Author Topic: Crazy trade idea that might work if we try it at the end of the year  (Read 745 times)

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
first Boston makes a trade with okc and Indiana for Serge Ibaka

boston gives up:olynyk,evan turner,brandon bass,Brooklyn 2016, clippers 2015 1st rounder
boston gets:serge Ibaka

okc gives up:serge Ibaka
okc gets:olynyk,victor varieni,brandon bass, roy hibbert, clippers 2015 1st rounder

Indiana gives up: roy hibbert
Idiana gets: perkins,brooklin 2016,evan turner

Why okc
they get the rim protector in roy hibbert and they get their starting pf in olynyk

why boston
because the celtics need a rim protecter and a star and serge ibaka is both of those things. He is a 25 year old star.They do however pay a hefty price. However the Brooklyn looks ok. I mean you never know if they are going to be lottery picks or not and even lottery picks sometimes don't work out. Boston is getting a for sure thing in ibaka. We still are keeping the option to switch with Brooklyn in 2017 and Brooklyn 2018 . we still keep our key young prospects in smart,sully and young.

the second trade between boston and orlando

boston gives up sully, avery bradley,brooklin 2018
Boston gets vuevic

Orlando gets: sully, avery bradley,brooklin 2018
orlando gives up vuevic

Why orlando
well sully can produce almost as much as vuevic and then 2 first round picks kind of closes the gap. with orlando still in rebuilding mode 1st round picks could go a long way.

why boston
well they get a young super star in vuevic who averages double double and is signed to a 5 year 2.8 million dollar deal. He is 23 and a perfect building block for the celtics.

Why would boston do any of this? This is just seems to be over paying for players.

well this would give the celtics a line up of
rondo 10ppg in 30 minuets / pressly scores 3ppg in 13 minutes /smart in 5 minutes
smart 9 ppg in 30 minuates/young 8 points in 20 min/Thornton
green 18ppg in 30/Thornton in 15 minutes scores 7.5 points a game/wallace
Ibaka 16ppg in 30/powel in 18 minuets scores 5 ppg
vuevic 19ppg in 30/zellar in 18 minuets scores 6.3ppg

I think this line up could be the best defensive team and good offensively because of
that is 72 points a night from the starting line up and  calculating the veterans averages and then making low estimates for rookies I was able to determine that the bench would average 29.8 points coming off the bench making the team average about 101 points per game.
However, this would be done in the off-season so we would lose thornton. I imagine we would then resign rondo longer term with what  15 million a year for 5 years seems fair to me.

That would make the celtics owe players
rondo 15
Ibaka 12.4
wallace 10
jeff green 9.2
smart 3.3
vuevic 2.8
zellar 1.7
young 1.7
pressly.81
powell.5

we would shed 17 million dollars off of what the celtics payroll is…
we would go into free agency with some money to sign a good 6th man and use our draft pick to get someone good for the bench. That would make this team amazing and certainly championship contenders. While keeping the picks of boston 2015,philly 2015,boston 2016,boston 2017 rights to switch with brooklin  pick if we want, and finally boston 2018.

I just realized that lebron james is a free agent in the up coming offseason. would the king sign to the celtics for 17 million a year. I mean we would defiantly get the championship
 I mean it would be a death sentence for any team that would face them I mean a starting line up of
Rondo
smart
lebron
Ibaka
Vuevic

I know this is insane thinking I am just saying it could be a far off possibility if we made the first two trades.

So what do you think? Overal plz comment. If you think it sucks plz tell me why and don't say it just sucks
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:14:27 AM by Hawkeye199 »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Crazy trade idea that might work if we try it at the end of the year
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
how can you do this at the end of the year when Bass and Perk are free agents?  none of these teams would resign them as part of a S&T.

as for the talent evaluation, I'd actually do that trade for Ibaka for the C's.  Doubt OKC would though and I know Indy wouldn't touch it.

The Orlando is horrible.  I wouldn't give up that Brooklyn pick by itself for Vucevic.  Also, can't see Orlando giving up their center for another PF and SG even though the talent exchange is in their favor