Author Topic: Just how good is Jimmy Butler?  (Read 1031 times)

Just how good is Jimmy Butler?
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:48:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He had 32 points tonight, but what really impressed me was, not only did he take a mere 13 shots, but he also shot 20 free throws (of which he made 18) :o.  Obviously, he's improved as a shooter and scorer, but tonight's line is definitely Pierce-like with his slashing ability (but no, I'm not comparing him to Pierce.  They're two very different players, but in terms of getting to the line, they're quite similar, imo).  The question is, though, is he only playing this way because it's a contract year, like Jeff Green appears to be doing, or has he become an elite player now?  His stats have improved each season, but this is quite the quantum leap.  Thoughts?  Also, I think that gms should maybe start to consider that seniors can still improve once they make it to the league, instead of just dismissing them as 'finished products.'  Just look at Wesley Matthews, Butler, Henry Sims, and Chandler Parsons.  One first round pick (Butler), one second round pick (Parsons), and two undrafted players (Matthews and Sims) all taken in the past 5 years have become good to excellent players on good teams.  Well, except for Sims, although that's not his fault. 

Re: Just how good is Jimmy Butler?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I liked  his game from the start ....finding him like,Chicago did was,like winning the lottery .  His talent is top five lottery pick.

It seems nearly every year or so a person is a late bloomer or is overlooked and picked up at the end of the draft.  Like Paul Milsapp.

I guess that's why DA fiddles with a lot of the cast off guys , like Powell , hoping somebody is a late bloomer , or like Lowery ....a star that just takes a while to develop.

I'm hoping 19 year old James Young is a diamond in the ruff.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 12:11:11 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
He's played 40+ minutes in 8 of the 12 games he's appeared in this season.

The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long. Thibs is going to run him into the ground.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:19:17 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I liked  his game from the start ....finding him like,Chicago did was,like winning the lottery .  His talent is top five lottery pick.

It seems nearly every year or so a person is a late bloomer or is overlooked and picked up at the end of the draft.  Like Paul Milsapp.

I guess that's why DA fiddles with a lot of the cast off guys , like Powell , hoping somebody is a late bloomer , or like Lowery ....a star that just takes a while to develop.

I'm hoping 19 year old James Young is a diamond in the ruff.

+1

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:31:17 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long. Thibs is going to run him into the ground.

Thibs running players into the ground? Never!

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:31:43 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

+1 Loul Deng 2.0

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 12:51:07 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I was super impressed with Butler in the 1st game between the C's and the Bulls.  I think we should be looking for ways to pry him to the C's, probably not happening I know.