Author Topic: Is Roy Hibbert the most realistic Center option for the C's ?  (Read 10600 times)

Re: Is Roy Hibbert the most realistic Center option for the C's ?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 11:34:49 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
UGHHHH!!!!

People, get this through your heads, Hibbert is not going anywhere.  He's not a realistic option for any team after his play in last year's playoffs.  Come on, didn't any of you guys who are making all these threads actually watch the playoffs?  No team is going to trade for him given what Indy is asking (which is the same as before that).  Just like how no one was going to trade for Rondo after his injury given what we were asking (which was the same as before injury).  All the Hibbert trade ideas are just as annoying as the Rondo trade ideas.

Do you also judge Lebron James after his no show playoff series in the finals against Dallas??

That's not what he's saying, though -- he's saying that Hibbert's value is depressed based on last year's playoffs, while Indiana hasn't wavered on what they'd be willing to trade him for. Hence the Rondo comparison.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Why would Indiana trade a player at their lowest trade value during a season they aren't competitive? If anything they should keep Hibbert and give him minutes and touches so he increases his value.

Unfortunately for them the opposite just happened. Hibbert went down with an ankle injury and the Pacers went on the road to beat a very good team in the Mavericks.

The most realistic option for the C's at center is Tyler Zeller. The second most realistic option is a drafted center. There aren't a ton of teams itching to trade their productive and talented centers to us, even if said center is struggling.

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
He's one of the realistic options.  To go along with:

Jefferson
Horford
Pekovic
Lopez
Asik

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Why would Indiana trade a player at their lowest trade value during a season they aren't competitive? If anything they should keep Hibbert and give him minutes and touches so he increases his value.

Unfortunately for them the opposite just happened. Hibbert went down with an ankle injury and the Pacers went on the road to beat a very good team in the Mavericks.

The most realistic option for the C's at center is Tyler Zeller. The second most realistic option is a drafted center. There aren't a ton of teams itching to trade their productive and talented centers to us, even if said center is struggling.

I totally agree. Indy situation and his newest injury is killing his value. At the same time Centers are scarce and you pretty much know what your going to get from a healthy Hilbert.

I believe his value is pretty stagnant wether he's on the floor getting touches or not. Other than that so called horrible playoff run, Hilbert is one the top Centers in the league by default. The base trade value is there. Overall value?? to many contingencies to label as of now
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:17:52 PM by CelticsFanFromNYC »

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

So they can get something in case Hibbert bolts this offeseason. If the Pacers decided to give up on the season and rebuild, then Celtics are one of the teams with assets to acquire him.

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »

• Jayson Tatum

So they can get something in case Hibbert bolts this offeseason. If the Pacers decided to give up on the season and rebuild, then Celtics are one of the teams with assets to acquire him.

that too +1!!

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
He's one of the realistic options.  To go along with:

Jefferson
Horford
Pekovic
Lopez
Asik

I'd be fine with Asik or Lopez, then sign Gay and resign Rondo and Turner and you have the start to something.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 01:27:33 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
UGHHHH!!!!

People, get this through your heads, Hibbert is not going anywhere.  He's not a realistic option for any team after his play in last year's playoffs.  Come on, didn't any of you guys who are making all these threads actually watch the playoffs?  No team is going to trade for him given what Indy is asking (which is the same as before that).  Just like how no one was going to trade for Rondo after his injury given what we were asking (which was the same as before injury).  All the Hibbert trade ideas are just as annoying as the Rondo trade ideas.

Do you also judge Lebron James after his no show playoff series in the finals against Dallas??

Um, I guess did back then?  I considered him to be passive and possibly a choker after that series, so I probably wouldn't have considered him as good of a player as I did the year after when he took over and won, or say when he went out with that 40-41 scoring battle between him and Pierce (due to his horrible team, as opposed to vs. Dallas when he had two other top players in the league with him).

