Author Topic: My Dream trade idea that i had last night :/  (Read 3776 times)

My Dream trade idea that i had last night :/
« on: November 22, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Last night I did nothing stupid, smoked nothing, went to bed at 10 o'clock, ate at applebees for dinner......BUT had a weird dream that we traded Sully and this year's pick for Hibbert.....AND i was excited bout it!

Woke up this morning in a frenzy and went straight here and realized that i had been dreaming! I love Sully but......... if a trade like that happened......id might be okay with it

have to look like this:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lyqst3q

BOS out: Sully, Wallace, Fav, BOS 2015 pick
BOS IN: Hibbert

INDY......tanks for towns? idk????????????????????

BOS Roster:

Rondo/Smart/pressy
Bradley/Thornton
Green/Turner/Young
KO/Bass/Powell
Hibbert/Zeller

I like it but would want to trade Bradley for a better SG...IDK how tho....id really love  to have Jimmy Butler...but that my friend's is a dream! lol

Rondo/Butler/Green/KO/Hibbert....... :D

Re: My Dream trade idea that i had last night :/
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
people will hate the details, but I think targeting Hibbert is an interesting idea.  He'd solve a major issue this team has right now.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 03:00:59 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Would absolutely never do this trade with sully involved.  Faverani and Wallace the Pacers would laugh at.  Don't like it.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 04:13:27 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'd do it.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I mean, I don't know if they take Wallace off our hands without another pick involved, but there could be something behind this. I don't think Indy will be title contenders even next year with PG back; there's just too many factors with PG's recovery, no scoring, West's age, etc. This is the perfect year for a tear down for them, because the draft is center-heavy.  If they got Towns, Okafor, or even WCS, that's a pretty good frontcourt for the future.  They might ask for Bradley, too, though.

We wouldn't be title contenders this year, but we'd be pretty good.
PG: Rondo, Smart
SG: Bradley, Thornton
SF: Green, Turner
PF: Olynyk, Bass
C: HIbbert, Zeller
That's a pretty good starting lineup, and a very good bench.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 04:38:05 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
people will hate the details, but I think targeting Hibbert is an interesting idea.  He'd solve a major issue this team has right now.

Overrated idea.  Hibbert would finally give us a decent Center, but he doesn't solve our issues defensively, nor does he give us a go to scorer.  He is an excellent one-on-one defender in the post, but our biggest need is a defensive anchor who is mobile and great at rotating/covering for everybody else.  Hibbert is probably the slowest player in the league.

Our second biggest need is someone who can limit penetration, especially in the pick and roll.  Hibbert is a bad pick and roll defender, he takes up a ton of space initially but as the play progresses, he falls so far behind the team is basically playing 4 on 5 (Indiana somewhat made up for that with the elite perimeter defense of Hill/Stephenson/George, but it was ultimately their demise in the playoffs).  Hibbert is definitely not going to solve major issues (ala KG).

And it's not like Sully is getting killed one on one by Centers, he's actually pretty decent.  Just a bad team defender.  Plus, even though Hibbert is much taller, he's not going to improve our rebounding any.  Simply not worth the price it would take to get him.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I mean, I don't know if they take Wallace off our hands without another pick involved, but there could be something behind this. I don't think Indy will be title contenders even next year with PG back; there's just too many factors with PG's recovery, no scoring, West's age, etc. This is the perfect year for a tear down for them, because the draft is center-heavy.  If they got Towns, Okafor, or even WCS, that's a pretty good frontcourt for the future.  They might ask for Bradley, too, though.

We wouldn't be title contenders this year, but we'd be pretty good.
PG: Rondo, Smart
SG: Bradley, Thornton
SF: Green, Turner
PF: Olynyk, Bass
C: HIbbert, Zeller
That's a pretty good starting lineup, and a very good bench.

I don't think they'd ask for bradley...really id swap sully and Hibbert straight up but need filler...Wallace (be a good expiring next year and is good at Tanking) and Fav still has potential if healthy...give him one more shot PLUS this years pick from us...which might be decent even after the trade.

