Author Topic: When will the c's win their next game? What will their record be by New Years?  (Read 4293 times)

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We have a nice collection of mediocre players.

And every player we have has major flaws.

Rondo can't shoot.
Jeff Green is possibly the worst closeout defender.
Sullinger is a turtle when he cuts off the lane on D
Bradley has tunnel vision.
Turner tries to do too much and makes dumb plays.
Olynyk goes through awkward stretches of getting lost on defense.
Thornton only knows how to run plays that end with him shooting.
Pressey and Smart both can't shoot.
Zeller can be clunky with the ball.

How's that for your doom and gloom thread.  :o 

;)

TP you nailed it.

as for the next win, we can beat Chicago if they are still missing Rose and Gasol.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wins against Det, LAL, Phi, Min for 4-14 rest of the year. 8-21 overall.

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Hopefully not till April this team needs to catch Philly. Whenever they play Philly next they will win. Unless of course they commit to doing the right thing and dealing Rondo Thornton Bass Green etc for picks.

#justtankbaby

Offline nicknorman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
We get murdered by teams with big offensive player up front.......and then playing smaller squads with great guards ...we don't guard the paint ...no rim protection..

Team us just built awful

ha! that's why I've been saying for yr's. I don't understand Ainge's fascination with small/undersized players? or anyone's fascination with undersized players for that matter...

in the NBA height beats out small most of the time. this isn't basketball of yr's ago.

This team is supposed to play like a poor man's Spurs team. Obviously they are missing some key parts like a defensive minded big man (Duncan) and a versatile swingman (Leonard).

But they have the personnel now to create offense and actually lead the league in assists, which is a key aspect of the Spurs offense. All they need now is the defense to back it up, which is what Stevens is trying to nail down.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I say we steal one in Atl, if not then the Lakers. I say they finish out the year 6-12 with an overall record of 10-19 going into the new year.  Ugh this is going to be another long year :-\

Vs Portland   Nov 23                             L     
Vs Chi           Nov 28                             L   
Vs SA            Nov 30                             L     
@ atl             Dec 2                              W
vs det           Dec 3                               L
vs LA             Dec 5                              W
VS Wiz          Dec 7                               L
@  Wiz          Dec 8                               L
@ Char         Dec 10                             L
Vs NYK          Dec  12                            L
@ Phi            Dec 15                             W
Vs orl            Dec 17                             W
vs Min           Dec 19                             W
@ Mia            Dec 21                             L 
@ Orl             Dec 23                             L
Vs Brk           Dec 26                             W
@ Wiz           Dec 27                             L
Vs Sac           Dec 31                             L

Vs Portland   Nov 23                             L    check
Vs Chi           Nov 28                             L    check
Vs SA            Nov 30                             L    check        :P
@ atl             Dec 2                              W
vs det           Dec 3                               L
vs LA             Dec 5                              W
VS Wiz          Dec 7                               L
@  Wiz          Dec 8                               L
@ Char         Dec 10                             L
Vs NYK          Dec  12                            L
@ Phi            Dec 15                             W
Vs orl            Dec 17                             W
vs Min           Dec 19                             W
@ Mia            Dec 21                             L
@ Orl             Dec 23                             L
Vs Brk           Dec 26                             W
@ Wiz           Dec 27                             L
Vs Sac           Dec 31                             L

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
We get murdered by teams with big offensive player up front.......and then playing smaller squads with great guards ...we don't guard the paint ...no rim protection..

Team us just built awful

ha! that's why I've been saying for yr's. I don't understand Ainge's fascination with small/undersized players? or anyone's fascination with undersized players for that matter...

in the NBA height beats out small most of the time. this isn't basketball of yr's ago.

This team is supposed to play like a poor man's Spurs team. Obviously they are missing some key parts like a defensive minded big man (Duncan) and a versatile swingman (Leonard).

But they have the personnel now to create offense and actually lead the league in assists, which is a key aspect of the Spurs offense. All they need now is the defense to back it up, which is what Stevens is trying to nail down.
TP I think exactly the same. And this is why I disagree with people who think everyone is tradable on this team. If SAS is your model, you have at the very least to keep intact your core of young players. Playing together for a long time is key to success.

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
The Bulls are not playing well, Detroit and the Knicks stink, winning at Orlando and at Charlotte isn't impossible, Wade might not be back for Miami and Sacramento isn't quite a powerhouse yet.  So 10-19 could be 17-12.  More likely 13-16.

Mike
I agree that these are the games we might win, but assuming we will win all the games we can contest for is way too optimistic. I say, if we win half of the games sited above, it will be OK.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The Bulls are not playing well, Detroit and the Knicks stink, winning at Orlando and at Charlotte isn't impossible, Wade might not be back for Miami and Sacramento isn't quite a powerhouse yet.  So 10-19 could be 17-12.  More likely 13-16.

Mike
I agree that these are the games we might win, but assuming we will win all the games we can contest for is way too optimistic. I say, if we win half of the games sited above, it will be OK.

Here's the thing, though.

The only silver lining so far is that we've been competitive with really good teams only to lose at the end.  The hope being that it won't take that much in talent or experience to get over that hump and start winning those games.  The best evidence for that, though, is to start regularly beating at least the very terrible teams.  But what if that doesn't happen or, even worse, we see the same sort of implosions over and over again against awful opponents?

Mike

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
With or Without Rondo?

With Rondo we can only beat teams like the Magic, 76ers, Jazz, Bucks, Lakers. So when we face one of these teams next.