That said, just because I probably gave him less credit as a player after that series, that doesn't mean I still didn't think he was more valuable than everyone else in the league.  He wasn't a bad player in those playoffs.  He was an amazing player, just not a championship player.   Hibbert was a bad player.

That said (again) if Hibbert goes on to have a great playoff series this year then Hibbert's value would be much closer to Indy's asking price (even though that would go up too) and then a trade would be much more realistic.  Just like how a Rondo trade is more realistic now after teams have seen our first 12 games.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:34:03 PM by mgent »
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »

• Jayson Tatum
UGHHHH!!!!

Um, I guess did back then?  I considered him to be passive and possibly a choker after that series, so I probably wouldn't have considered him as good of a player as I did the year after when he took over and won, or say when he went out with that 40-41 scoring battle between him and Pierce (due to his horrible team, as opposed to vs. Dallas when he had two other top players in the league with him).

That said, just because I probably gave him less credit as a player after that series, that doesn't mean I still didn't think he was more valuable than everyone else in the league.  He wasn't a bad player in those playoffs.  He was an amazing player, just not a championship player.   Hibbert was a bad player.

+1 Sorry for the quick judgement..

Deffinetely respect your opinion.. Paul George's growth as a superstar has a lot to do with it imo.. Kid got a max deall and felt he had to carry the team.. Then after, Hill, George, and Stephenson started going shooting happy.

I loved when indy finished with a box score like:  Hill 13 pts, Stephenson, 15 , George 18, west 17, and Hilbert 16.. They really had that 04 Detroit chemistry with legit  bigs.. I have no cluee what happened

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
I don't see Indy trading Hibbert for picks + filler. They are not so "down" on their team, and they are arguably better than us, even without PG and West - who is coming back from injury.

Solid Centers are at a premium right now (seems like they always were).

The most realistic  options are to get a lower caliber young C who blossoms under our system

I am thinking:
John Henson (the bucks cannot hold on to him and Sanders, and he is NOT a PF)
Mozgov (the Nuggets have him and McGee, and cannot pay both without even making the playoffs)

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
UGHHHH!!!!

What if he hints that he wants out or will leave them, can't he sign elsewhere after this year? I don't think it's totally out of the question.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
It doesn't look like our next quality center is going to be anyone established unless Ainge massively overpays in a trade. Competent centers are so valuable and it's hard to pry them from teams. Ainge has to either trade/sign a big man not many teams think is good but turns out to be a gem or draft a C in next year's draft.

Hibbert and Gasol are not going anywhere. Jordan will either be re-upped or he'll sign with a team closer to contention. More realistic targets are guys like Sanders, McGee, Monroe, and Kanter: either disappointing guys who have not performed up to their big deals (Sanders/McGee) or disappointing guys (Monroe/Kanter) who the Celtics have a shot at outbidding other teams for in free agency. The key here is they're not going to get anybody who is more of a sure thing.

Sanders isn't being traded. Kidd has stated he sees so much potential on him.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
It doesn't look like our next quality center is going to be anyone established unless Ainge massively overpays in a trade. Competent centers are so valuable and it's hard to pry them from teams. Ainge has to either trade/sign a big man not many teams think is good but turns out to be a gem or draft a C in next year's draft.

Hibbert and Gasol are not going anywhere. Jordan will either be re-upped or he'll sign with a team closer to contention. More realistic targets are guys like Sanders, McGee, Monroe, and Kanter: either disappointing guys who have not performed up to their big deals (Sanders/McGee) or disappointing guys (Monroe/Kanter) who the Celtics have a shot at outbidding other teams for in free agency. The key here is they're not going to get anybody who is more of a sure thing.

Sanders isn't being traded. Kidd has stated he sees so much potential on him.

Exactly !

We either draft a Center, or we trade for a less established talent (i.e. Henson, Mozgov or other tier 2 talent)

We don't need an allstar Center. Just someone with length who can plug the hole we have in the paint, and catch lobs from Rondo....

