Author Topic: Rank the NBA's best three starting frontcourts (including and excluding SF)  (Read 2979 times)

Re: Rank the NBA's best three starting frontcourts (including and excluding SF)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
To go from the bottom up, Celtics are the worst frontcourt in the league mainly because the starting power forward and center take 3 pointers leaving no one to rebound their shanks. Never will you ever see Memphis's frontcourt taking 3's which means they are actually there to rebound, doesn't seem like a difficult concept.

Nonsense.

You're right - that really is nonsense. So apparently taking (and making) threes is the sole reason our front court is (in your opinion) the worst in the league. First off, I don't agree that they are the worst and if I did, I would at least comment on their defense.

I am typically not one to disrespect others' views, but I am pretty sure that comment was posted just to get people mad, not make a valid point.

I'd say Philly is the worst with Sims / Noel.
New York 2nd worst with Acy / Dalembert

Then it is buyer's choice = Utah, Boston, LAL ... maybe Phoenix?

Re: Rank the NBA's best three starting frontcourts (including and excluding SF)
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
SF included
San Antonio
Dallas
Sacramento

Honorable mention: Portland, Washington, Brooklyn

With KD healthy, OKC bumps Sacramento.

Cleveland next in line.

PF & C only
Memphis
LAC
Chicago

Honorable mention: NOP, OKC, Portland

Washington next in line.

Question for those who have watched NBA basketball longer than I have since I'm a youngster: Any particular player(s) from the pre-2000s that Marc Gasol reminds you of?
I'm confused why with KD healthy OKC bumps Sacramento when OKC with KD healthy is worse than Cleveland.  I mean Varejao >>> Adams.  Love > Ibaka (though this is very close given Ibaka is a much better defender).  James > Durant. 

I just don't get your reasoning on Cleveland at all (or pretty much everyone else that posted in this thread).  Cleveland has the best player in the game by a wide margin at SF.  They have a top 3 PF.  They have a very good all around player at center (not a rim protector or great offensive player, but the kind of guy that does all of the little things and is a pretty solid rebounder).  Frankly, I'd be hard pressed to not take them first given they have James and Golden State and Memphis are probably the only teams I'd even consider over them, but they both lack a dominant scorer which diminishes how much I'd like them. 

My darkhorse would be New Orleans with Davis, Asik, and Evans.  They are really doing nice things and are pretty [dang] young.  Houston with Howard, Jones, and Ariza could also cause teams fits (assuming Dwight is healthy). 

At the end of the day, I think I'm going Cleveland for SF, PF, and C, and I think I'd win a series with that lineup (assuming everyone was healthy). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip