Poll

Has Lebron ever taken steroids or Growth hormone.

Yes He Has.
30 (81.1%)
No, He has Not.
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Poll: Has Lebron ever Juiced.  (Read 5050 times)

Poll: Has Lebron ever Juiced.
« on: November 24, 2014, 12:39:40 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Wanted to see what the polls say. I say yes 99.99% sure. So many guys did it in My high school. Yes high School. He is a freak athlete no doubt, but you can always make a freak Freakier. I think Dwight has great genetics too and I think he's taken them before, not all the time.

Re: Poll: Has Lebron ever Juiced.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 12:55:10 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
You can get bigger and stronger with over the counter legal supplements or great diet. As a one time dedicated exercise junkie not once did I ever considered steroids given how often juicers get hurt. Seeing how durable LeBron has been doubt he was true juicer. Now hgh and supplements are more likely as athletes do go through a lot of wear and tear.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 01:05:02 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Not sure about steroids

Likely HGH, though
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 01:38:41 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I thought it was highly suspicious that he lost so much weight so quickly after last season.  It's not like he was carrying extra body fat, most of the weight was muscle.  And why would he want to make such a significant change when he was playing better than ever last season.

I think it continues to look suspicious now that he looks rather human this season.  He's still the best in the league, but he's not looking like an unstoppable force like he has the past few seasons.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 01:42:27 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Like I said in the other thread--I think LeBron's hair loss made him quit taking whatever "Supplement" (*cough HGH cough*) it was.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 01:59:44 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd doubt he has in the last 6-8 years.  International competitions actually do real testing, and NBA players on national teams are not remotely exempt from them.  Before then, maybe?  I mean, juicing is so nebulously defined, and there are a multitude of OTC supplements that could be considered juicing today that would not have been at the time of their availability 8-10 years ago.  For example, when he was in high school, he could have walked into his local GNC and picked up androstenedione off the shelf.   Even though it had been banned in the NBA since 2000, it wasn't declared an anabolic steroid until 2005 by the FDA.  If he did, would you count that as juicing?

Anyway, I don't think he uses any drug or hormone currently restricted or banned by the NBA.  He's a big dude, but college football coaches recruited him as a tight end, so people always thought his body would fill out like it has.  He's stayed remarkably healthy, but some guys just get lucky.  Jordan did.  Part of being transcendently great is staying healthy enough to maximize your abilities.  There's definite luck to it.  And maybe playing all those games in his 20s will catch up to him in his 30s, but he's ridiculously good at basketball, so I see him adapting as his physical superiority starts to decline.

As for the weight loss, the last two years in Miami he played 82% of his minutes at the power forward position.  This year he was joining a team with Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson, so obviously he's going to play the majority of his minutes at the 3.  I don't think we have to go down the conspiracy theory route to imagine he might want to train his body more for the speed and agility required of a wing than the strength required of a power forward.  The guy has 24/7 access to dietitians/nutritionists, personal chefs, and personal trainers.  I'm fairly sure he could drop 20 pounds to focus on improving his agility.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:13:51 AM by saltlover »

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 02:01:04 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
He has looked awfully human this year.... He still has his moments, but he does look like he's lost a step in some regards.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
Think he has used HGH during his time in the league, but then he won't be alone in that regard

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 07:44:17 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My guess is yes, but I also wouldn't be surprised if any of the Celtics are using.  I think that at least 30% of athletes across all major sports are probably juicing (or have tried it) to some degree.  The seasons are just too much of a grind, and the risk of getting caught (especially for HGH) is very low.

There's no reason for any sports fan to believe that baseball is the only sport where athletes are using illegal performance enhancers.  Rather, I think they're the only sport that cared enough to clean up their game. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 08:54:04 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Absolutely . 

Wade too.

But not anymore.

James doesn't seem the same .  Halfway though last year . Something happened .

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:01:11 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
My guess is yes, but I also wouldn't be surprised if any of the Celtics are using.  I think that at least 30% of athletes across all major sports are probably juicing (or have tried it) to some degree.  The seasons are just too much of a grind, and the risk of getting caught (especially for HGH) is very low.

There's no reason for any sports fan to believe that baseball is the only sport where athletes are using illegal performance enhancers.  Rather, I think they're the only sport that was forced to to clean up their game.

I edited it. Because a tell all book and government forced MLB to get it out, wasn't because they cared.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:33 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yes, of course, and why shouldn't he? It's a great way to stay in a healthy frame of mind.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 09:09:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Yes, of course, and why shouldn't he? It's a great way to stay in a healthy frame of mind.

Way too much carrot to like

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 09:10:58 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Carrots are delicious. (I don't own a juicer).

But seriously, here's two players who have been suspended by the NBA for steroids:

I don't think the eye test is a reasonable measurement.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 09:20:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Like I said in the other thread--I think LeBron's hair loss made him quit taking whatever "Supplement" (*cough HGH cough*) it was.

Shouldn't part of this "theory" involve looking up whether HGH promotes hair loss?  Even once?  Because I just did and  the vast majority of the evidence out there supports HGH actually creating hair regrowth.

As for the main question, it wouldn't surprise me, but again the definition of "PEDs" is constantly changing, and most people only have a vague sense of what does and doesn't qualify, so I'm not really sure.  It's very valid to note that he's passed multiple rigorous drug tests to play international ball, and never seemed to "shrink" during those offseasons like he did this year.  Hey, does that mean Marc Gasol was juicing too?  He's noticeably slimmer.