Hibbert is not doing that well for INDY and needs a fresh start...with a PG that can get him the ball where he needs it..cough cough rondo..... and he would add great D....averaging almost 3 blocks a game......i think id rather trade KO than Sully for rebs but cant control ur dreams ;P

In the end it would get us 1 piece that we need but we would still need that scorer....BUT we still have assets left for sure.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 05:19:09 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
The Celtics are giving up a whopping 51 points in the paint. Good for most in the NBA. The Pacers are 4th in fewest. The Celtics give up the second most FG in the restricted area. The Pacers are tied for least. Opponents shoot 39% at the rim against Hibbert, best in the NBA. He's second in blocks too. What's amazing is that Indiana are posting a top 10 defensive efficiency with Hibbert and mostly bench players.

The Celtics perimeter defense isn't that bad, in comparison. But opponents slaughter us in the paint. Hibbert would help tremendously in that regard.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd do the trade because C's would be a playoff team but doubt Pacers would. Maybe if it was Olynyk instead of Sully it'd be good for the Pacers. Olynyk can play the 5 and is locked up a while. Hibbert is in opt year so his value isn't very high.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:28:07 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
If Bird trades Hibbert and gives up on this year, which is what that move would mean, West has to go maybe with Hibbert  or separately. No need to keep West if Hibbert goes.

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 08:00:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This is the perfect year for a tear down for them, because the draft is center-heavy.  If they got Towns, Okafor, or even WCS, that's a pretty good frontcourt for the future. 
why is going for a center in this year's draft a good idea for Indy (even more of a longshot than us to get it) and not a good idea for us?  makes no sense.

I'm not a pro-tanker but I really do see the C's with about the 5th worst record this year (or lower).  there will be a really good player in this draft when they pick.  most likely a big man. 

Hibbert does NOT make this team a playoff team.  would prefer to take our lumps for one more year, hit on a really good player in the draft and use next year's cap room to start the rebuild process in earnest. 

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 03:21:20 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I like Hibbert. I think he's a good center in a league without many. That said I don't want to give him a max deal. He has a player option this summer and he might use it. I don't want to be the team that makes that call. I certainly don't want to give up pieces (draft picks) to do it.

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 08:03:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I agree.

To save face and get out of the hot seat of not equipping the team with a core center to build around is getting old .   He can't keep putting it off diddling with guards and wings.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 08:58:36 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
No way would I do that deal.  Here are a couple really good reasons why I wouldn't trade Sully, Fav and a pick for Hibbert.

#1- Sully is 22 years old and already packing 16/9/3 per night.  High Bball IQ and an emerging PF in this league.  I'm not advocating for Sully to be a Celtics lifer...But in the event he is ever dealt, it needs to be part of a bigger trade for a better player then Hibbert.

#2- Very strong draft class for bigs.  Very strong Free agent class for Bigs.  No need to sacrifice assets for Hibbert when we can draft or sign a Center outright in the offseason and KEEP Sully and the 2015 clips 1st

I rest my case

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 01:07:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hibbert would finally give us a decent Center, but he doesn't solve our issues defensively, nor does he give us a go to scorer.  He is an excellent one-on-one defender in the post, but our biggest need is a defensive anchor who is mobile and great at rotating/covering for everybody else.  Hibbert is probably the slowest player in the league.

He gets 2.8 blocks per game, do you even watch the Pacers a lot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIVyhx8e-Jw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tci2skwpkU

He is not a bad help defender,   2nd in the league in blocked shots

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avgBlocks

Much better than anyone we have now.   I think he is a weak rebounder for his size but defense, he is not bad at.  Not to mention he has 37 blocks this year and we have 48 for the whole team.

I do not think he is a great center but to present him as a poor defender is disingenuous.

I do not think Larry would trade him for what we have to offer.   He is a nice match beside Sully but I do not think he would pair well with KO.