Author Topic: 3 way with indy and cleveland  (Read 3377 times)

3 way with indy and cleveland
« on: November 24, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
OK OK...i'm bored and C's need a center.....enter the 500000000006th Hibbert trade idea lol

BOS IN: Hibbert, Dion Waiters, Berndon Haywood(salary filler)
BOS OUT: Avery, KO, Wallace, picks

INDY IN: Wallace, KO, Tristan Thompson
INDY OUT: Hibbert, Scola

CLE IN: Avery, Scola
CLE OUT: Tristan and waiters

Why for Cleveland?: They ditch waiters, get a great 3 and D SG to pair with leQueen and kyrie and Scola is a vet. BIG that will give good depth at C and PF

Why for INDY: they get young and tank to get pieces while PG gets healthy. KO and tristan thompson are both good young quality PF's to pair with Towns...okafor..whomever. Depending on what pick(s) BOS throws in they could do very well

WHY for BOS: RIM PROTECTION!!! and no more Chucking Bradley. Yea waiters is amess but he as talent maybe rondo and brad can unlock him!...go to scorer??? lol

lineup:
rondo/pressey
Waiters/Smart/Thornton
Green/Turner/Young
Sully/Bass
Hib/Zeller

THEN as a bonus we get to keep Bass and actually need him :) lol
and waiters is magically scoring 20 a night lol

Re: 3 way with indy and cleveland
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not a bad deal
7 out of 10

I can see Thompson and KO for Hibbert but probably need first for Pacers to accept.

Cavs could use Scola and Bradley giving up Waiters may hurt but AB and Scola fit well.

C's would get the Center they need but give up some very good locked up pieces in KO and Bradley.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 01:28:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I don't think Avery and Scola is enough to give up Thompson and Waiters and especially Haywood's contract. That is a hugely valuable commodity for the Cavs. They can do much, much better. We'd have to throw at least a first at them and I don't think that package would get it done. And why would Indy take on Wallace's contract? We would have to throw at least a first, if not two to indy.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Yea Indy would need a pick or 2...i mentioned that....but not sure which ones or how many would be needed...like maybe a first rnd in this years drft for INDY.

As for the cavs...yes Haywood contract could be useful but not a ton its 2.2million and has 2 years left??.... AND IMO Scola is a better fit for the WIN NOW cavs than thompson....but even if u disagree Bradley is a much better fit than waiters. Waiters doesnt do Jack for them bc he doesnt fit their system. He is a more of a scorer and they have lebron, love, and kyrie for that....Avery will give great Def and shoots the 3 better...and is currently scoring more too.

In the end its a risked to put any investment into Dion Waiters but he does have potential and needs a fresh start for sure as he doesn't fit in with lebron and company.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 04:44:58 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
This is super interesting for a couple of reasons. First, both Hibbert and Thompson are (basically) expiring deals. If you're Indy do you want to pay Hibbert a max deal next summer? Is Thompson a better asset long-term? Will he demand a max deal? I'd imagine Thompson will get around $12M/yr for 4 years but that is a total guess considering the new TV deal.

I would move Hibbert if I were Indiana. This draft class is stacked with center prospects and if they can bring back a couple of talented guys in the process that would be ideal. I don't think an expiring Thompson and KO is a good enough haul but moving Hibbert and West should be the #1 priority for Indiana.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yea Indy would need a pick or 2...i mentioned that....but not sure which ones or how many would be needed...like maybe a first rnd in this years drft for INDY.

As for the cavs...yes Haywood contract could be useful but not a ton its 2.2million and has 2 years left??.... AND IMO Scola is a better fit for the WIN NOW cavs than thompson....but even if u disagree Bradley is a much better fit than waiters. Waiters doesnt do Jack for them bc he doesnt fit their system. He is a more of a scorer and they have lebron, love, and kyrie for that....Avery will give great Def and shoots the 3 better...and is currently scoring more too.

In the end its a risked to put any investment into Dion Waiters but he does have potential and needs a fresh start for sure as he doesn't fit in with lebron and company.

2.2 million this year. It jumps to an unguaranteed 10 million next year. Meaning the Cavs can trade for a big fish player making 10+ million a year if they so choose and the other team gets to waive him without penalty... Or a cap strapped team could trade for Haywood and save ten million. That's a pretty huge commodity.

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This is super interesting for a couple of reasons. First, both Hibbert and Thompson are (basically) expiring deals. If you're Indy do you want to pay Hibbert a max deal next summer? Is Thompson a better asset long-term? Will he demand a max deal? I'd imagine Thompson will get around $12M/yr for 4 years but that is a total guess considering the new TV deal.

I would move Hibbert if I were Indiana. This draft class is stacked with center prospects and if they can bring back a couple of talented guys in the process that would be ideal. I don't think an expiring Thompson and KO is a good enough haul but moving Hibbert and West should be the #1 priority for Indiana.
Isn't that an argument for the Celtics to just wait and draft a center rather than trading away assets?

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Love it.  Just think Gerald Wallace might be the reason Indy says no.  Why would they want him?

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
That is perhaps the worst trade I've seen for Cleveland.  I mean they might very well be giving up the two best players in the entire trade and are getting crap back.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 05:13:44 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
LOL HAHAHAHAHHA, yea ok that waiters and Thompson are the best players in the trade.  They would love scola next to lebron in a bosh type role and the defense that ab offers for the cavs is significantly more valuable then waiters offense.  Maybe a pick or two to make it more even but your bugging if you think cle is "giving up the best two players and getting crap back".
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:27:04 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Love it.  Just think Gerald Wallace might be the reason Indy says no.  Why would they want him?

Maybe giving them the expiring veteran in Bass would make it more palatable. they'd want two picks, though, I would think.

Pacers could then move West and complete the tank.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't care for Waiters.  I think he put up numbers on a bad team and has not helped them this year.  He can't D up either.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:26:14 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I don't think Avery and Scola is enough to give up Thompson and Waiters and especially Haywood's contract. That is a hugely valuable commodity for the Cavs. They can do much, much better. We'd have to throw at least a first at them and I don't think that package would get it done. And why would Indy take on Wallace's contract? We would have to throw at least a first, if not two to indy.
exactly and it's not even close...  There is no way Cleveland does it and I'm not sure Indy does.