Author Topic: Beware possibly craziest fun trade idea yet?  (Read 2977 times)

Beware possibly craziest fun trade idea yet?
« on: November 25, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Okay thought I'd make a fun trade for all the "rim protector", "tank", "I hate rondo", "I hate Green", "Sully vs Olynyk there can only be one" guys this one is for you.

Celtics, Houston, Pistons trade

Celtics send: Rondo, Green, KO, Philly 1st*
Celtics get: Drummond, Jerebko, Anthony, filler, Det 1st, NO 1st, TE

Pistons send: Drummond, Jennings, Jerebko, Anthony, filler, 2015 1st
Pistons get:Rondo, Green, KO, Philly 1st*

Houston send: Asik TE, NO 1st
Houston gets:Jennings

I think looking at the lineups this trade works well.
Pistons: Rondo, KCP, Green, Smith, Monroe (with KO off the bench it's a playoff team)
Celtics: Smart, Bradley, Turner, Sully, Drummond ( top 3 likely pick now. Draft BPA)
Houston: Jennings, Harden, Ariza, Jones, Howard (Or Jennings could come off bench as 6th man)

Obviously C's do this if they plan on still rebuilding up more but no better rim protector now than Drummond. Maybe draft Mudiay and stick him at SG for future stars of
Smart, Mudiay, Young, Sully, Drummond.

Re: Beware possibly craziest fun trade idea yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Okay thought I'd make a fun trade for all the "rim protector", "tank", "I hate rondo", "I hate Green", "Sully vs Olynyk there can only be one" guys this one is for you.

Pistons: Rondo, KCP, Green, Smith, Monroe (with KO off the bench it's a playoff team)
Celtics: Smart, Bradley, Turner, Sully, Drummond ( top 3 likely pick now. Draft BPA)
Houston: Jennings, Harden, Ariza, Jones, Howard (Or Jennings could come off bench as 6th man)

Obviously C's do this if they plan on still rebuilding up more but no better rim protector now than Drummond. Maybe draft Mudiay and stick him at SG for future stars of

Pistons say "no" without hesitation. Drummond is one of the most untouchable players in the league.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:50:27 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
You were born in1984? Really? I thought it was 1999.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:54:20 PM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
Pistons would probably send out Josh Smith/Greg Monroe instead of Drummond.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 09:13:42 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Pistons say "no" without hesitation. Drummond is one of the most untouchable players in the league.

People say that but for the right package he should be trade-able not as if Drummond doesn't have a bunch of flaws. He isn't even at Howard or LA/MIA Shaq level and both those Centers have been traded. I'd think Rondo, Green and KO would be an ideal package because it fits needs gets them into playoffs. It also allows Monroe and Smith to slide to their natural positions getting more out of them.

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:16:36 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Very bad trade for Pistons. I don't like it for the Celtics either, doesn't really lead very far.

Edit: Sorry misread something lol
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

People say that but for the right package he should be trade-able not as if Drummond doesn't have a bunch of flaws. He isn't even at Howard or LA/MIA Shaq level and both those Centers have been traded. I'd think Rondo, Green and KO would be an ideal package because it fits needs gets them into playoffs. It also allows Monroe and Smith to slide to their natural positions getting more out of them.

Yeah, people act like Drummond is Anthony Davis or Cousins - he's not. If given the choice between Drummond or DeAndre Jordan, I may go with Jordan.

I understand that he is a young, up and coming center with real center skills, but he is also only averaging 8.7 ppg this year. He still has plenty of developing to do, but his offense is pretty woeful.

Before last year, there were many out there who thought that Monroe was untouchable and laughed at the idea of the Pistons trading him for Rondo. Now, after an average year and not having his option picked up, the Pistons would probably kill for that trade (even though Monroe would just use his no-trade clause).

To be honest, this is that point in a player's development that teams [more often than not] should cash in, as what they could receive in return for potential is about as much as they could receive if said player was an actual star - especially given the cost-controlled contract.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 09:50:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Yeah, people act like Drummond is Anthony Davis or Cousins - he's not. If given the choice between Drummond or DeAndre Jordan, I may go with Jordan.

