Author Topic: Bulls (9-6) at Celtics (4-8) Game #13 11/ 28/14  (Read 27526 times)

Re: Bulls (9-6) at Celtics (4-8) Game #13 11/ 28/14
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2014, 07:41:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I missed the the game :'(

Was Rondo the hero  ???

I guess it depends on which team you were rooting for.

Oh ...ok..I just saw the score ....I figured Rondo must have had a whale of a game for us to be that close playing against Rose.  Least it wasn't a blow out .
for me, it was more of the same story. the celtics are not a good team. for 3 quarters the other team plays regular level basketball, the celtics can hang with them.

come the fourth quarter, the other team focuses on defense, plays match ups, and tries a lot harder. the result is the celtics cannot keep up and lose.

it is not simply rondo, the entire team is limited and has talents that dont mesh well. if every team played hard the entire game the celtics losses would be far worse.

the biggest disappointment for me was the performance of olly. poor shooting and more miserable foul calls against him.

Your most likely correct or mostly so.   The Celtics really don't fall so much apart the last quarter as their opponents turn it on are superior and step up their game , making the Celtics appear flat and lost .  Celtics are simple out match when both teams are trying their hardest

I think you nailed the situation ,  the Celtics are under talented compared t most team s and it show when the other team steps it up and the Celtics can't match their level of skill......meaning they can't defend or score the ball as the other team really tries.

It's a depressing way to view it ...more than likely it's the root of the problem .....lack of center and talent.

« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Just finished watching that game now (DVR)....We had NO business losing that game...Several chances to put away the Bulls---but let them hang around, thanks to a Pathetic late 2nd quarter---and Rondo SUCKKING HARD----Dude has lost us 2 games with his missed free throws late----What the hell---?

Stevens kept Turner on the bench way too long in the 4th--when he was the only player who could get his own shot all game---Sully battled hard...but Ainge LIED to him and his pops in the off-season.

Also, Bulls certainly know how to work the refs---it's team-wide...every time any Celtic got near ANY of them---they Yelled/Screamed---and it seemed to work---Refs fell for it, over and over (Jimmy Butler ahem)...Our players NEVER do this (PP used to do it all the time)....They are WELL COACHED on what refs in this league fall for.

BENCH Kelly O...and Start Zeller alongside Sullinger--and play them both big minutes.....Trade Rondo for something by the deadline---he flat out stinks worse than he ever has.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
In the third I was pretty sure a loss was coming. Feels like no lead under 25 is safe. Man this sucks  :-\

Stevens with the awful subs again.

That 4th quarter was really awful, and 0 points in the last 2:30 minutes?

While the defense sucks, what has been causing the losses is every game there are 2+ stretches of a completely dead offensive game. An offensive team that doesn't score?
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.