Author Topic: Would you want Javale McGee  (Read 4408 times)

Would you want Javale McGee
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
His minutes are at an alltime low so it seems that the Nuggets dont need him anymore. He's still only 26 and can jump out of the gym, though terrible on offense. A change of scenery is something that would be great for him, ala Tyson Chandler to Dallas/NY.

Would you want to trade for him? Who/what would you give up?
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Would you want Javale McGee
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:14:46 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:19:15 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o2v2bbl

lol easily a yes for Boston. But why would Denver want a useless C and a retiree SF? The only blatant hole i see on Denver's roster is a defensive wing player. So i think they'd only take Jeff Green - and yes, the trade machine works for it.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 08:26:43 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o2v2bbl

lol easily a yes for Boston. But why would Denver want a useless C and a retiree SF? The only blatant hole i see on Denver's roster is a defensive wing player. So i think they'd only take Jeff Green - and yes, the trade machine works for it.

we'll throw in Three 2nd round picks--!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 08:36:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not if I can help it.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 08:56:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
For the entertainment value alone, yes (sarcasm)! ;D  Now where do I sign? ;) ;D

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I would think if Denver were looking to move McGee, they'd want a salary dump. Bass/Faverani + maybe a future late 1st would make more sense.

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think this is too young a team for a knucklehead. Gotta have a plan to be very Belicheckian if he messes up.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I think this is too young a team for a knucklehead. Gotta have a plan to be very Belicheckian if he messes up.

I know our team is young but the young guys don't seem to be the type to fall in line with what McGee would do. I also think CBS could at least keep him in line enough with a little bit of head games (although it might be real from Stevens). He seems to know how to talk these guys.

If we can get him for cheap and he's healthy, I would do it. We can always send him on his way if it doesn't work, he's no make or break player.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I know our team is young but the young guys don't seem to be the type to fall in line with what McGee would do. I also think CBS could at least keep him in line enough with a little bit of head games (although it might be real from Stevens). He seems to know how to talk these guys.

If we can get him for cheap and he's healthy, I would do it. We can always send him on his way if it doesn't work, he's no make or break player.
I have faith in Smart, Rondo, and maybe Avery, but I think Sully and James Young....I'm just not sure there.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I have faith in Smart, Rondo, and maybe Avery, but I think Sully and James Young....I'm just not sure there.

I'm not worried about either of them but let's say I was, that's only 2 players. Even if he does become a problem we could ship him out. I don't think it's a big deal.

What does McGee do that's so bad anyway? I missed it. I mean, he may be immature but he's young enough that we can wait (or move on) if need be.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think this is too young a team for a knucklehead.
This is where I am with McGee too. Team has a hard enough job maintaining professional and good habits through these difficult seasons with a screw up like McGee getting the way.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 09:44:56 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
No way.  He plays dumb, hasn't shown any improvement, and he makes $12m next season.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
As long as Wallace is part of the deal.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.