Author Topic: BOS, PHI, OKC trade idea  (Read 4937 times)

BOS, PHI, OKC trade idea
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:46:25 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p8zrs5n

I'd say a second round pick from OKC to Boston and a first round pick from Boston to PHI.

What do you think?

Re: BOS, PHI, OKC trade idea
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:06:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think OKC turns that down to be honest.  same with Philly

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Don't see why Philly would traded their two best young players Noel and ROY MCW.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
My thinking was that Philly was trying to trade MCW during the draft. MCW is good but he's kinda the best player on a bad team. Jackson is looking to get paid and to me, is the best player in the deal. Philly can pay Jackson the most if they have his bird rights.

Philly is tanking (obvs) and are looking at Okafor. If they draft Okafor they will trade Embiid or Noel.

Philly can then build around Jackson/Okafor/Embiid.

For OKC they aren't gonna pay Jackson. Getting Olynyk and MCW would be a nice way to make sure they aren't left with him just leaving.

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 11:00:13 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I think OKC turns that down to be honest.  same with Philly

I thought they made out best, for money reasons. Jackson gets paid this summer and Jones the summer after that, while MCW and Olynyk have 2 years on their rookie deals after this season.

I don't think I'd do it if I'm Philly. Their approach seems to me to be swinging for the fences and pulling out all the stops to land a franchise guy. I'm not sure they'd abandon their plan for Jackson and Jones.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 12:10:26 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Its definatly a trade that I could see happening. Us basically trading Noel for KO I love. Your on point about okc paying Jackson why not get some assets in good young players. Jackson would bring a good presence to the sixers while not much talent around him now embiid could come in to his own they have a ton of draft picks and money to go after players it could be a good situation for him. I think all 3 teams win in this scenario.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
Yeah exactly, he's going to turn and leave OKC as soon as possible. He's been playing with a chip on his shoulder trying to prove he's a starter. I think Olynyk and MCW would be a heck of a return.

Jackson won't turn around the 76ers himself, but you add Embiid and Okafor to him and some real free agents and not some D-league fillers. That's a good start to a real team.

Jackson is kinda like this year's Bledsoe  :-X

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
While what you are proposing is not unreasonable, I believe that Philly thinks that Noel has too much upside to get true value for him at this time.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 11:07:11 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
Us basically trading Noel for KO I love.

I like getting Noel for Olynyk too but I can't see why Philadelphia would do this.  It might make Phily a little better in the short term but gives away upside.  Doesn't seem to fit their recent actions.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 12:30:14 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't see Reggie Jackson being traded at all during the season.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
OKC says yes.  They get a distributing point guard for russ and kd.  KO stretches the floor.  Philly says no because perry jones isn't enough.  To get rid of Noel and MCW would be huge for philli, I dont doubt for a second that they have interest in Reggie Jackson, but RJ and PJ just isn't enough.  BOS says yea.  Obviously we get the rim protecter.  Very close to being a realistic trade.

From the looks of it though it definitely looks like we could give up more than just KO to land Noel.  We throw in a pick, or maybe another piece it might be enough.  Off the top of my head the only player I can see being agreed upon by both sides is Avery Bradley.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 09:10:18 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
OKC already has a distributing point guard by the name of Russell Westbrook.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
OKC says yes.  They get a distributing point guard for russ and kd.  KO stretches the floor.  Philly says no because perry jones isn't enough.  To get rid of Noel and MCW would be huge for philli, I dont doubt for a second that they have interest in Reggie Jackson, but RJ and PJ just isn't enough.  BOS says yea.  Obviously we get the rim protecter.  Very close to being a realistic trade.

From the looks of it though it definitely looks like we could give up more than just KO to land Noel.  We throw in a pick, or maybe another piece it might be enough.  Off the top of my head the only player I can see being agreed upon by both sides is Avery Bradley.

I'd say a second round pick from OKC to Boston and a first round pick from Boston to PHI.

What do you think?

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 03:35:18 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
As in another, two overall.  Or one and another piece.  And mcw was Roy in a weak draft class, flat out Reggie Jackson is the better player, so actually Kelly should go to philli here.  Maybe they'll be willing to downgrade for that draft pick.  Or probably more realistically work in another team to send Kelly to, and get philli someone else.  (I say this because the sixers will have a top three pick this year, and all the highly touted players are centers.  So I doubt philli wants to stack up there front court.  But that could also be a reason to make it more realistic philli would move nerlens).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:36:43 AM by bmac934 »

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 08:30:15 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

What do you think?

It's not a bad offer at all.  Which first would it be for Boston to give up?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby