Author Topic: Is Roy Hibbert the most realistic Center option for the C's ?  (Read 10644 times)

Re: Is Roy Hibbert the most realistic Center option for the C's ?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If McGee is on your shopping list consider this:

Spin: A stress fracture in McGee's left tibia caused him to miss most of last season, and the issue appears to have resurfaced recently. While he's not dealing with another stress fracture, he's experiencing leg soreness and will likely miss at least a couple of games. With McGee out Tuesday, expect to see more of J.J. Hickson off the bench.

He's talented for sure, (supposedly not the sharpest tool in the shed), unfortunately, I don't think he's healthy, and may never be.
Buyer beware.

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Spin: A stress fracture in McGee's left tibia caused him to miss most of last season, and the issue appears to have resurfaced recently. While he's not dealing with another stress fracture, he's experiencing leg soreness and will likely miss at least a couple of games. With McGee out Tuesday, expect to see more of J.J. Hickson off the bench.

He's talented for sure, (supposedly not the sharpest tool in the shed), unfortunately, I don't think he's healthy, and may never be.
Buyer beware.

Everything I've heard about McGee is that it's his Basketball IQ that needs work, not his real life IQ.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Buyer beware.

Everything I've heard about McGee is that it's his Basketball IQ that needs work, not his real life IQ.
wouldn't touch Mcgee with a 10 foot pole.
He's an idiot and you don't win championships with idiots as your starting center.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2014, 05:40:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Depending on how you define idiot, the 2004 Pistons might disagree with you.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2014, 06:25:36 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Depending on how you define idiot, the 2004 Pistons might disagree with you.

"What?"

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2014, 06:00:24 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Realistic? No.

Ideal? Probably.

Well Put.  Ideally we do want a Hibbert type.  An elite defensive "rim protector" center.  Especially since any elite defensive center that we acquire, will be infinitely aided on the offensive end of the floor by Rondo.  But I think most realistic would have to be Greg Monroe, detroits front court experiment is soon to come to an end, and moose is the odd man out.