Author Topic: Wow CHA is doing horrible..  (Read 6871 times)

Re: Wow CHA is doing horrible..
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 12:00:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I would think Green is someone they would be interested in for some of their prospects. I think Vonleh is intriguing, not sure if trading for another Zeller is a good idea though, and Biyombo is not worth trading for at all.

Also not sure about becoming the Boston Zellers.

LoL.  .....BOSTON ZELTICS

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 12:35:14 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I would think Green is someone they would be interested in for some of their prospects. I think Vonleh is intriguing, not sure if trading for another Zeller is a good idea though, and Biyombo is not worth trading for at all.

Lol biyombo is bad. No thanks. Vonleh for sure. Also not sure about becoming the Boston Zellers.

On the one hand, it worked for the Phoenix Morrises.  On the other hand, the New York Smiths.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 12:35:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol biyombo is bad. No thanks. Vonleh for sure. Also not sure about becoming the Boston Zellers.

Wait - so now we want Vonleh?  I thought the general consensus about him from people on here is that he's a quitter, so why would we want him, again?

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 12:46:16 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Now that Stephenson has apparently been benched for the fourth quarter in two consecutive games, shouldn't we get some people clamoring for the Celtics to buy low and trade for him as soon as he is eligible to be traded?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 12:55:50 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Now that Stephenson has apparently been benched for the fourth quarter in two consecutive games, shouldn't we get some people clamoring for the Celtics to buy low and trade for him as soon as he is eligible to be traded?

Trade them Bradley!  ;D

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 04:20:22 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I mean... maybe Biyombo is bad.  I'm not sure why Charlotte insists on starting Marvin Williams.  Cody Zeller has played really well lately, but I guess they don't want to have two starting centers out there.  So then they have Vonleh that they obviously will need to invest development time into as well... who is playing behind Zeller, because Williams is starting.   And then you have Biyombo...   Who everyone says is an atrocious offensive player, but the kid performs every time he steps on the court, doesn't he?  His Per-36 numbers are 10.4 points, 14 rebounds, 4 blocks on 56% shooting ...  I'm just saying... if you stuck him on a defensively inept team like Boston, couldn't he make an impact?  He's possibly the best interior defender on that team and yet he can't get consistent minutes.  He's "undersized" in that he's 6'9, but he has a 7'6 wingspan... He's 22 years old.  I'd absolutely gamble on him if he was available... and with Al Jefferson, Cody Zeller and Noah Vonleh already on that team, I'd guess that Biyombo is pretty available.

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 07:58:58 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I love big al but he wouldn't be improving our D any.

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 10:32:52 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

I mean... maybe Biyombo is bad.  I'm not sure why Charlotte insists on starting Marvin Williams.  Cody Zeller has played really well lately, but I guess they don't want to have two starting centers out there.  So then they have Vonleh that they obviously will need to invest development time into as well... who is playing behind Zeller, because Williams is starting.   And then you have Biyombo...   Who everyone says is an atrocious offensive player, but the kid performs every time he steps on the court, doesn't he?  His Per-36 numbers are 10.4 points, 14 rebounds, 4 blocks on 56% shooting ...  I'm just saying... if you stuck him on a defensively inept team like Boston, couldn't he make an impact?  He's possibly the best interior defender on that team and yet he can't get consistent minutes.  He's "undersized" in that he's 6'9, but he has a 7'6 wingspan... He's 22 years old.  I'd absolutely gamble on him if he was available... and with Al Jefferson, Cody Zeller and Noah Vonleh already on that team, I'd guess that Biyombo is pretty available.
I feel the same way about Biyombo.  I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on Biyombo as part of a Green/Bass deal.

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 11:22:44 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Undersize or not, if Biyombo is providing decent/good rim protection, I'd gladly take him. Maybe a clips or cavs pick would do.

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 11:32:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Huge fan of him. Thought a MKG/Biyombo for Green/Bass makes complete sense.

Biyombo was a binkie of mine, but wasn't sure CHA at the time would give him up. He has averaged a career low 13.2 MPG.

Al Jeff has hindered his use, and Biyombo is 6'9 with nice wingspan and is 22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ199djBUA0

Biyombo has no post game at all... But who cares... Hes 22, young and is a strong defender.

2013-2014

During last season players around the league had the worst field goal percentage (38.8%) at the rim when it was defended by Bismack Biyombo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxekHDvnokU
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 11:33:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 12:24:07 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Now 4-13.  I called this debacle at the beginning of the season!!!  They let go their "glue guy" that held everything together in McRoberts and then let two solid bench players go in Chris Douglas Roberts and Anthony Tolliver, who both gave their hearts and souls on the court EVERY night.

MJ is an absolutely TERRIBLE owner and GM (when at Washington)!!!!  HORRIBLE!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2014, 01:02:21 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
You think it's that and not the fact that MKG is out indefinitely?

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 01:21:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm not sure what is different about the team this versus last year because last year they played excellent defense (5th in defensive rating), and this year they have been almost as bad as the Celtics.

They seem to be in push for the playoffs now mode. I would love to get Biyombo, Zeller, Vonleh or MKG.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2014, 09:07:36 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Tonight doesn't appear to be the night that they're going to turn it around.

They were trailing 64-28 at the half.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:26:02 PM by Nerf DPOY »