Author Topic: Is Roy Hibbert the most realistic Center option for the C's ?  (Read 10598 times)

Is Roy Hibbert the most realistic Center option for the C's ?
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The more I think about , the more it makes sense for both Hibbert and the C's .

For C's
- He is a perfect complement to Sully and/or KO. Sully/KO make up for Hibbert's lack of rebounding and offense. Hibbert makes up for KO/Sully lack of interior defense .
- Rondo would make him better on offense by driving and dishing .
- Core of Rondo and Hibbert may be able to attract another star ( Melo, Love type)

For Hibbert
- Paul George health will be a question mark
- Supporting cast is diminishing with the loss of stephenson and West getting old .
- Gets to play with friend and old college teammate JG

I would rather sign him in free agency so we don't lose any assets , but could make sense to trade for him to gain his bird rights .

What would you be willing to give up for him ?

For Me....

Bos sends: KO , Thorton(exp), Bass (Exp), clips 2015 pick
Ind sends:  Hibbert

PG: Rondo       / Smart
SG: Bradley     / Turner
SF: JG             / Wallace
PF: Sully         /  ?
 C: Hibbert     /   Zellar

if we can sign him straight up

PG: Rondo        / Smart
SG: Bradley      / Turner
SF: JG              / Wallace
PF: Sully          / KO
 C: Hibbert      / Zellar

I think that is a potential 45 win team with a bunch of draft picks and trade chips to upgrade at SG or SF , maybe attracting Melo .

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:49:15 PM by rondohondo »

Re: Is Roy Hibbert the most realistic Center option for the C's ?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:00:35 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I still think this is the best scenario towards fixing our problem with rim protection. I can't see Hibbert staying in Indy even with George returning next year and we have the pieces to get him.

A line up of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, and Hibbert is easily a play off team in the East. And that core makes it an attractable option for a big fish player to want to come here. When that superstar get disgruntled, then we have the assets to make our move.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Realistic? No.

Ideal? Probably.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:39:01 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Marcus Smart, Wallace , and a pick.
For Roy Hibbert

Indy gets a true PG
Boston's solidifies its team in efforts of improvement for Rondo and an opportunity to attract one more star.

Bradley, Green, Bass, Olynyk and expiring Thornton could be used in separate packages to get a SG\SF to compete.
Ex. Gordon Hayward, Derozan, Waiters
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I think it's more likely they unload West to a contender and keep Hibbert to pair with George as the core going forward.

Love to have Hibbert. just don't see Bird letting him go.

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 06:46:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Good centers are prized.

Just look at all the controversy about Cousins .....especially on this Blog

I knew he'd come around .....the Kings refused to give him up ........and they were smart

Unless it is  Harden, James,  or such ......almost no player is important as your rim and paint protector .

That's why I would have traded What ever it takes to get a TOP rated center

Center is what you build around .....hogwash to smallball  ...rubbish

C will be NOTHING till a Serious center is found

Danny has a sack load of picks......

Will he pull the trigger and buy one

Or will he wait till the fans are calling ......

For his head to do something?

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 07:38:52 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Trade Rondo for a center.

Problem solved.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Problem solved.

and then you are looking at a 5 year rebuild , with no major free agent signing to play with a rebuilding team. I would rather try and trade for something to add to out top flight PG for the next 5 years . Then ,try to sign that go to guy who is attracted to a Hibbert/Rondo foundation .  Plus you still have crap loads of picks to trade for that 3rd star if need be .

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 08:04:01 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Problem solved.

and then you are looking at a 5 year rebuild , with no major free agent signing to play with a rebuilding team. I would rather try and trade for something to add to out top flight PG for the next 5 years . Then ,try to sign that go to guy who is attracted to a Hibbert/Rondo foundation .  Plus you still have crap loads of picks to trade for that 3rd star if need be .

Not signing Rondo gives us millions more to pay free agents.

Thanks for pointing that out.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 08:07:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Problem solved.

so we are going to overpay for middle of the road free agents like Greg Monroe ? Like I said no major free agent is going to sign here if our core is Smart,AB,Sully, KO

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 08:11:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Problem solved.

Cause free agents want to come to rebuilding situations lol..

You and triboy don't even make coherent arguments, you just bash Rondo without backing it up with facts... You just say trade Rondo and Chris Young should start over Bradley..  ::) ::)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Problem solved.

Cause free agents want to come to rebuilding situations lol..

You and triboy don't even make coherent arguments, you just bash Rondo without backing it up with facts... You just say trade Rondo and Chris Young should start over Bradley..  ::) ::)

I was against resigning Bradley or Rondo.

Neither are very good.

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
UGHHHH!!!!

People, get this through your heads, Hibbert is not going anywhere.  He's not a realistic option for any team after his play in last year's playoffs.  Come on, didn't any of you guys who are making all these threads actually watch the playoffs?  No team is going to trade for him given what Indy is asking (which is the same as before that).  Just like how no one was going to trade for Rondo after his injury given what we were asking (which was the same as before injury).  All the Hibbert trade ideas are just as annoying as the Rondo trade ideas. 
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
UGHHHH!!!!

People, get this through your heads, Hibbert is not going anywhere.  He's not a realistic option for any team after his play in last year's playoffs.  Come on, didn't any of you guys who are making all these threads actually watch the playoffs?  No team is going to trade for him given what Indy is asking (which is the same as before that).  Just like how no one was going to trade for Rondo after his injury given what we were asking (which was the same as before injury).  All the Hibbert trade ideas are just as annoying as the Rondo trade ideas.

Do you also judge Lebron James after his no show playoff series in the finals against Dallas??

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 11:26:29 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
It doesn't look like our next quality center is going to be anyone established unless Ainge massively overpays in a trade. Competent centers are so valuable and it's hard to pry them from teams. Ainge has to either trade/sign a big man not many teams think is good but turns out to be a gem or draft a C in next year's draft.

Hibbert and Gasol are not going anywhere. Jordan will either be re-upped or he'll sign with a team closer to contention. More realistic targets are guys like Sanders, McGee, Monroe, and Kanter: either disappointing guys who have not performed up to their big deals (Sanders/McGee) or disappointing guys (Monroe/Kanter) who the Celtics have a shot at outbidding other teams for in free agency. The key here is they're not going to get anybody who is more of a sure thing.