Author Topic: The Curse of Oak Island  (Read 22225 times)

Re: The Curse of Oak Island
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
All right, let's see what they find, or don't, as the case may be.

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

It's a fascinating story and I loved the first few episodes of this show, but if they actually find anything interesting, won't it be in the news months before the show airs?

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 10:19:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

It's a fascinating story and I loved the first few episodes of this show, but if they actually find anything interesting, won't it be in the news months before the show airs?

Hey, I completely agree, but maybe there's some kind of confidentiality agreement they've all chosen to abide by until they find anything (if they find anything).  Regardless, what a great episode - well, they last 20-25 minutes, anyway, and the preview for next week looks even better.  If nothing else, at least Dan Blankenship got the chance to see a possible corner of the vault before he passes away, because if there's anyone who deserves to find that booty (yargh! ;D), it's him.  I'm equally intrigued by the coin from the swamp with the Templar cross on it, and the guy who says that that stone with the message of, "forty feet below, two million pounds are buried," on it that somehow disappeared actually contains instructions for shutting off the flood tunnels.  AWESOME!!!  If only there was a Staples button to solve the whole thing, haha ;D.  I know, I'm a sucker for this stuff, lol.

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 11:54:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm waiting for an explanation as HOW people 500 years ago could tunnel the booby trap sea water tunnels from the SEA to the shaft 140 down to the treasure vault.

They had no,well drilling equipment ....how did they keep the booby trap fill tunnels from caving in over 400 years .   They had no length of metal pipe , no PVC , how did they drill these enormous  long booby trap fills.? ???

The construction by people with primitive tools ......did they even have shovels back then?  ....it seems someone was aware of technology or I formation not commonly know.

So yes , with 50 K workers you can do something massive, like the Romans or Egyptians,   I'm having trouble seeing a ship load of pirates having the tools , equipment, smarts , manpower , luck, technology or time to have made the gigantic hole required to install the treasure vault and all the other connect structures. 

I think maybe the Templars or a much smarter group built the trap and vault ,  possibly others hid their loot in the money pit over time . 

I think the results from the giant studies will be more fruitful. I have watched a couple cool you tube video about the giants discovered in Siberia .....seems logical they interbreed with the two other major species , Neanderthal and Modern man.

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2014, 12:04:58 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm waiting for an explanation as HOW people 500 years ago could tunnel the booby trap sea water tunnels from the SEA to the shaft 140 down to the treasure vault.

They had no,well drilling equipment ....how did they keep the booby trap fill tunnels from caving in over 400 years .   They had no length of metal pipe , no PVC , how did they drill these enormous  long booby trap fills.? ???

The construction by people with primitive tools ......did they even have shovels back then?  ....it seems someone was aware of technology or I formation not commonly know.

So yes , with 50 K workers you can do something massive, like the Romans or Egyptians,   I'm having trouble seeing a ship load of pirates having the tools , equipment, smarts , manpower , luck, technology or time to have made the gigantic hole required to install the treasure vault and all the other connect structures. 

I think maybe the Templars or a much smarter group built the trap and vault ,  possibly others hid their loot in the money pit over time . 

I think the results from the giant studies will be more fruitful. I have watched a couple cool you tube video about the giants discovered in Siberia .....seems logical they interbreed with the two other major species , Neanderthal and Modern man.

Well... it could have been someone named Mother Nature.  Sorry to be a party pooper.  I really do hope there is a more interesting explanation.

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
All right, so I'm thinking that it's going to be 30-35 minutes of recapping and narration crap again this evening before they get to anything of actual import/interest, but hopefully I'll be wrong.  I'm really interested in the guy who claims that the 90 foot stone contains instructions on how to shut off the flood tunnels, but I doubt that that theory will hold any water ;) ::) lol ;D.  And yes, I realize that I already mentioned that detail about the instructions on the stone.

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2014, 02:17:32 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Well, they did a lot more in this episode than usual, lol, and next week they're going to do the dye test.  About effing time ;D.  What takes these people so long?  Ugh.  Any of us would have had a better strategy for solving this mystery.

Also, corn as the way to plug the flood tunnels?  Hmm, interesting.  They definitely wouldn't have had many options at the time when it came to shutting those traps off, that's for sure.  Thoughts?

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I love the show and yes sometimes they seem stupid, not sure why they haven't been looking for the "money pit" the entire time.

I watch the History channel and H2 religiously hahhaha.

I used to as well, but not since they've been under new management.  There's a thread about the history channel somewhere on here where I, and many others, spelled out why the network now sucks, lol.  Even with the stuff that's interesting most of the time, like Ancient Aliens, you have to recognize that some of the theories on that show are more ridiculous than the guy with dat hair ;D, who looks like an Aztec God lol ;D.  He's the best part of the show, imo ;D.

Still love it.  :)

Search for Lost Giants is awesome too, I lived in Goshen for 5 years, the town was part of my school district. I never heard of the tunnel.

Giants program is pretty interesting too.    There is site in Mts ...of Urals I believe where Russians excavated huge skeletons from a remote burial ground .   Somewhere on youtube I watched the video.   Very intriguing .

