Author Topic: I just want Towns.  (Read 2266 times)

I just want Towns.
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:30:19 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Guys,

I really enjoy watching the Cs this year, I'm enjoying it a little less at the moment without Smart out there...but it's been fun none the less. We always play hard, and that's the least you should expect from a NBA team.I never expected them to make a big jump, our roster is unbalanced and it's basically the same as it was last year. Rondo isn't a huge difference maker in terms of wins, due to his lack of shooting ability. As terrible as this sounds, I don't mind us having another bad year and if we get Karl Towns that would be the most ideal situation for this franchise.

We dont attract top tier talent via free agency, we need to draft. I really want to see Towns here, and it looks like whether the Cs are playing hard or not...we're going to be in the lottery next year.

Re: I just want Towns.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:51:46 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Agreed. Boston is a mid to bottom tiered destination for free agency. Towns looks like an awesome player who could very easily become a franchise player for the next 15 year.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
If you guys are interested,  look back in the forums I made a Karl Towns page with a lot of information.  Towns would be great on this team.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:59:38 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I just watched some highlights of Karl Towns' highlights from Kentucky's early season win against Grand Canyon.

The most interesting thing about the video was that the coach for GCU is "Thunder" Dan Majerle. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
He is not coming. Don't waste your time hoping.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 04:32:17 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'd love to get Towns as well, but he'll likely be among the first three picks.
Let's say we end up with the 10th pick and Philly or Detroit has the 2nd pick and don't want another center.  What would you be willing to give up to trade for him?  Would the 10th pick and the two Brooklyn picks be too much? 

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 04:36:41 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Let's say we end up with the 10th pick and Philly or Detroit has the 2nd pick and don't want another center.  What would you be willing to give up to trade for him?  Would the 10th pick and the two Brooklyn picks be too much?

Yes.

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 04:37:51 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I just want a true center
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 04:47:52 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
what if i told you that there was a  6'11, 24 year old defensive center who averages 12 points and 12 rebounds and 2 blocks a game available for trade. This is his second year in the nba and no one is talking about him. we could get him for olynyk and the Cleveland 1st round pick. would you do it ?

don't believe me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbot-rwWnRc
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 04:49:20 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

This is why Danny Ainge needs to do the right thing or step down and allow someone to be the tank commander.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Yes.

I know it's way to early to discuss this, but what would you be willing to give up and what do you think it would theoretically take? 

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I heard he is good but I don't think he can provide much needed rim protection. He is a good offensive center, but he lacks explosiveness to defend the post at high level. His size and potential is something to be desired though.

Same issue with Okafor. They are an average defender at best. The good news is they can still improve on a right program.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
what if i told you that there was a  6'11, 24 year old defensive center who averages 12 points and 12 rebounds and 2 blocks a game available for trade. This is his second year in the nba and no one is talking about him. we could get him for olynyk and the Cleveland 1st round pick. would you do it ?

don't believe me
I would do it.

Rondo Smart
Bradley Thornton
Green Turner
Sully Bass
Deing Zeller

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 05:59:51 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
I heard he is good but I don't think he can provide much needed rim protection. He is a good offensive center, but he lacks explosiveness to defend the post at high level. His size and potential is something to be desired though.

Same issue with Okafor. They are an average defender at best. The good news is they can still improve on a right program.

He's 6'11.5" in shoes with a 9'5" standing reach, a 36 inch vertical, and 250 lbs and just turned 19.  While not an elite athlete, he's not a bad athlete either.  Through 4 games, he's averaging 3 blocks in just 18 minutes.  I think he could provide solid rim protection.
Okafor is rated ahead of Towns by most experts, but Towns sounds like the perfect fit for the Celtics.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 06:24:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

don't believe me

What is your proof we could get him for that offer? I highly doubt it.