Author Topic: 3 Team Trade Idea BOS-CLE-MIL  (Read 2888 times)

3 Team Trade Idea BOS-CLE-MIL
« on: November 23, 2014, 09:52:20 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kqjj8td

tell me what you guys think? Decent trade? Do picks need to be involved?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: 3 Team Trade Idea BOS-CLE-MIL
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I think this is an interesting idea. A couple of things I'd mention, commentary not criticism.

Waiters:
Waiters is such a weird asset right now. I get the feeling everyone knows he's a talented player, but the last 2 seasons all of his crazy has been publicized enough that it's a trade off now. You get a young SG with obvious NBA talent...but you also very likely get JR Smith 2.0. What GM subjects his young team to that kind of mess? I don't want him on the C's and his personality is 100% the reason. Even the Bucks need to step back and measure that. They're essentially trading the potential of Henson for Waiters and expirings. I wouldn't make that deal unless a 1st round pick was involved. Even then I think twice.

Milwaukee:
A Sanders for Waiters swap doesn't seem terribly one-sided for the Bucks. If I have to have a knucklehead I guess I want him to be 7ft tall. Losing both Sanders and Henson for basically Waiters and expirings is a really bad trade for them. Even with a mid-1st rounder it's probably a bad deal for them.

Boston:
Would be a ok trade for us. Not sure it's a home run. First, we probably wouldn't want to pay Thompson with Sully on his rookie deal for at least 2 more seasons but Henson for KO is a good swap for us at this point. Henson is lanky but he'll continue to put on weight. He's still fairly young (23) so there is definitely still time for him. We might offer up a 1st to swap KO and Henson but it would have to be the Clippers which is #15 or #16 right now. I wouldn't trade KO+2015LAC for Hanson right now. Henson hasn't shown much growth since he was drafted and 1st round picks are just too valuable now, especially with contracts going up.

Cleveland:
They pass on this. Sanders is a huge knucklehead and it's tough to see this as an upgrade considering they lose Thompson and Waiters. Thompson to KO is a downgrade and Waiters for Sanders might make up that ground but there is no guarantee. They would be making this trade trying fix cohesion problems. That can be really treacherous.

Overall I think that Milwaukee gives up too much and Boston gets too much. If the Bucks get the 2015 LAC pick from us it makes some sense for them. As a Celtic fan I don't really want Waiters or Thompson, for roster fit reasons. Additionally I just don't want Waiters attitude. Dude is too sketchy to throw in a young locker room right now, at least in my opinion.

I think if I saw this thread on a random sports forum I'd be able to tell it was a Celtic fan posting :) Not that it's a bad idea, but it tilts toward us pretty significantly. If we give up the LAC pick it gets closer but it's not good enough for the other two teams.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:34:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Interesting but why do the Bucks do it? They get rid of both their project centers.

Like Sanders to Cleveland though.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:26:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
horrible deal for the Bucks.  not as big on Henson as others here.  Thompson either for that matter.  Meh deal for C's -- guess it's not bad considering the bottom line of 2 young prospects in exchange for 1 (and 2 guys who won't be here next year)

Cleveland wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 09:44:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think Cleveland GM is facing pressure to do something dramatic soon, lest they risk losing LeBron and/or Kevin Love after season.  Getting Sanders makes sense for them. But why would Milwaukee agree to trade both Sanders and Henson? No way.

There are no players available in a trade right now that interest me. 

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 11:15:15 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqdcaku

What do you guys think about this one?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 11:58:58 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqdcaku

What do you guys think about this one?

I love it for us!!!!  I would miss Oly, but we will have to give up something to get some true rim protection!!

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 12:54:31 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I like the idea on the "Free John Henson" thread. Thornton + Clippers first for Mayo + Henson.

Gotta keep the Jelly Sullynyk sandwich intact. How about add another layer and make it the Jelly Jenson Sullynyk sandwich? A delicious big man combination.

Sure. OJ Mayo is not an easy swallow. The sour attitude and the creamy fattiness just doesn't make for a good combination.

But Mayo has said before that he wants to tango to the beat of Rondo.

If he's still up for a dance, Brad Stevens's kitchen could be brewing up a pretty interesting season.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 04:56:53 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Why would mil agree to that

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Why would mil agree to that

exactly, it's a terrible trade for them...