Author Topic: This schedule sucks!  (Read 2931 times)

This schedule sucks!
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:40:47 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Play 1 game and have 4-5 days off? how is anyone supposed to get any momentum on this team?

I like when there's a game on every other night this time of yr. not this crap.

sorry had to vent.

Re: This schedule sucks!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
We will definitely have our turn.. The more space we have between out 82 games = more games with a full healthy roster... With Smart out.. I actually don't even mind it

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:06:22 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Play 1 game and have 4-5 days off? how is anyone supposed to get any momentum on this team?

I like when there's a game on every other night this time of yr. not this crap.

sorry had to vent.

+1...I agree. I think that continuity is really important for a fan-base. I also enjoy the spacing you suggest.

Waiting from Sunday to Friday sucks, especially after a loss.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:58:14 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Bummer there isn't a game tonight. 

Always like it when the C's play the night before Thanksgiving (aka biggest bar night of the year).

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 11:47:51 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
We will definitely have our turn.. The more space we have between out 82 games = more games with a full healthy roster... With Smart out.. I actually don't even mind it

How is that when we play the same number of games?  More rest now just means less rest later, you know, going into the playoffs, when teams are at their tiredest.

I too really enjoy the rhythm of 1 game every other night, mostly because it helps me remember if there's a game that night.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 01:15:02 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137

How is that when we play the same number of games?  More rest now just means less rest later, you know, going into the playoffs, when teams are at their tiredest.

I too really enjoy the rhythm of 1 game every other night, mostly because it helps me remember if there's a game that night.

I totally agree with you. At the same times Smarts hurt. The least amount of games he misses during his professional basketball transition, the better. That alone is enough for me.

Im assuming your more worried about resting players slightly hurt or fatigued at the end of the season since we are bound to have a deep run in the playoffs?

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I totally agree with you. At the same times Smarts hurt. The least amount of games he misses during his professional basketball transition, the better. That alone is enough for me.

Im assuming your more worried about resting players slightly hurt or fatigued at the end of the season since we are bound to have a deep run in the playoffs?

Not a deep run no, but I think we'll at least play, and we need all the help we can get

I agree with the Smart thing though.  Any time extra rest coincides with an injury, that's like gold (such as when Rondo had 3-4 days after getting his screw removed).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
I would like to think with the extra practice time we should see some improvement in ball movement and defense. Also hoping for some line-up changes.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Say what you will about the tenants the 2012 lockout, at least it's an ethos we had games every night.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Bummer there isn't a game tonight. 

Always like it when the C's play the night before Thanksgiving (aka biggest bar night of the year).

The Wizards play Cleveland tonight.
I am going to watch and cheer for Paul Pierce against Queen James.

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 07:44:08 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
As of today, we have now played the fewest games of any team in the league at 12! Most have played 14 to 16.
I think it is hard to play this sporadically, especially for young players who thrive on games, and generally hate to practice!  It helps with MS injury, but that's about it.  Generally frustrating for both players and fans alike!
The crazy thing is that, I believe, next week we play four games in six days!  What were the schedulers smokin' when they did this??!!
Talk about difficulty getting in a rhythm.

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I've been watching the C's for 20+ yrs now and I can't recall a schedule like this. not saying it hasn't happened... just don't recall.

it seemed like every yr. we would have a heavy amount of games in the 1st half and an amount like we're seeing now in the 2nd half of the season. I swear it's been like that every season I've been watching.

I was already having a hard time getting invested in these players and this team...but some nights I just need the torture.

ehh just one more reason to hate the NBA.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 09:40:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
this schedule is a joke.

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 02:38:45 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
From a medical point of view having less games earlier in the season is a good choice to prevent injuries since on the first games the players are still not in 100% rhythm. But too many games at the end of the season is also bad. Have to decrease the 82 games to around 70 or we're going to see too many injuries every season.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.