Author Topic: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"  (Read 13431 times)

Re: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 09:21:48 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
We are like the only team without a decent starting center in the nba

1.  Are we trying to tank or not?

2.  Go compare KO's stats at 23 to Marc Gasol's as a rookie at 24.  And the Grizz were 24-58 when Gasol was a rookie.

Mike

Doubt jelly ever becomes the defensive anchor Gasol is.

Gasol was very very good defensively back then, he just now is starting to have offensive arsenal and becoming s complete center.

No, he wasn't.  That's not debatable.  It's what the numbers say.  Gasol might have been more promising defensively but that's it.

And if he was so good, and having a defensive big is apparently all that matters, why were the Grizz still so awful?

Mike

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Gasol was not as soft.

Good for Green getting vocal not get on the court and take over a game and prove that talk is not cheap.

I senses the team giving up the first time last game.   I think we could easily "lose" this team.   Hence, I for one would not mind a trade.

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 11:45:04 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Gasol was not as soft.

Good for Green getting vocal not get on the court and take over a game and prove that talk is not cheap.

I senses the team giving up the first time last game.  I think we could easily "lose" this team.   Hence, I for one would not mind a trade.

One of the more common narratives parroted on this forum is the notion that Stevens' guys play hard for him. That assertion was seriously challenged last game. I, for one, think he's in jearopdy of losing this team, and quick. Green's comments certainly don't help.

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2014, 12:15:12 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Gasol was not as soft.

And how many Grizz games did you watch when Gasol was a rookie?

As for Stevens, almost everybody gave him a pass last year based on his rep and being a rookie coach.  But continued 4th quarter implosions and lack of execution on defense are starting to look as much a coaching issue as a player problem.

Mike

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Gasol was not as soft.

And how many Grizz games did you watch when Gasol was a rookie?

As for Stevens, almost everybody gave him a pass last year based on his rep and being a rookie coach.  But continued 4th quarter implosions and lack of execution on defense are starting to look as much a coaching issue as a player problem.

Mike

Yup....I get the feeling Stevens is losing his grip on the team .  Stevens is not without fault .   In his defense .....got to have the horses......but his game coaching is not so great IMO .....maybe that will change .  But he has a hand in this failure of this team .

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 12:33:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Tired of losing Jeff.  Well then play better than 43fg% and 5rebs.

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
We are like the only team without a decent starting center in the nba

1.  Are we trying to tank or not?

2.  Go compare KO's stats at 23 to Marc Gasol's as a rookie at 24.  And the Grizz were 24-58 when Gasol was a rookie.

Mike

Doubt jelly ever becomes the defensive anchor Gasol is.

Gasol was very very good defensively back then, he just now is starting to have offensive arsenal and becoming s complete center.

No, he wasn't.  That's not debatable.  It's what the numbers say.  Gasol might have been more promising defensively but that's it.

And if he was so good, and having a defensive big is apparently all that matters, why were the Grizz still so awful?

Mike
Gasol is a good center, and  I have wished he was a Celtic. That being said, he is Not a superstar Center.  I would hope that our "center of the future" would have higher aspirations than to be as good as Gasol. I am quite sure that Gasol, himself, has higher aspirations...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 01:30:18 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Tired of losing Jeff.  Well then play better than 43fg% and 5rebs.

So how is a player that has improved his ppg, rpg, apg from last season the reason we aren't winning?  Yeah his fg% has dipped, mainly from not hitting the 3's at the rate he did last year.  But all his other numbers are up, he is probably the most consistent player on the roster right now.  Why do people expect him to average 25 / 10?  He isn't a superstar, he isn't even an all-star.

Green is giving us what we should expect from him this year, and I feel has as much of a right to be upset about losing as we the fans do.

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
So do something about it, #UncleSnoozeButton. Go win us a game.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
What would be the reaction if Green had been asked if he was frustrated and tired of losing and his response was simply "no"?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 02:50:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What would be the reaction if Green had been asked if he was frustrated and tired of losing and his response was simply "no"?

He has never really lost his "cool" before.   

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Very strange thread.  Jeff Green simply said he's frustrated with losing.   Do you think it's only Jeff Green that is frustrated with losing, or would you guess that every player on this team is frustrated with losing?   

Prior to the season many bloggers here were predicitng a terrible start for this season.  Why? Because they have a tough opening schedule and this is not a very good team.  Not very good teams tend to have not very good W-L records.   And not very good teams often lose badly to very good teams -- especially on the road.   Obviously they should trade Jeff Green (or anyone)  if DA can make the team better or set the team up better for the future.   

Jeff Green commenting that he's tired of losing has no bearing at all on the urgency to trade him.

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Green wants help or wants to be traded to a contender. 

I wonder what Danny is thinking now

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Green wants help or wants to be traded to a contender. 

Link?

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2014, 04:26:40 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
So do something about it, #UncleSnoozeButton. Go win us a game.

He is doing something about it.