Author Topic: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"  (Read 13434 times)

Re: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Green wants help or wants to be traded to a contender. 

I wonder what Danny is thinking now

Well he disputes those rumors tonight

"Before you start, I just want to clear the air about some B.S. rumor that came out," said Green. "I don’t know if the person who made this article is in this [media scrum], but the rumor about me wanting to get traded is definitely false. I said that I was frustrated with losing, not frustrated with the team. So if the words didn’t come from my mouth, I'd appreciate if you do not write a dumb--- article like that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4715866/jeff-green-trade-rumor-is-false

If your frustrated with losing, do something about it or ask for something to be done.   Stop complaining to nowhere Jeff

The logic expressed in this sort of sentiment boggles and all this seems so deja vu.

Right now, Green is averaging a little better than 18/5/2.   There are only about 4 other Small Forwards in the NBA that are averaging that (and one of them is Lebron).  So it seems he's at least doing what he can.

I remember Paul Pierce expressing similar frustration with losing back in the 05-07 era.   Just like now, what was the player supposed to say?  That he is NOT frustrated with losing?  Just like now, some folks seem compelled to come out the the indignant but utterly useless, "Well DO something about it!".

Ultimately, there is only so much any one player can "do about it".

Just like back then, the steps that will ultimately turn the corner for this team have to be taken by Danny - whether that involves trading Green or not - and those sort of steps aren't likely to happen in the immediate future.   Maybe closer to the trade deadline, but more likely in the summer.

The team had one of the, if not the toughest schedules to start the season and the idea that they would sneak through that gauntlet with a winning record would have to be considered pretty wishful thinking.  So people getting all righteously indignant over the performance of the team seams pretty ridiculous.    The've only gotten blown out in a few of their losses, so there are some positives there.

It is what it is.  There is still a lot of season left o play.

m5 always hits the nail on the head.

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2014, 06:20:42 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Right now Wallace is playing better than Green.

At least Wallace has some toughness.

I have to laugh when a post like this comes up.  That is absolutely 100% not true.  Wallace is a complete liability on offense.

Green's ppg, rpg, apg are all up from last year.  He is basically giving us the same production as we got from Paul Peirce from 2010-up to when he was traded to the Nets.  Just because people want him to be a super star and are mad that he isn't doesn't mean he isn't a useful player for us.  He is miles above Wallace as a player at this point.
yes at it is not close, wallace plays good defense but so does green, wallace does have a better handle on dribbling and passing i will give him that, anything offensive is green by a HUGE margin

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Green wants help or wants to be traded to a contender. 

I wonder what Danny is thinking now

Well he disputes those rumors tonight

"Before you start, I just want to clear the air about some B.S. rumor that came out," said Green. "I don’t know if the person who made this article is in this [media scrum], but the rumor about me wanting to get traded is definitely false. I said that I was frustrated with losing, not frustrated with the team. So if the words didn’t come from my mouth, I'd appreciate if you do not write a dumb--- article like that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4715866/jeff-green-trade-rumor-is-false

If your frustrated with losing, do something about it or ask for something to be done.   Stop complaining to nowhere Jeff

The logic expressed in this sort of sentiment boggles and all this seems so deja vu.

Right now, Green is averaging a little better than 18/5/2.   There are only about 4 other Small Forwards in the NBA that are averaging that (and one of them is Lebron).  So it seems he's at least doing what he can.

I remember Paul Pierce expressing similar frustration with losing back in the 05-07 era.   Just like now, what was the player supposed to say?  That he is NOT frustrated with losing?  Just like now, some folks seem compelled to come out the the indignant but utterly useless, "Well DO something about it!".

Ultimately, there is only so much any one player can "do about it".

Just like back then, the steps that will ultimately turn the corner for this team have to be taken by Danny - whether that involves trading Green or not - and those sort of steps aren't likely to happen in the immediate future.   Maybe closer to the trade deadline, but more likely in the summer.

The team had one of the, if not the toughest schedules to start the season and the idea that they would sneak through that gauntlet with a winning record would have to be considered pretty wishful thinking.  So people getting all righteously indignant over the performance of the team seams pretty ridiculous.    The've only gotten blown out in a few of their losses, so there are some positives there.

It is what it is.  There is still a lot of season left o play.

m5 always hits the nail on the head.

Yup, the bolded part is spot on.

There's no logical reason a fan would want Green to "ask for something to be done."  Even if they really wanted Green gone, making it known that he wants a trade will only decrease his value.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2014, 12:56:41 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I kinda like players when they speak up, speak their minds and express how they feel.

This aspect is one of the elements I can identify with.

I do not like players who keep quiet and "go with the motions". Politically correct terms, these are players classified as "the good soldiers".

The key, as far as Jeff Green is concerned, he should try and channel his frustration on the court, against the opposing teams (not in a violent way).

I don't know Jeff Green or Brad Stevens, but look from the outside in, I find these two are very nice people, "good guys".

Sometimes, on the court, there isn't room for the nice guys. Sometimes, "beast mode" is a necessary attribute.

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2014, 01:12:58 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Saying "I'm tired of losing" makes someone a competitor, not a complainer.

And from a guy who's been criticized in the past for not showing enough "fire" this seems like a positive development.

I've been a critic of JG in the past but I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2014, 11:31:52 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
So do something about it, #UncleSnoozeButton. Go win us a game.

He is doing something about it.

Winning us games?

He increased his rebounding and free throw rate this year, It may not win the Celtics many games, but Green should be one of the last people to be blamed.

He's improved. So if he's tired of losing, why not go out and make a play to win a game? Like, every once in a while? He's one of the only Cs who can create his own shot, he's a veteran, and he's their leading scorer.

If that's too much responsibility for him, then he shouldn't complain about it.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2014, 11:35:33 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Winning us games?

He increased his rebounding and free throw rate this year, It may not win the Celtics many games, but Green should be one of the last people to be blamed.

He's improved. So if he's tired of losing, why not go out and make a play to win a game? Like, every once in a while? He's one of the only Cs who can create his own shot, he's a veteran, and he's their leading scorer.

Imagine how much better NBA players would be if they all went out to make plays that would win games. This is a revolutionary way of thinking about sports.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Winning us games?

Imagine how much better NBA players would be if they all went out to make plays that would win games. This is a revolutionary way of thinking about sports.

Heck, imagine if they all "wanted to win badly enough".  Every game would end in a tie, they'd have to fold the league.

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I heard that when Michael Jordan dies they're going to cremate him and blend the ashes in with the league Gatorade so everyone will want to win that much harder.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.