Author Topic: Marcus Smart has been a big loss  (Read 11531 times)

Marcus Smart has been a big loss
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:43:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
His versatile defense , ability raise his game when things get ugly and leadership.

Hope he is back soon and glad we got to draft him

Re: Marcus Smart has been a big loss
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 12:46:12 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Big loss because it means we have to see Phil Pressey out there.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:56:10 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Pressey was a +2 tonight.

Rondo was a -19.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 01:13:05 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
After tonight's game...I am ready to see Rondo get traded...It seems that EVERY team we play, has a Point Guard who can actually shoot and make shots....Rondo for Irving would be perfect for both teams----Cavs need a Pass first PG for their Go To guys Love and LeBron....we need one who can score....we really do not have Go To guys.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 06:31:39 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
After tonight's game...I am ready to see Rondo get traded...It seems that EVERY team we play, has a Point Guard who can actually shoot and make shots....Rondo for Irving would be perfect for both teams----Cavs need a Pass first PG for their Go To guys Love and LeBron....we need one who can score....we really do not have Go To guys.
That'd be a massive overpay for the Cavs if they gave up Kyrie for Rondo

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 07:16:26 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
l

On 11/4 Kyrie Irving's Cavs played the Suns.  He was 3 for 17 (1-5 from 3), scored 9 points and had 1 rebound and was a -13.  Last night he was 0-6 from 3.

Rondo is 2 rebounds per game shy of averaging a triple-double. 

I am not saying I wouldn't trad Rondo for Irving -- I probably would because Irving is amazingly talented and is 22.  However, great players have bad games from time to time.  Rondo is not the problem in Boston.  Trade him  for the right package (obviously!), but the focus of thought, after each bad performance shouldn't be "Trade Rondo", "Trade Bradley", "Start Zeller (based on KO's bad night)", "Waive Turner"... 

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 07:38:17 AM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
One thing the Celtics are not missing is Smart's pitiful 3 point shooting, he really is a bad shooter as advertised.

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 08:25:52 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I've been thinking this all year. But I'm not sure a black hole can be called a Point Guard. I've watched Irving a good amount and he's a selfish ball hog.

And this is coming from a DUKE fan.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 08:33:31 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this team has way more wrong with it than missing it's back-up SG/PG.

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 09:23:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Certainly, but one can feel he adds toughness and determination.   The come backs ceased when he got hurt.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 10:06:57 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Certainly, but one can feel he adds toughness and determination.   The come backs ceased when he got hurt.

true, I guess. but the problems that lead to us having to make comebacks existed before Smart was drafted by this team. poor shot selection, small ball, AB being asked to be something he's not, etc.

the things Smart brings to the table will help but they don't remedy those issues. 

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Rondo............smh
every point guard so far, even the bench guys have killed him on offense.
Smart has the leadership skills, and the vision, can't wait to have him back
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 10:55:42 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Rondo was a -19.

Hey sweet more unnecessary Rondo hate based on one game using meaningless stats to try and prove a point. Thumbs up to that.

Rondo had a poor night against the best team in the league. It happens. Pressey's stellar "+2" resulted in an 0-4 night. Oh yeah.... And Pressey is shooting worse from the FIELD than Rondo is shooting from the free throw line. A pathetic 28% to be correct.

Next time you wanna try to bash Rondo for the sake of bashing him against a D-League guy lucky enough to have an injury put him on our roster, think again.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

overreaction much? I expected going in being destroyed by the Griz. They're the hottest team right now in the NBA and has the best record and we suck. What did you expect? Rebuilding phase #2, our team still sucks and that SHOULD be expected. Rondo doesn't need to be traded, he needs HELP. Get him a #1 guy and defensive center and even then we may still be looking at how to improve THAT roster with role players. This team is FAR from being done, if anything I would say this team is only 20% there.

We need a go-to-scorer and a defensive big. We have none of those. Jeff Green has improved and became more consistent than last year and his defense stepped up a notch but he isn't an elite player. Neither Sully, Kelly, or Bass are centers and Zeller is the only center we got. Kelly isn't a starter on a contender and neither is Bradley. Most of our bench won't even see playing time on regular playoff teams. Like Pressey. Do you think he will see minutes on a contending team. Rondo is not our problem.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

Rondo was a -19.

Hey sweet more unnecessary Rondo hate based on one game using meaningless stats to try and prove a point. Thumbs up to that.

Rondo had a poor night against the best team in the league. It happens. Pressey's stellar "+2" resulted in an 0-4 night. Oh yeah.... And Pressey is shooting worse from the FIELD than Rondo is shooting from the free throw line. A pathetic 28% to be correct.

Next time you wanna try to bash Rondo for the sake of bashing him against a D-League guy lucky enough to have an injury put him on our roster, think again.

this 100%