his limited minutes.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 10:12:03 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Brandan Wright also has the highest WS/48 so he is doing it on both ends. PER is just a measure of how efficient a player is, and Wright is extremely efficient with his limited minutes.

And? If you're going to use PER to say how badly McLemore is playing, then I'll use Wright as an example of how it's not that accurate. Wright should never be 2nd in the NBA at anything, except maybe DNPCD's. Actually, I don't think he's horrible just an average journeyman at best.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Would anybody in the league take Wright over Bmc?

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm sure Dallas would easily pick Wright over McLemore.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Would anybody in the league take Wright over Bmc?

Nope

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 11:35:09 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I feel like Ray Allen accomplished far more than Ben Mc right out of the gate and Ben is nowhere near that yet, but to be fair Ray came out after his junior year and Ben came out after his freshman year, so Ben should get this year and some of next to really decide if he compares or not.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 12:48:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nice to see McLemore improve on last year. I am still not quite sold on him. Never have been. I was a doubter of his coming into the league. But his development from year one to year two has been impressive particularly on the defensive end of the floor. He was one of the worst players in the league last year. Now a useful starter for a solid team. Big improvement.

Unclear whether he is just a role player or has high end potential though.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 12:55:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Very happy to see Draymond Green's growth this season. He is an easy guy to root for. Does all the little things a team needs from it's role players to win games.

Just didn't have enough offensive utility as a shooter & scorer. Held him back and kept him tied to a bench role. Great to see how consistent his jump-shot has been this year. That is a career changing development for him. He is a starting caliber forward now and should be highly sought after when he hits free agency. Should get $7-8 million a year easily. Maybe $10 million per with the cap going up. A fantastic glue guy.

Hard to see Golden State being able to afford (financially) to keep both David Lee and Draymond Green. One will have to go. Green doing a great job of winning that battle right now.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 12:57:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have different definitions of impressive.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2578213/ben-mclemore

10.5 PPG?  That is impressive?

I think he is performing more where he was drafted but impressive is a stretch.

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Well, McLemore barely looked like an NBA player last year. He still can't really pass or dribble, but at least he's found his stroke.