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I don't see Indy trading Hibbert for picks + filler. They are not so "down" on their team, and they are arguably better than us, even without PG and West - who is coming back from injury.

Solid Centers are at a premium right now (seems like they always were).

The most realistic  options are to get a lower caliber young C who blossoms under our system

I am thinking:
John Henson (the bucks cannot hold on to him and Sanders, and he is NOT a PF)
Mozgov (the Nuggetos have him and McGee, and cannot pay both without even making the playoffs)

What joe green says is realistic

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I loved when indy finished with a box score like:  Hill 13 pts, Stephenson, 15 , George 18, west 17, and Hilbert 16.. They really had that 04 Detroit chemistry with legit  bigs.. I have no cluee what happened

+1...Good analogy with Detroit. Hadn't thought of that.

Why it went downhill was clubhouse chemistry becoming poisonous. It started with Granger getting traded to the '6ers for ET. And it WASN'T because of ET being disruptive. His only "crime" was that he was not Danny Granger. It was because Granger was the locker-room leader. George idolized Granger:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1968288-danny-granger-trade-upset-paul-george

George turned to his Instagram account on Thursday night, venting about the swap and how he'll miss Granger's presence:

"On a serious note upset day for me losing a big brother and mentor hate to see him leave us.. You helped me so far along the way big bro! Still one of my toughest match ups.. Nothing but love for you geezy!"

Granger and West were the veteran leaders of that team. With Granger gone, West alone could not contain much of the antics and immaturity of Sir Lance and "Catfish" George.

And this RUMOR, while unsubstantiated, along with Granger not being there would go a long way to explaining why that team imploded:

If you're a Pacers fan you've probably been wondering what's been up with Roy Hibbert's game lately. It seems that as a team, the Indiana Pacers have just stopped gelling. According to the Baller Mail below, the collapse of team unity may have a lot to do with Roy Hibbert finding out that team mate (and new father) Paul George has been sleeping with Hibbert's wife (or fianc?), Valerie Cooke. Yikes!

"Do you remember when Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner got into that fight?  It was all over Roy Hibbert and Paul George. Lance has been getting all the blame for the Pacers off nights and during that day at practice Lance says 'y'all need to look at Roy's ass, he's been off ever since he found out PG was f****** his b****'. That's when Evan got mad at him for exposing that in front of everybody and that sparked the fight. Roy just walked away without saying anything but ever since then it's been a bigger downfall in his performance on the court. I don't know for sure, but that might also be the connection to PG's house getting broken into because all of a sudden now he doesn't want investigators involved. Supposedly PG and Hibbert's wife have been carrying on through instagram for a while before they ended up having sex. She felt guilty and told Hibbert and that's how he found out originally. It's bad because PG and Hibbert were really friends."

Hibbert has even been quoted as saying that their are selfish people on his team, "Some selfish dudes in here," Hibbert told NBA.com. "Some selfish dudes. I'm tired of talking about it. We've been talking about it for a month." It definitely seems like he's talking about something personal, and not the game.
Paul George has got to get his act together. You would think after impregnating a Miami stripper that he would stop sticking his little ding dong in anything with a skirt....but nope! Hasn't learned his lesson. But your teammates wife, though? That's low sir!

Read more: http://www.balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/baller-mail-is-paul-george-sleeping-with-teammate-roy-hibbert-s#ixzz3KD5u374v

Again, just a rumor, but if true, I admire ET a lot more.

EDIT: And this too about George:

This is not the first time George has been rumoured to be involved in this kind of issue. Several months ago, the Pacers star was also reported to have impregnated a Miami stripper while dating Doc Rivers' daughter and falling prey to a catfish scandal.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/551377/20140507/pacers-nba-news.htm#.VHY_VDTF9W0

Class acts both George and Sir Lance.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:03:51 PM by csfansince60s »