Cool, TP! ;D  To what tunnel are you referring, though - the flood tunnel connected to the five box or finger drains in Smith's Cove, yargh ;) ;D? - because there are at least 3.

Now, to be fair, I haven't watched the show about the Giants, but that's one of those programs whose premise is just too much for me, lol.  It sounds like it's right up there with Jurassic Fight Club ::) ;D.  Insert facepalm here ;D.

On the Giants show, the premise may seem far fetched but when you see all the reports of these large human skeletons with double rows of teeth dug up threw the years it is pretty amazing.  There are stories from all over the US, Russia and Asia of 8-10 ft. humans with these massive jaws and two rows of teeth found buried in caves.   Actually, after searching it on the net, it is over the entire planet, from Carthage to England that these giants with two rows of teeth have been found.

Just do a google search on it and I think you'd find the premise isn't so far fetched after all.

Given our severe lack of 'rim protection' ::) (sorry, I just think that that's a stupid term, like 'job creator' ::)), Ainge should do some digging, both figuratively and literally, in order to find our center of the future (sarcasm).  Look into the hunt/search for Bigfoot, too (sarcasm) - we need all the help we can get ;D.  Perhaps he should just scour the woods and leave pieces of beef jerky everywhere - that way, no one will ever want to go to the basket against us for fear of messin' with Sasquatch (sarcasm). 

Of course, he won't be covered by Geico, for obvious reasons going back to their blatantly racist policies towards cavemen (and don't even get me started on why that show was cancelled, because anyone with half a brain knows that Geico paid lip service to equal coverage for cavemen by giving them their own program, only to pull it from the air after two weeks.  Coincidence?  I think not. (this entire passage is sarcastic, just for the official record lol ;D)),and Obamacare doesn't look promising, either, on the insurance front, so I don't know how we'll be able to get him the coverage, and hair removal, that he desperately needs (sarcasm) ;D.

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 11:18:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Well, they did a lot more in this episode than usual, lol, and next week they're going to do the dye test.  About effing time ;D.  What takes these people so long?  Ugh.  Any of us would have had a better strategy for solving this mystery.

Also, corn as the way to plug the flood tunnels?  Hmm, interesting.  They definitely wouldn't have had many options at the time when it came to shutting those traps off, that's for sure.  Thoughts?

You have wonder HOW far along this hunt really is......this all was filmed months ago.....last summer I guess......

So......wouldn't you think they would have made much more progress than we know?  And if they finally found something will the revealing be saved for TV show .....or never told ....and cause another conspiracy to evolve.

Most likely the swamp has already been drained , they ve plugged the flood tunnels and are going to dig this spring.

Just say n ...think they re way ahead of what were are just now learning.

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

You have wonder HOW far along this hunt really is......this all was filmed months ago.....last summer I guess......

So......wouldn't you think they would have made much more progress than we know?  And if they finally found something will the revealing be saved for TV show .....or never told ....and cause another conspiracy to evolve.

Most likely the swamp has already been drained , they ve plugged the flood tunnels and are going to dig this spring.

Just say n ...think they re way ahead of what were are just now learning.

Well obviously, lol, but I can only go by what I've seen on the program so far.  My guess is that, if they haven't found anything yet, they'll use the time in the winter to conduct more scans, etc., but maybe they'll do more than that - who knows?  I'm mainly interested in the dye test right now, as well as the swamp, and I'd like to see them find out if it's possible to shut off the flood tunnels with corn, but we'll see.  Maybe there are laundry chutes for that stuff, lol ;D.

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 10:33:36 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Well there's an hour of my life that I'll never get back.  Ugh.  Who's the genius who thought that using a yellow-green dye in the ocean would make it easy to see the entrances to the various box drains? 

Hey, look, we've got something!  Oh, never mind, it's just seaweed. ::)  Seriously?  There's a reason why the two previous dye tests were RED.  What is the matter with these people?

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 11:40:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I almost was though with the show ......until they pulled the wood out of the test bore , which could be the treasure vault discovered before .

I think ...if they were actually iNTO the vault by now......National Geographic , or some science group would have already reported it.

I just don't have any faith they will see the dig all the way to the vault though .

I would just bring in the Army Corp engineers and figure it out once and for all.

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2014, 12:10:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I almost was though with the show ......until they pulled the wood out of the test bore , which could be the treasure vault discovered before .

I think ...if they were actually iNTO the vault by now......National Geographic , or some science group would have already reported it.

I just don't have any faith they will see the dig all the way to the vault though .

I would just bring in the Army Corp engineers and figure it out once and for all.

The army corps of engineers would probably only serve to make things worse, lol ;D.  Just brief a couple of girl scouts on the whole mystery and they'll find everything over a weekend, at most ;D.

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 04:22:49 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
To me, the best part of the episode was when Marty and Alex were in a chapel in the south of France looking at a statue of john the baptist that included an ear of corn at the bottom of the sculpture, and the narrator said, "corn?  A large grain plant native to north america?" ::) 

You just want to scream at the TV, "we know what effing corn is you blowhole!"  Btw, the outside of said chapel in renne le chateau looked like the olive garden, lol ;D.

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Well there's another episode that was a complete waste of time.  Shocking, I know (sarcasm).  Sigh.