Author Topic: Bulls (9-6) at Celtics (4-8) Game #13 11/ 28/14  (Read 27509 times)

Re: Bulls (9-6) at Celtics (4-8) Game #13 11/ 28/14
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I missed the the game :'(

Was Rondo the hero  ???

I guess it depends on which team you were rooting for.

Oh ...ok..I just saw the score ....I figured Rondo must have had a whale of a game for us to be that close playing against Rose.  Least it wasn't a blow out .
for me, it was more of the same story. the celtics are not a good team. for 3 quarters the other team plays regular level basketball, the celtics can hang with them.

come the fourth quarter, the other team focuses on defense, plays match ups, and tries a lot harder. the result is the celtics cannot keep up and lose.

it is not simply rondo, the entire team is limited and has talents that dont mesh well. if every team played hard the entire game the celtics losses would be far worse.

the biggest disappointment for me was the performance of olly. poor shooting and more miserable foul calls against him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Missing free throws is inexcusable but this constant pitiful endgame execution is on the coach as much as the players.  Stevens also needs to realize that you sometimes need to play your best players 38-40 minutes in order to win some games.

Mike

Looking at the box score, it would appear that he did that? (I missed the broadcast)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Has anyone EVER seen a team get as many double-digit leads and then lose like this team?

Mike

nope. And it would not happen if Rondo was benched with less than 5 min.  Maybe we don't win all the close games but at least 2 or 3 more wins than we have now

Without Rondo, this is what would happen.

We would be able to put a bigger/better defender out on the floor.  We would have guys capable to make jump shots so that it prevents teams from playing zone and daring a poor jump shooter to shoot. We would have guys able to make FT's for heavens sake. At least one out of 2.

Wrong.  All you have to do is look at the Hornets THIS year.  They have blown MORE second half leads than us!!!!!!!!!  FACTS are pretty cool.

Smitty77

« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2014, 05:31:20 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
This one was an awesome game. Competitive and Chicago won! Another win for the tank.

« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Has anyone EVER seen a team get as many double-digit leads and then lose like this team?

Mike

nope. And it would not happen if Rondo was benched with less than 5 min.  Maybe we don't win all the close games but at least 2 or 3 more wins than we have now

We would be able to put a bigger/better defender out on the floor.  We would have guys capable to make jump shots so that it prevents teams from playing zone and daring a poor jump shooter to shoot. We would have guys able to make FT's for heavens sake. At least one out of 2.

Wrong.  All you have to do is look at the Hornets THIS year.  They have blown MORE second half leads than us!!!!!!!!!  FACTS are pretty cool.

Smitty77

They also play in the dreaded west.  Memphis will prob beat them 5 out of 5 times in close games.

The Bulls are not that good of a team.  We should of won tonight

« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2014, 05:46:26 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Mike

Smitty77

They also play in the dreaded west.  Memphis will prob beat them 5 out of 5 times in close games.

You're thinking of the Pelicans. I'd make fun of you for it, but I've called the Hornets the Bobcats about 19 times so far this year.

« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Mike

Smitty77

???

Pelicans also have a great player and MVP caliber player in AD...So....?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2014, 05:50:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Mike

Smitty77

You're thinking of the Pelicans. I'd make fun of you for it, but I've called the Hornets the Bobcats about 19 times so far this year.

my bad.

Lance Stephenson is hurting that team. Another guy that can't shoot

« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2014, 06:38:24 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

Mike
I have.  Teams blow big leads all the time in the NBA.  In fact, the Pierce, Garnett, Ray Ray Celtics blew plenty of huge leads in their day too, but the difference is that they were a good team and good teams know where to find shots and how to get stops in the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter and they end up winning by 3 or 4 pts. after made FTs put the game out of reach.

For example, I thought one play that was pretty huge down the stretch was with about 1 - 2 min. left in the game someone found Sully wide open for a 3, but he hesitated opted to drive the ball to the hoop instead, and ended up getting called for a charge.  In a game where you are playing as well as he was, I want him stepping into that open 3 without 2nd thoughts.  I thought it was one illustration of the team just not being confident of where their points come from at the end of games.

So it might be a little unfair to put all the blame on Rondo for our end of games woes.  However, I don't see him as ever being part of the solution to it.  Because of his inadequacies he makes it much harder for the offense to score when it matters.  My biggest problem with RR is that he has the ego of a star player, but not the game to go with it.  He's a little like Andre Iguodala in that he's very good at what he's good at, but if your entire team is built around him he's not good enough to win with.

I've also been wondering lately, what team in their right mind would trade for Rondo?  Why spend assets on a PG who shoots under 50% from the FT line and is a FA at the end of the season?  I'm afraid by the deadline we won't be able to get a bag of magic beans for him even if Danny does come to his senses to trade him at some point this year.

Hopefully, this isn't too all over the place.  It is a combination of an attempt at some level headed analysis, and a gush of frustrated babble.

« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2014, 06:42:56 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
According to a tweet by kwapt, in the fourth quarter today, Celtics offense:  5 of 26 from the field including 0 of 8 from trey and 1 of 5 free throws. 

Haven't checked to see who did what,  but probably pretty spread around.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2014, 07:06:01 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Missing free throws is inexcusable but this constant pitiful endgame execution is on the coach as much as the players.  Stevens also needs to realize that you sometimes need to play your best players 38-40 minutes in order to win some games.

Mike

Looking at the box score, it would appear that he did that? (I missed the broadcast)

The Box score I'm looking at has Bradley leading the Celtics at 33 minutes.

Mike

« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Doh!  I missed the game today.  Should I watch the replay at 8?  You know, despite what happened with the refs as usual because it's Chicago, I'm honestly surprised that we ever had a lead, let alone a double digit one, against a Bulls team with Rose and everybody except for Taj Gibson, so I think that that's very encouraging.  Why are we so much more successful against the Bulls now than we were in the past, btw?  Is it our youth and a different offense as opposed to our then-aging hall of famers and Doc's horrible offense, or is it something else?  Even without Rose, I didn't think that we could beat Chicago at the United Center, because we hadn't won a game there in years.  At least it feels that way.  I would have loved to have seen Smart go up against Rose today, but alas, it was not to be.  Sigh.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:02:30 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2014, 07:19:15 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
See if you can make sense of this.

Green is averaging fewer minutes per game than he did his last 3 seasons in OKC.

Rondo is averaging fewer minutes than anytime since his third year in the league.  Rondo is actually averaging fewer minutes than he had last year coming off his knee injury.

Zeller is averaging fewer minutes than he did in Cleveland.

Mike

« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Mike

The Box score I'm looking at has Bradley leading the Celtics at 33 minutes.

Mike

Oh, yeah, I misread your post as 33-40 minutes. My mistake!
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
See if you can make sense of this.

Green is averaging fewer minutes per game than he did his last 3 seasons in OKC.

Rondo is averaging fewer minutes than anytime since his third year in the league.  Rondo is actually averaging fewer minutes than he had last year coming off his knee injury.

Zeller is averaging fewer minutes than he did in Cleveland.

Mike