Author Topic: Blazers (9-3) at Celtics (4-6) Game #12 11/23/14  (Read 25459 times)

Re: Blazers (9-3) at Celtics (4-6) Game #12 11/23/14
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2014, 08:15:26 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Seems like every game lately the Cs just hit a wall and tell themselves they can't win. Playing without confidence right now. Everything seems out of sync.
Perhaps we need a coach that can call a play, or a player that can make one...

For example, KO hasn't played well but how is he 0/3 while Avery and Sully are about 13/36?

Mike

Better defensive contribution I'd say.

Defense doesn't have anything to do with Avery getting 18 shots, especially when he misses 12 of them.  And it's not like Avery is creating much offense for himself.

Mike

Oh I thought you were talking about benching Oly for Bass when Bradley and Sullinger were ice cold.

« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2014, 08:17:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I admit I haven't watched this game, but how does KO play 27 minutes and have 0 points and only 3 shots?

Nobody passed him the ball. Rondo didn't even pass it to him more than three times the whole game

Was it another game the like Phx game where he just was awful?  He has been one of our hottest shooters lately.  He needs to take more shots to be effective.  If KO is shooting only 3 times the whole game, we might as well play Zellar and have the better D.

« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2014, 08:18:55 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Rondo with a bunch of selfish layups.

Needs more of this.   Rondo attacking the basket is our team's best offensive skill.

Forget that,  just jack up 3's

« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2014, 08:19:12 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Seems like every game lately the Cs just hit a wall and tell themselves they can't win. Playing without confidence right now. Everything seems out of sync.

For example, KO hasn't played well but how is he 0/3 while Avery and Sully are about 13/36?

Mike

Best question of all time.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2014, 08:19:32 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
I guess at least the Def effort seems like it was better.  Portland only scored 94. 
Bottom line I guess, we just aren't very good.  There will probably be a lot of 'close but not good enough games' here this year.

« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2014, 08:23:08 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

Defense doesn't have anything to do with Avery getting 18 shots, especially when he misses 12 of them.  And it's not like Avery is creating much offense for himself.

Mike

Oh I thought you were talking about benching Oly for Bass when Bradley and Sullinger were ice cold.

Nah.  I've got no problem benching any player who isn't playing well.  But it's like Love in Cleveland.  KO should be getting more than 3 shots.  Heck, Jeff Green needed more shots this game.  I mean, is this offense really designed to get Avery and Sully jump shots?

Mike

« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2014, 08:32:23 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Mike

Mike

Nah.  I've got no problem benching any player who isn't playing well.  But it's like Love in Cleveland.  KO should be getting more than 3 shots.  Heck, Jeff Green needed more shots this game.  I mean, is this offense really designed to get Avery and Sully jump shots?

Mike

Exactly.   Part of the reason for the early season good play was that KO was involved in the offense and was hitting outside shots / 3's and was able to be a mismatch on O.  If the team / stevens can't get that working again with KO starting, then maybe he should come off the bench like a lot of people are suggesting.

« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
BS is slowly losing it.   He has setup a culture where guys who play well should get the min to play

AB going 13-36 is unacceptable.    BS not instructing the team to pass it to KO more is unacceptable.   I mean KO is in the top 10 in shooting threes and you don't draw up 3 to 4 shots for him to shoot the three?

Marcus Thornton should of been out there late in the game also

« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would like to see Rondo shoot the ball more. There were too many possessions in the 4th were he wasn't even looking score. Only to pass. And the Blazers defense knew it. They were happy to let Sully and Co. fire away from three. That suited them down to a t.

Rondo is the best dribble penetrator on this team. The best at getting into the lane. He needs to take a couple more shots on those drives to keep defenses engaged on him.

Jason Kidd was taking 13-16 FGAs in his prime and scoring mid to high teens. Rondo only 9.8ppg coming into tonight's fixture.

This team has limited one-on-one players and is victim to offensive droughts. Rondo is best creator on the team. He needs to do more.

« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2014, 08:50:37 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
I would like to see Rondo shoot the ball more. There were too many possessions in the 4th were he wasn't even looking score. Only to pass. And the Blazers defense knew it. They were happy to let Sully and Co. fire away from three. That suited them down to a t.

Rondo is the best dribble penetrator on this team. The best at getting into the lane. He needs to take a couple more shots on those drives to keep defenses engaged on him.

Jason Kidd was taking 13-16 FGAs in his prime and scoring mid to high teens. Rondo only 9.8ppg coming into tonight's fixture.

This team has limited one-on-one players and is victim to offensive droughts. Rondo is best creator on the team. He needs to do more.

I have been thinking the same thing the last few games.  RR needs to get a few more shots as well.  Rondo is only averaging 9 shots a game, he needs to get back up to 11-12 shots a game at least.

« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I have been thinking the same thing the last few games.  RR needs to get a few more shots as well.  Rondo is only averaging 9 shots a game, he needs to get back up to 11-12 shots a game at least.

Rondo needs to take 12 + per game, KO 13+, Green 15, Sully 13+, AB 8 or less

« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
a so-so game by the celtics, though i was impressed by their hustle and effort during the late 4th quarter come back attempt.

still, they have a really poor defensive front line, lack a go-to scorer in the 4th quarter, have trouble beating good defenses from a half court offense, and, like tonight, too often have crappy execution.

this toxic mix of woes results in a number of games that appear close, but the team falters in the fourth quarter. most teams simply run their standard plays/sets regardless of opponent...until it is the 4th quarter and it is a close game. THEN they likely kick into high defensive gear and start specifically exploiting match ups. this is when the celtics fold their tent.

until ainge brings in better talent the celtics wont go very far.

but on a positive note, the clippers are sitting in 9th place in the west. maybe the celtics will get TWO lottery picks this year!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2014, 10:22:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The team did not quit this one.   

Kyle Korver Sullinger hit a clutch three but missed many more and was not shooting well in the fourth.   Our hero was  zero, but at least  he has the guts ( no pun intended) to take the money shots.  Today, he just missed more than he made down the stretch and missed layup was a key moment.  Shot selection by him was horrible and he is not particularly good at threes.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:28:07 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2014, 10:32:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This was a good effort anyway ......poor play at end .....Green should have driven to rim, made refs make call.....  I'll never get why the play with that much time is designed o draw a foul close in at rim.......oh well

I was ready to ring Stevens and Rondos neck after Memphis

So we lost again......major lottery pick straight ahead.