Author Topic: Joakim Noah  (Read 8329 times)

Joakim Noah
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:52:38 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
What do you guys think are the odds that joakim noah becomes available?  With the drose uncertainty I wouldn't be surprised if JN wants out at some point during this year.  It's been two years now that drose hasn't played at all, and now he's still picking and choosing the games he plays in.  JN contract is up at the end of next year so a potential trade before his contract expires could be a possibility.  Or maybe he just bolts when his contract expires.  I understand there is nothing to support this but it's a gut feeling that very soon he's gonna be tired of the uncertainty.  Also without another superstar in drose Chicago isn't as attractive as it was, regardless of the fact that right now they are one of the better teams with one of the better coaches.  Let me know what you guys think.

Re: Joakim Noah
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
He besides Marc gasoline is a center I'd go after and overpay for.  Great defender, rebounder who plays hard runs the floor passes well......perfect for celtics.  Would he come here? Unknown....but this is why you resign a guy like rondo.  Noah rondo and green is a really good three

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Just say no to Noah.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 07:40:51 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
He seems more loyal than the average nab player so I think he'd want to stay barring a trade. I think everyone there, except Butler, is invested in the team for awhile.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 07:51:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
It's an interesting idea.

I could see Noah being a target next summer depending on how the Bulls do this season.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
What do you guys think are the odds that joakim noah becomes available?  With the drose uncertainty I wouldn't be surprised if JN wants out at some point during this year.  It's been two years now that drose hasn't played at all, and now he's still picking and choosing the games he plays in.  JN contract is up at the end of next year so a potential trade before his contract expires could be a possibility.  Or maybe he just bolts when his contract expires.  I understand there is nothing to support this but it's a gut feeling that very soon he's gonna be tired of the uncertainty.  Also without another superstar in drose Chicago isn't as attractive as it was, regardless of the fact that right now they are one of the better teams with one of the better coaches.  Let me know what you guys think.

Doubt it. Major city, max money, great coach, players he's close with (including Rose), and Butler is a budding star.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 08:59:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Doubt it. Major city, max money, great coach, players he's close with (including Rose), and Butler is a budding star.

Ditto...especially the coach part. Noah was born to play in Thibs' system.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 08:35:57 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White

Disagree that Butler is a budding star.  He's the same player as Iman Shumpert.  Don't get me wrong there both very good ALL AROUND players, but don't think either will ever be a star.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 08:38:37 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White

Ditto...especially the coach part. Noah was born to play in Thibs' system.

He fits our system PERFECTLY as well.  Defensive minded, pass first team.  Plays with intensity.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 11:19:15 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Noah kind of annoyed me with all those unnecessary grunts. You'd think a tennis match was going on.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Disagree that Butler is a budding star.  He's the same player as Iman Shumpert.  Don't get me wrong there both very good ALL AROUND players, but don't think either will ever be a star.

Butler is averaging 21.6 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.6 SPG, on 49.2% from the field and 82.4 from the line. He's superior to Shumpert in almost every way possible. For comparison, Shumpert is averaging 11.2 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.4 APG, 1.1 SPG, on 44.5% from the field and 70% from the line.

In order to find a player with equal numbers as Butler look no further than Klay Thompson. Thompson is averaging 21.4 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.4 APG, 1.3 SPG, on 44.4% from the field and 87.1% from the line.

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Noah kind of annoyed me with all those unnecessary grunts. You'd think a tennis match was going on.

TP..that made me laugh...have thought the same thing before, especially when at the game.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 11:39:41 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I have to disagree with this.  Shumpert seems to me to be a very hot / cold offensive player.  Butler has been super consistent over the last year / two years.  I hadn't been playing much attention to Bulter until this year, and noticed that he had been putting up great numbers for a while now.   

Shump's D maybe a bit better, but not enough to make me prefer him over Butler.  Butler is exactly the kind of player I wish the C's could trade for budding wing superstar with ability to impact the game both ways (but it will probably never happen, Chicago won't let him go unless they have to).

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 12:11:59 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

TP..that made me laugh...have thought the same thing before, especially when at the game.
It seemed like he never missed an opportunity to grunt. You would think after a while you would give it a rest.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 12:28:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bass never misses an opportunity to say "hey"