I understand that he is a young, up and coming center with real center skills, but he is also only averaging 8.7 ppg this year. He still has plenty of developing to do, but his offense is pretty woeful.

Before last year, there were many out there who thought that Monroe was untouchable and laughed at the idea of the Pistons trading him for Rondo. Now, after an average year and not having his option picked up, the Pistons would probably kill for that trade (even though Monroe would just use his no-trade clause).

To be honest, this is that point in a player's development that teams [more often than not] should cash in, as what they could receive in return for potential is about as much as they could receive if said player was an actual star - especially given the cost-controlled contract.

You're undervaluing him being under his rookie contract. That type of player with that type of high potential/low contract simply doesn't get better. The funny thing is the trade also has THEM giving us 2 1st rd picks, while we give them a 2nd.

Rondo's soon to be 29, expiring, and hasn't exactly set the world on fire this season. He doesn't have as much value as some of his fans perceive him to have.

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

You're undervaluing him being under his rookie contract. That type of player with that type of high potential/low contract simply doesn't get better. The funny thing is the trade also has THEM giving us 2 1st rd picks, while we give them a 2nd.

Rondo's soon to be 29, expiring, and hasn't exactly set the world on fire this season. He doesn't have as much value as some of his fans perceive him to have.

The potential of KO on a rookie contract has to be considered then as well. The picks will be low first. The 2nds will be high.

Love was traded for Wiggins given his age, open desire to leave in FA from wolves and one* year left he still had a extreme amount of value. So Rondo should net a near All-Star prospect back. Add in Green and KO plus the fit for Det and I don't know why this possibility gets dismissed easily.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 11:25:02 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The fact is, the Pistons get MUCH better with this trade. They greatly improve their PG and SF spots and KO really helps balance out their big man rotation.

As a Celtic fan, I don't know how I feel giving up so much talent and not getting back a surefire perennial all-star. The picks are overrated as Det would suddenly become super-talented from top to bottom.

Then again, I am probably just overrating our own players.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 02:30:56 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
A couple of things:

Rondo won't stay in Detroit. If he's not in Boston look for him to move to one of the big markets. Pistons aren't giving up their best (and possibly only) player asset for a guy on an expiring deal.

Asik doesn't play for Houston any more. He was traded to New Orleans for a 1st round pick in the summer.

You also have some 1st rounders changing hands. That is pretty unlikely.

Houston is a terrible trade partner right now. They basically only want superstar caliber players, have role players to offer, and only one 1st rounder (2017). The problem with that 1st is that Howard and Harden are both signed through 2017 so it will likely be pretty low.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 03:04:03 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
A couple of things:

Rondo won't stay in Detroit. If he's not in Boston look for him to move to one of the big markets. Pistons aren't giving up their best (and possibly only) player asset for a guy on an expiring deal.

Asik doesn't play for Houston any more. He was traded to New Orleans for a 1st round pick in the summer.

Houston is a terrible trade partner right now. They basically only want superstar caliber players, have role players to offer, and only one 1st rounder (2017). The problem with that 1st is that Howard and Harden are both signed through 2017 so it will likely be pretty low.
Drummond is arguably their best player/asset and Rondo is expiring so that is risk I agree. Detroit is a big market.

NO 1st and Det 1st would be in the 20s. They aren't that valuable.

It's Asik TE, as in the trade exemption received from trading Asik.

Houston does not have any assets to get a super star sure the entire NBA knows this. They could get a decent support/6th man player using TE and NO 1st which is what Jennings is.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:45:05 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 04:12:48 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I'd also like to remind people Detroit hasn't won 40 or more games in a season since 07-08.
08-09,  39 wins
09-10, 27 wins
10-11, 30 wins
11-12, 25 wins
12-13, 29 wins
13-14, 29 wins

They should be open to a trade that gets them back into playoffs by now. Their rebuild has been stalled long enough by keeping old and young guys too long.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 08:02:50 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
A couple of things:

Lol