Author Topic: Idea: Green. Sully or Oly, #1 for Smoove, Monroe  (Read 7069 times)

Re: Idea: Green. Sully or Oly, #1 for Smoove, Monroe
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Again, give one example of a guy giving up his bird rights when they want the max contract.
LeBron, Howard, and so on.

No.  Those players signed with other teams in free agency, but their original team had Bird rights during the free agency period, and thus were seen as viable competitors in the bidding process.  They didn't give up their Bird rights.  Bird rights are valuable, which is why players have a no-trade option automatically given to them in order to retain them.

110% correct
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
The way I got it was Monroe didnt like playing with Smith and did NOT want to play for the Pistons organization any more.  I got the impression he did not want detroit to offer a max deal as he would have been stuck there and wants out bad.  They have clearly misused him and have never embraced his full tallent level to the advantage of the team.

He has one of the highest plus minus numbers on the team daily. And when used as a facilitator in the high post his assist, offensive rebounds and wins follow. He is no rim protector but he has intangibles that would suit our teams philosophy well.

But I dont want Smith in the deal. 
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 06:49:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd rather keep Sully out of him and Oly.