Author Topic: Sixers want Okafor?  (Read 6151 times)

Re: Sixers want Okafor?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 06:12:22 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Do Towns or Okafor have a jumpshot?  Or are they just going to be a better version of  the Pistons' Drummond / Monroe combo when combined with some combination of Noel and Embiid?

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Can MCW play shooting guard? If he can (he has the size), wouldn't it be obvious to draft Mudiay?

???

MCW has terrible shooting mechanics, so no.

Drafting Mudiay= bye bye MCW.

OK, I don't follow NBA too much outside the C's. I thought MCW had some handles and court vision to act dwade-like at the two spot, but I trust your opinion :)

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I could see Philly offering Noel for a top 5 pick and young player in this draft. 

Maybe a top ten pick, not a top 5.  His stock is falling, not climbing. He would have to show a lot of improvement to warrant that.

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I could see Philly offering Noel for a top 5 pick and young player in this draft. 

Maybe a top ten pick, not a top 5.  His stock is falling, not climbing. He would have to show a lot of improvement to warrant that.
it's still early.  if Noel can show improvement and that he can be the big man defender/rim protector a number of teams need, the market will be there.  the question is where those teams will be picking themselves. 

A team like the C's could use a solid defensive center but if they're in line to grab a center of equal quality or better, they'd just pick that player themselves.  however, if the C's surpass my expectations and end up with a pick in the 10-12 range, they may consider sending that pick and perhaps Young for Noel.

if that happens, Philly has MCW, Embiid, Okafor (or Towns), Young and a SF with the C's pick.  next year flip the lesser of Embiid/Okafor to another team that needs a center for a young PF and another top pick. 

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Okafor is now scared for his life

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 11:38:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Do Towns or Okafor have a jumpshot?  Or are they just going to be a better version of  the Pistons' Drummond / Monroe combo when combined with some combination of Noel and Embiid?
I think that is actually a good comparison feathered serpent.

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I think that is actually a good comparison feathered serpent.

I thought Towns had a decent outside game. Could be wrong, though. I still don't think he's mobile enough for the 4.

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I don't speak for 76ers

Like him in Boston.  He is gonna get better fast