Author Topic: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"  (Read 13416 times)

Jeff Green "Tired of losing"
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:22:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/11012-jeff-green-s-frustration-evident-after-latest-defeat

At this rate i guess he won't pickup his option for next season

Danny should look into seeing who is interested in Green and trade him before you get less back trading him at the deadline.  Or get a center that this team desperately needs right now

To me at times Danny seems like he is expecting "magic" to happen instead of being pro active and get this team going at the right direction.  Sometimes you can't keep waiting , being patient, waiting for someone to overpay you to get things going. 

Trade Green, Rondo and lets do a proper rebuild  or add the pieces the team needs to get into the playoffs.   

Re: Jeff Green "Tired of losing"
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:27:30 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
What center is available? Also the time to trade is Green is not there yet.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:35:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Danny can get a center like Mozgov if he tried.  Yeah we might have to overpay a little but what is he waiting for? Is he going to keep all the picks? 

The time to trade Green is now if making the playoffs is not an immediate goal. His value is higher now than is going to be at the trade deadline. I don't see teams outbidding each other for Green's service. 

What is Danny's goal? does he want to make the playoffs? Does he know it is going to take a few seasons before this team is going to be playoff bound?? Or is he in a grey zone area where he is confused.   Losing Green and Rondo to FA  will be the worse thing that can do for this team moving fwd.   If he wants to keep them and see what they can do for the team in the playoffs, get the center you need to help this team. Get another vet scorer to provide a spark off the bench.  (two problems likely solved if he got Asik and Afflalo a few months ago)

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:35:59 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Well, Jeff Green isn't what's wrong with this team...so, to trade him would be a mistake---I think maybe he's telling Ainge to DO Something--and get us a Center---Ainge has Lots of Picks and players to work with---he's just sitting around with his thumb up his  ***....
Omer Asik would look great in the middle with this team, and Ainge could have had him for PP's Trade Exception.....Ainge has hung these players and Coach out to dry....I'm losing patience too.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 12:38:34 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Danny can get a center like Mozgov if he tried.  Yeah we might have to overpay a little but what is he waiting for? Is he going to keep all the picks? 

The time to trade Green is now if making the playoffs is not an immediate goal. His value is higher now than is going to be at the trade deadline. I don't see teams outbidding each other for Green's service. 

What is Danny's goal? does he want to make the playoffs? Does he know it is going to take a few seasons before this team is going to be playoff bound?? Or is he in a grey zone area where he is confused.   Losing Green and Rondo to FA  will be the worse thing that can do for this team moving fwd.   If he wants to keep them and see what they can do for the team in the playoffs, get the center you need to help this team. Get another vet scorer to provide a spark off the bench.  (two problems likely solved if he got Asik and Afflalo a few months ago)

Obviously, we're on the same page with this....haha.....we posted at the same time.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 12:40:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Well, Jeff Green isn't what's wrong with this team...so, to trade him would be a mistake---I think maybe he telling Ainge to DO Something--and get us a Center---Ainge has Lots of Picks and players to work with---he's just sitting around with his thumb up his  ***....
Omer Asik would look great in the middle with this team, and Ainge could have had him for PP's Trade Exception.....Ainge has hung these players and Coach out to dry....I'm losing patience too.

I agree.  Didn't sullinger and his dad say Ainge promised the team will get a legit center?  Zeller is not the answer.   A very good backup but we saw what Gasol did to him the other day. What Dhoward did.

If Ainge wants to keep Green and Rondo for the long term (he has said it a few times already) then get the team the length , above the rim or at least the center player it needs to have a chance to at least make the playoffs.

I would really like someone in the media grill him about what is happening today.  Ainge has said nothing really about this teams performance.  Like its not really his fault and rebuilding is not easy etc etc.   

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 12:48:26 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
somehow another trade Rondo thread is formed

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 12:49:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Right now using one of the many 1sts we have , he could potentially get

Mozgov
Mcgee
Robin Lopez

Worse case Meyers Leonard or Jeff Withey.  Something.  Withey for example shouldn't cost more than a 2nd round pick . He barely plays on the Pelicans team.   Maybe he won't do much for us but i bet he will help with blocking some shots. Making guys think twice before driving in. A Withey and Sullinger length and bulk upfront combo could work out very nice . Bottom line is, at least try something like this.   If it doesn't work out you can tell people you tried. You can tell Jeff Green i tried, before trading him

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 12:53:46 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/11012-jeff-green-s-frustration-evident-after-latest-defeat

At this rate i guess he won't pickup his option for next season

Danny should look into seeing who is interested in Green and trade him before you get less back trading him at the deadline.  Or get a center that this team desperately needs right now

To me at times Danny seems like he is expecting "magic" to happen instead of being pro active and get this team going at the right direction.  Sometimes you can't keep waiting , being patient, waiting for someone to overpay you to get things going. 

Trade Green, Rondo and lets do a proper rebuild  or add the pieces the team needs to get into the playoffs.   

THANK GOD! ;D  He's tired of losing?  Well, we're tired of watching him lol.  Why not do this to address our deficiency in the middle, as well as giving us yet another expiring contract.  I wish that we could move Bass to a contender, like the Grizzlies, because he deserves a ring, imo.  If only we'd done a sign and trade for him with Big Baby back in 2009.  Sigh.  Sorry, I know that he doesn't fit on this team, but I love the guy.  He's just a gamer.

Anyway, here's my trade machine thingy -

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m4tzncq

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 01:00:51 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think everyone needs to calm down about getting a center. yes we need a center but we need a star way more than anything right now. if that star ends up being a center then great, but I just think a star center is even more rare than a wing star.

guarantee if we got a center everyone would be crying that we need a star. 

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 01:07:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think everyone needs to calm down about getting a center. yes we need a center but we need a star way more than anything right now. if that star ends up being a center then great, but I just think a star center is even more rare than a wing star.

guarantee if we got a center everyone would be crying that we need a star.

maybe , maybe not.  Our defense at least should be better.  Teams will think twice before driving in like its nothing.

It will help this lineup have a chance to get somewhere this season

Also do you know how hard it is to get a legit star like a Aldridge or Durant?  It's hard. There is a better chance to become good the Spurs way.  They got two no name centers right now but even having one would help out our team. That's the kind of effort the Spurs gm has made to prevent his team from getting eaten alive around the paint, unlike Danny.  We are like the only team without a decent starting center in the nba

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 01:11:05 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Green is only going to leave if he has a problem with Stevens.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 01:13:11 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If Green is tired of losing, he should stop throwing up threes on the run and drive to the basket.

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 01:15:44 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
We are like the only team without a decent starting center in the nba

1.  Are we trying to tank or not?

2.  Go compare KO's stats at 23 to Marc Gasol's as a rookie at 24.  And the Grizz were 24-58 when Gasol was a rookie.

Mike

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 01:18:19 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Heck, that Memphis Back-up Jon Leuer, Out-Played our entire team last night---it was awful---and he's only 6'-10".....Total Disgrace they way he worked over our so-called "BIGS".