Author Topic: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"  (Read 13418 times)

Re: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
So do something about it, #UncleSnoozeButton. Go win us a game.

He is doing something about it.

Winning us games?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Winning us games?

He increased his rebounding and free throw rate this year, It may not win the Celtics many games, but Green should be one of the last people to be blamed.

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Green, Bass, Olynyk for Lopez and AK47

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oe4vq5u

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Winning us games?

He increased his rebounding and free throw rate this year, It may not win the Celtics many games, but Green should be one of the last people to be blamed.

I have really disliked Green ever since we traded for him, however this year he has improved his play, just by being more aggressive. He's our best scorer by a pretty wide margin IMO, his problem has always been with a lack of desire, tendency to float.

So even when I see Green is having an off game, going 4-12 from the field I at least know hes active and engaged trying to be more of a solid #1b-2 scoring option. Good for him.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2014, 10:19:18 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Right now Wallace is playing better than Green.

At least Wallace has some toughness.

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2014, 10:29:43 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Green wants help or wants to be traded to a contender. 

I wonder what Danny is thinking now

Well he disputes those rumors tonight

"Before you start, I just want to clear the air about some B.S. rumor that came out," said Green. "I don’t know if the person who made this article is in this [media scrum], but the rumor about me wanting to get traded is definitely false. I said that I was frustrated with losing, not frustrated with the team. So if the words didn’t come from my mouth, I'd appreciate if you do not write a dumb--- article like that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4715866/jeff-green-trade-rumor-is-false

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2014, 10:34:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Dear Jeff Green.

Aren't we all

But .....you can actually do something

We can just daydream

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2014, 11:33:44 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Lol I try and not reply to anything triboyf posts. but lol jeff just crushed that rumor tonight.

again. Lol

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2014, 11:42:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

"Before you start, I just want to clear the air about some B.S. rumor that came out," said Green. "I don’t know if the person who made this article is in this [media scrum], but the rumor about me wanting to get traded is definitely false. I said that I was frustrated with losing, not frustrated with the team. So if the words didn’t come from my mouth, I'd appreciate if you do not write a dumb--- article like that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4715866/jeff-green-trade-rumor-is-false

If your frustrated with losing, do something about it or ask for something to be done.   Stop complaining to nowhere Jeff

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2014, 12:17:39 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The misquote probably came from the same set of ppl that WANT to see Jeff Green traded for a bag of chips.

Media needs to get it right.

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2014, 12:28:19 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
What I also find interesting is that the Jeff Clark article on the front page of the Blog has a League Exec stating that Jeff would be the "1st player to put around around the star you're trying to build around"...

A league executive told CSNNE.com on Saturday that the market for Green is as strong, "if not stronger", than it is for Rajon Rondo, who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer. "They're two totally different players and their roles with a team are different, too," he said. "But Green can do a lot of things to help just about any team, as long as you're not making him the guy you build around. Green's the guy you add to the guy you're trying to build around."

This isn't from some Jeff Green Fanboy (which I am), but from a League Exec which is a lot smarter than I.

People outside of BOS apparently value our players more than some of us do.

Thank God that Danny won't under-value our players.

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2014, 01:21:23 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Right now Wallace is playing better than Green.

At least Wallace has some toughness.

I have to laugh when a post like this comes up.  That is absolutely 100% not true.  Wallace is a complete liability on offense.

Green's ppg, rpg, apg are all up from last year.  He is basically giving us the same production as we got from Paul Peirce from 2010-up to when he was traded to the Nets.  Just because people want him to be a super star and are mad that he isn't doesn't mean he isn't a useful player for us.  He is miles above Wallace as a player at this point.

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2014, 01:23:39 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

If your frustrated with losing, do something about it or ask for something to be done.   Stop complaining to nowhere Jeff

So Green can't say he is frustrated with losing?  Just because your crazy theory got proved wrong, now Green is complaining to nowhere?  Cmon grow up.

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2014, 07:42:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

So Green can't say he is frustrated with losing?  Just because your crazy theory got proved wrong, now Green is complaining to nowhere?  Cmon grow up.

Ok dad i will. Btw complaining to nowhere does nothing for this young team.

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2014, 10:24:41 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

The logic expressed in this sort of sentiment boggles and all this seems so deja vu.

Right now, Green is averaging a little better than 18/5/2.   There are only about 4 other Small Forwards in the NBA that are averaging that (and one of them is Lebron).  So it seems he's at least doing what he can.

I remember Paul Pierce expressing similar frustration with losing back in the 05-07 era.   Just like now, what was the player supposed to say?  That he is NOT frustrated with losing?  Just like now, some folks seem compelled to come out the the indignant but utterly useless, "Well DO something about it!".

Ultimately, there is only so much any one player can "do about it".

Just like back then, the steps that will ultimately turn the corner for this team have to be taken by Danny - whether that involves trading Green or not - and those sort of steps aren't likely to happen in the immediate future.   Maybe closer to the trade deadline, but more likely in the summer.

The team had one of the, if not the toughest schedules to start the season and the idea that they would sneak through that gauntlet with a winning record would have to be considered pretty wishful thinking.  So people getting all righteously indignant over the performance of the team seams pretty ridiculous.    The've only gotten blown out in a few of their losses, so there are some positives there.

It is what it is.  There is still a lot of season left o play.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.