Author Topic: I just want Towns.  (Read 2260 times)

Re: I just want Towns.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 06:30:40 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I heard he is good but I don't think he can provide much needed rim protection. He is a good offensive center, but he lacks explosiveness to defend the post at high level. His size and potential is something to be desired though.

Same issue with Okafor. They are an average defender at best. The good news is they can still improve on a right program.

He's 6'11.5" in shoes with a 9'5" standing reach, a 36 inch vertical, and 250 lbs and just turned 19.  While not an elite athlete, he's not a bad athlete either.  Through 4 games, he's averaging 3 blocks in just 18 minutes.  I think he could provide solid rim protection.
Okafor is rated ahead of Towns by most experts, but Towns sounds like the perfect fit for the Celtics.

I think it has something to do with him playing along with Cauley-Stein. Kentucky's frontcourt is so big that not many opposing bigs can do against the Wildcat's twin towers.

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 06:33:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
what if i told you that there was a  6'11, 24 year old defensive center who averages 12 points and 12 rebounds and 2 blocks a game available for trade. This is his second year in the nba and no one is talking about him. we could get him for olynyk and the Cleveland 1st round pick. would you do it ?

don't believe me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbot-rwWnRc

I don't believe you.  Those are not Gorgui Dieng's averages. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 06:34:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
20 other teams will want Towns also. Celtics will need to get a top 3 pick to have a chance

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 06:36:07 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
After seeing this team play so far this season, I can't imagine we get low enough to get with Towns or Okafor. But I could see us playing the Pelicans/Sixers trade with us being the Sixers. Can move Rondo, or if they want youth and a contract Sully or Olynk plus our picks. Depends on who has the top 1-3 picks.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 06:37:53 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
what if i told you that there was a  6'11, 24 year old defensive center who averages 12 points and 12 rebounds and 2 blocks a game available for trade. This is his second year in the nba and no one is talking about him. we could get him for olynyk and the Cleveland 1st round pick. would you do it ?

don't believe me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbot-rwWnRc

I don't believe you.  Those are not Gorgui Dieng's averages.

Also, why would Minny do this unless they know something about him the rest of us don't. However, KO would fit for that team but I still think they'd want a better pick or maybe make us take on some contract.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If the Wolves could get Olynyk and a pick for Gorgui Dieng, they'd be the big winner in that trade.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 07:19:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Would Minnesota even want Olynyk?

They already have Thaddeus Young as their starting PF and they have Anthony Bennett as young prospect at backup PF.