Author Topic: what happened to KO in 4th  (Read 2674 times)

what happened to KO in 4th
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:41:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
KO is in 2nd year and has had a two game slump that carried over into first half,give him credit he kept shooting and broke out in third but what happened in 4th was it memphis adjustment-sorry unable to watch game--

Re: what happened to KO in 4th
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 07:23:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Sully a, Green , KO are nice forwards .......they have no chance against the huge 7 foot 275 pd guys on most of the good team .....and most good teams other than Cav .....have TWO decent centers of massive size.

Danny has got to get off the small team kick and Spend the assets to,get a starting center or this funk will never end

Even Parker and Wiggins is no good without a huge Center to,control the paint.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:48:58 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Same thing that happened after he got hot in the third. The team stopped getting him the ball! ::)

This team is flat out stupid, when a guy gets hot give him the [dang] ball!

It drives me crazy, watching Pressey come in every night and chuck up shot after shot. This team continues to play to their weaknesses, giving the ball to the worse shooter on the floor continually.

Honestly it is hard to watch sometimes, KO needs to be more assertive and take every open shot he has.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
thanks-think you are right,young incomplete team and kelly is still adjusting,i quess the process can't be rushed-saw that dwight powell scored----looks like kevin love having his trouble-

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 09:36:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Memphis Adjustment?  He did well against their second string in the 3rd but in the 4th they put their starters in again and he was gone.

I thought he got very passive, when he should have tried to exert himself more.  I have always thought he was talented but soft.   He needs to keep working on his body to get more assertive and stronger.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:46:54 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I can't stress enough. KO should be a primary focal point on offense(or close to it), he should have at least 20-25 shot attempts a game. his defense is so bad, at least if he is forcing the guy he has to guard to play both ends of the court it minimizes his uselessness on the defensive end. if we're not doing this then there is no reason to play KO at all.

too many of the wrong guys shooting the ball or being asked to score on this team. I'm giving BS the benefit of the doubt that it's not by his design but the players on the court or the opposition dictating this...for now. but for 2 seasons with BS this has been an issue. a 3rd season? and it's not a trend...

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I haven't been happy with this.  I get that the defense is probably better but I feel like it can only be so good with say Zeller in.  I'd like to have Olynyk out there scoring.

The rotations don't seem to be consistent very much in this kind of way.  Where say Olynyk can sit that long.  I don't like it.

I know we are trying to build his confidence... or I would be at least.  I don't know how this can help.

I think he could have played well in more minutes.  Some are saying he was passive but I saw him take a few wide open threes and just miss.  Those go his way and we break it open.  Gasol wasn't playing him at all out to three.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 10:57:42 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Same thing that happened after he got hot in the third. The team stopped getting him the ball! ::)

It drives me crazy, watching Pressey come in every night and chuck up shot after shot. This team continues to play to their weaknesses, giving the ball to the worse shooter on the floor continually.

Honestly it is hard to watch sometimes, KO needs to be more assertive and take every open shot he has.

The Celtics made their run with Pressey in the game. Pressey and Olynyk have a good chemistry.

Pressey was a plus 2 last night. Rondo was a minus 19.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 10:59:56 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The lack of consistent aggressiveness offensively falls on Kelly himself.  Overall, I have been very pleased with what we've seen out of Kelly this season.  He's had enough moments where he has showcased his offense, and even taken over games for stretches of time, that we can say that the kid's got legitimate talent on that end of the floor.

However, he's only a sophomore, in his second year in the league.  So, the fact that he doesn't feel comfortable being the go-to guy for the duration of the game isn't all that surprising.  He's a team player, and I don't think he wants to step on toes.  It's almost as if he says to himself, "wow, I'm playing like a star right now.  I better tone it back before it falls apart.  I'll take what I've got right now."

Obviously, this is not the mentality we want out of a player as offensively talented as Olynyk, but I think with time, as his confidence continues to grow, he will increasingly start to feel more comfortable in his role as a primary offensive threat on this team.

I'm happy with his development thus far, and look forward to watching it continue. 

As far as his defense goes, I really think he's been put in an impossible situation for him to succeed.  He needs to be paired with a good interior defender, and not be counted on to be the team's last line of defense.  Nobody ever expected Kelly Olynyk to be a defensive presence in the paint as an NBA player.  It's simply not what he is.  This doesn't mean he can't be a very good power forward (or--dare I say it--small forward) in the league. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i've seen him several times get more aggressive on d only to get rookie fouls called on him-or do a good job on novinski only to get superstar calls against him-not easy playing d against west coast stars-another summer in gym along with defensive drills

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 12:11:33 PM »

Offline Bingbangbarros

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
i've seen him several times get more aggressive on d only to get rookie fouls called on him-or do a good job on novinski only to get superstar calls against him-not easy playing d against west coast stars-another summer in gym along with defensive drills

Exactly...For someone who is not very strong, long, or athletic, Kelly is already at a clear disadvantage. Of course he needs to improve on his positioning, angles, etc.  But it's ridiculous the way officials treat young big men. The same happened for Big Al and Perk while they were in Boston. He literally can't get away with anything. Ticky tacks all over the place. Drives me nuts! Every once in a while he'll pick up silly fouls LIKE EVERY BIG MAN but the bumps they call when he seems to be in proper position, or players jumping in to him need to stop. I'm a big fan of the no-call, I wish the NBA would let more go in general.

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 12:30:05 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Pressy seems to always get us back into games. Anyone else noticing this trend? Not sure if stats support it but seems to be the case via eye test.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 12:32:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Pressy seems to always get us back into games. Anyone else noticing this trend? Not sure if stats support it but seems to be the case via eye test.

Nope.

What I do notice is Pressey usually putting up bricks whenever he takes a shot.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

I gotta say, it was maddening watching Pressey take a few of those there's, only to miss badly. Olynyk was on the floor with him. Worst case scenario is that our best shooter on the floor takes a tough shot.
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 12:44:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

pressey has appeared in 7 games this season.

he has taken a total of 25 shots in those 7 games, averaging just over 3 shots per game.

please define "every game" and "chuck up shot after shot" for me.

it is one thing to dislike pressey's game, it is another to indulge in hyperbole.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva