Author Topic: Gerald Wallace Article  (Read 5327 times)

Re: Gerald Wallace Article
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
next, why have wallace guard lebron, or anyone, for extended lengths of time? this year is about player development, wins are nice, but not the primary goal. by having wallace spend 30 minutes on lebron stevens would be reducing the time of the younger players. i agree with stevens' and ainge's master plan here.

I think you need to be willing play guys like Wallace (and Bass) to show to young players that they are not entitled to minutes just because the team is trying to rebuild.  Wallace should be playing over a guy like Young, who needs to learn how to play defense and shouldn't be allowed to simply shoot his way out of the D-League.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
When arguing that he gets 10m to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. and sit on the bench you have to consider that he getīs the 10m anyways. He decides to be a leader instead of a cancer, so I think he deserves credit for it.

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 09:16:04 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
http://themighty.com/2014/11/to-the-nba-player-who-didnt-see-my-sons-disability/

Gerald Wallace is not getting a lot of love on Celtics Blog because of his contract, but he deserves some credit for doing everything right.  He has every right to be disgruntled being a veteran on a rebuilding team and not getting minutes even through he probably deserves some.  He has been a  good leader in the locker room and always plays hard when called upon.

TP to the OP for the article. I just don't agree with the underlined sentiment.

Down to earth guy who doesn't forget where he comes from.

He spends his summers back home in a small town in Alabama.

This from Gwall's Foundation website:

http://www.geraldwallacefoundation.org/AboutUs.html

Growing up in Childersburg, Alabama, in a single parent home, Gerald Wallace watched as his mother struggled to make ends meet.
His upbringing gave him a unique perspective on the challenges many kids in our communities are faced with. He understands the difficulties they encounter as they strive to achieve their dreams.
After achieving his dream of making it in the NBA, Wallace strives to give something back to help these kids succeed.

Has two community parks in Childersburg dedicated in his name...Provides fireworks for his hometown every Fourth of July...Took 75 children displaced by Hurricane Sandy shopping for their favorite gifts.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:42:47 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
lol, k, blame Wallace for being a professional and accepting his coach's decision to bench him.

Yea, it's rough to make $10 million a year sitting on the bench. Let's give him a medal.

I wonder why it is that when someone pays a compliment to someone, in other people's eyes that means that they want to give the person a medal.  I don't think anyone is talking about a medal or an award.   I don't think anyone said he's worth $10M.  Posters are simply appreciating his effort and attitude. 

When you call someone out on having a bad attitude the previous season, and then they seem to be giving all they have the next season, I think it's OK to say "nice goin'".   That's all.  No medal.  People who make a lot of money should be working hard, but it's OK to appreciate hard work even when it's an expectation.  I'd expect you to hold the door open for me if I follow you into a building -- and when you do, I'll still say "thanks".
Great post, you are exactly right. Don't worry about Chris22, he clearly will find any reason to dislike Gerald Wallace, as if it is his $10M we are paying him.  If you need a reason to appreciate GW, think of how valuable he will be if there is a major injury to Green or Turner. Every roster in the NBA has a "bad" contract, i.e. somebody who is not producing commmensurate with their salary. That does NOT mean they are not valuable. 

We should be cheering guys like Wallace and Bass who are veterans. have usually started in their careers and now are willing to come off the bench so the younger players can start.

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 09:07:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Could have been worse .  We ate the contract to get the picks .   He knew it .  Overall,  he has been good guy once he came to terms with his own drop off from star to,bench player .

For ten mil ....

I could have been a peach  ;D