Author Topic: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"  (Read 13417 times)

Re: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 01:26:11 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Heck, that Memphis Back-up Jon Leuer, Out-Played our entire team last night---it was awful---and he's only 6'-10".....Total Disgrace they way he worked over our so-called "BIGS".

It was a down night for everyone.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:30:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Heck, that Memphis Back-up Jon Leuer, Out-Played our entire team last night---it was awful---and he's only 6'-10".....Total Disgrace they way he worked over our so-called "BIGS".

how many times are we going to use this excuse?

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 01:34:21 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Maybe part of the problem is how our bigs are being coached.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 01:38:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
We are like the only team without a decent starting center in the nba

1.  Are we trying to tank or not?

2.  Go compare KO's stats at 23 to Marc Gasol's as a rookie at 24.  And the Grizz were 24-58 when Gasol was a rookie.

Mike

KO is not a center. He is a stretch 4.

We are not trying to tank. Teams that want to tank dont play like the Celts do.

If danny expects this team to turn it around sometime soon, he is dreaming.   Either get a center or worse get a guy able to deter shots like a Withey or lets do a proper rebuild.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 01:39:42 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Well, Jeff Green isn't what's wrong with this team...so, to trade him would be a mistake---I think maybe he telling Ainge to DO Something--and get us a Center---Ainge has Lots of Picks and players to work with---he's just sitting around with his thumb up his  ***....
Omer Asik would look great in the middle with this team, and Ainge could have had him for PP's Trade Exception.....Ainge has hung these players and Coach out to dry....I'm losing patience too.

I agree.  Didn't sullinger and his dad say Ainge promised the team will get a legit center? Zeller is not the answer.   A very good backup but we saw what Gasol did to him the other day. What Dhoward did.

If Ainge wants to keep Green and Rondo for the long term (he has said it a few times already) then get the team the length , above the rim or at least the center player it needs to have a chance to at least make the playoffs.

I would really like someone in the media grill him about what is happening today.  Ainge has said nothing really about this teams performance.  Like its not really his fault and rebuilding is not easy etc etc.

Didn't Ainge also tell Antoine's MOTHER that he wouldn't trade her son?  His word means nothing - not that he would divulge anything of import anyway as sort of a standard operating procedure among people in front offices across the league.

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 01:40:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Maybe part of the problem is how our bigs are being coached.

Mike

no. Pops can coach KO and Sullinger and they won't be able to protect the paint. 

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 01:53:20 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

2.  Go compare KO's stats at 23 to Marc Gasol's as a rookie at 24.  And the Grizz were 24-58 when Gasol was a rookie.

Mike

KO is not a center. He is a stretch 4.

We are not trying to tank. Teams that want to tank dont play like the Celts do.

If danny expects this team to turn it around sometime soon, he is dreaming.   Either get a center or worse get a guy able to deter shots like a Withey or lets do a proper rebuild.

Again, compare...oh, why am I wasting my time?

Mike

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 02:10:29 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Right now using one of the many 1sts we have , he could potentially get

Mozgov
Mcgee
Robin Lopez

Worse case Meyers Leonard or Jeff Withey.  Something.  Withey for example shouldn't cost more than a 2nd round pick . He barely plays on the Pelicans team.   Maybe he won't do much for us but i bet he will help with blocking some shots. Making guys think twice before driving in. A Withey and Sullinger length and bulk upfront combo could work out very nice . Bottom line is, at least try something like this.   If it doesn't work out you can tell people you tried. You can tell Jeff Green i tried, before trading him

Somebody, anybody, Bueller, Bueller... ;D  Besides, who wouldn't want Jeff Whitey lol? ;D  Oh Shaq, this is a classic haha ;D -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otEGbBsxMyM

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 02:45:10 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
What center is available? Also the time to trade is Green is not there yet.

I dont know if he's available but I'd try to throw most of the farm for Al Horford. Just put an offer there. You'd never know.

As for reachable Centers, Mosgov or Koufos. At worse they will be a decent back up in the long run, if it works, we get a decent to good Center. I think those two can be had without overpaying too much.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 02:47:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Right now using one of the many 1sts we have , he could potentially get

Mozgov
Mcgee
Robin Lopez

Worse case Meyers Leonard or Jeff Withey.  Something.  Withey for example shouldn't cost more than a 2nd round pick . He barely plays on the Pelicans team.   Maybe he won't do much for us but i bet he will help with blocking some shots. Making guys think twice before driving in. A Withey and Sullinger length and bulk upfront combo could work out very nice . Bottom line is, at least try something like this.   If it doesn't work out you can tell people you tried. You can tell Jeff Green i tried, before trading him

Somebody, anybody, Bueller, Bueller... ;D  Besides, who wouldn't want Jeff Whitey lol? ;D  Oh Shaq, this is a classic haha ;D -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otEGbBsxMyM

What a joker Shaq is.   

All kidding aside watch the clip below and tell me the Celts couldn't use Withey.  I wanted the Celts to draft him in the 2nd round a few years ago.  I think he can help. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLYAOcZTrXw 

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 03:13:41 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He's been trying to trade Green for two years.
No one wants him now that he'll opt out.
Maybe if a star goes down but he's going to opt out anyway...The reason he's playing so well is because it's a contract year for him.

Triboy don't worry so much. This is a structured tank. It's been planned this way to get us a center via the Draft or use that great pick from our bottom 6 finish to get a great center like Hibbert.  No need to waste assets on scrubs like mozgov. He's expiring too isn't he?
I know you were adamant that we were going to make the playoffs but there's just no point with our roster combination of inexperienced youngsters and mediocre veterans.
At least now we can set the future in stone after Rondo stays or goes.
If he stays, we've got cap room and assets to put other good players around him.
If he goes we've got picks and caproom to maneuver with.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 03:25:10 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
He's been trying to trade Green for two years.
No one wants him now that he'll opt out.
Maybe if a star goes down but he's going to opt out anyway...The reason he's playing so well is because it's a contract year for him.

How do you know that Danny was trying to trade Green and that noone wanted him?

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 03:26:06 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

how many times are we going to use this excuse?

Not an excuse, the team sucked last night no other way to put it.

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 09:06:46 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29

Mike

Doubt jelly ever becomes the defensive anchor Gasol is.

Gasol was very very good defensively back then, he just now is starting to have offensive arsenal and becoming s complete center.

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 09:07:42 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if green's tired of losing? he should look in a mirror and say to himself "i should score 30 a night instead of settling for 15".

kind of late in your career to have that look in the mirror moment jeff. thanks for wasting everyone's time though.