Author Topic: The Curse of Oak Island  (Read 22203 times)

Re: The Curse of Oak Island
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I love the show and yes sometimes they seem stupid, not sure why they haven't been looking for the "money pit" the entire time.

I watch the History channel and H2 religiously hahhaha.

I do to. 

I hate network TV .....it's on a 5 th grade IQ level ....spoon feed ....zero thought process required and one basic point of view

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 08:49:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Well you know Boston fans are bored , when the hot topic is Oak Island and Bucks rookie player.

Haha, nah brah ;) ;D.  I just kept forgetting to make this thread.  Who's the rookie from the Bucks to whom you're referring?  If it's the Greek Freak, he's in his second season this year. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:55:01 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Beat LA is the smiliest smiler I've ever seen.

As in I use too many emojis?  Haha, I just find that they help to convey tone.

Just an observation, I don't think you use too many or too few.  ;) ;D

:)

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I love the show and yes sometimes they seem stupid, not sure why they haven't been looking for the "money pit" the entire time.

I used to as well, but not since they've been under new management.  There's a thread about the history channel somewhere on here where I, and many others, spelled out why the network now sucks, lol.  Even with the stuff that's interesting most of the time, like Ancient Aliens, you have to recognize that some of the theories on that show are more ridiculous than the guy with dat hair ;D, who looks like an Aztec God lol ;D.  He's the best part of the show, imo ;D.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 02:57:26 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
You know, with all of the various theories of what's buried in the money pit, from Shakespeare, to pirate treasure, to priceless religious artifacts, maybe the whole thing is nothing more than the ultimate Pod Storage unit lol.  Let the storage wars begin haha.  Yargh ;) ;D

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 07:55:45 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
The Oak Island Money Pit is one of the best things ever. Modern engineers are clueless about it. There are many theories, but most of them are quite stupid. They usually center around names like Blackbeard, Sir Francis Drake, and William Shakespeare. Great to see someone else has a keen interest too.

So what do you think is down there, then?  The Shakespeare thing makes no sense to me, either, although I think the noble you meant to say was Sir Francis Bacon, instead of Drake, right, or am I wrong on that one?  Bacon is the one that keeps popping up, but I've never heard of Drake being involved on any of these programs.  It's very possible that pirates at least knew of it, although I sincerely doubt their ability to sustain an effort of that magnitude required to build the whole thing, just because, well, wouldn't they rather be plunderin' haha?  I don't think that they weren't smart enough to build something like the money pit, as these academics seem to suggest, because pirates were very smart, and they lived as free men on the sea at a time when the entire world was under the thumb of one monarch or another, and they were expert navigators and masters of military strategy, so I'm sure that they could have at least kidnapped an architect or engineer qualified enough to design and build such an elaborate and ingenious system for housing their treasure.  It's been at least 300 years, and no one has gotten to it yet.  These dudes are better than ADT lol.

I mean, it would be awesome if there were lost scrolls, documents, religious artifacts, and/or treasure down there, but I highly doubt that it's the Ark of the Covenant, especially because there is sufficient evidence to suggest that that particular item is in Ethiopia, but who knows.  I saw that on a show once where these priests take care of it in this church-hut thing, but people can't see it because of the radiation or something, but I digress. 

As for the scrolls and/or documents, even if they were preserved in mercury (and I have no idea how that works), by drilling through the cement and 7 inches of wood into the chest(s) where they reside that ultimately yielded that tiny piece of parchment, the hole that has been left has now undoubtedly let the ocean in, so everything is ruined.  The best we could hope for is that they're unreadable, but I doubt it.  Sigh.

Many thanks for the Leonard Nimoy movie, I've been looking for it everywhere! It's the one that initially got me interested in the money pit.

I've heard theories involving Francis Bacon AND Francis Drake. The Francis Bacon one was about William Shakespeare. The claim is that Bacon actually wrote all of Shakespeare's work but credited it to Shakespeare who was by several historical accounts was just a talentless average Joe - the box holds Bacon's original manuscripts. It's far fetched and there is no reasoning about how the manuscripts ended up in the hole on Oak Island.

Francis Drake collected shiploads of gold and silver from the Spanish in the Caribbean during the late 1500s. Theories have him burying it somewhere before returning to England.

Historians claim Blackbeard sailed through the area and a significant portion of is loot was never recovered. As you've said it's a long bow because he sailed with a bunch of bloodthirsty hacks and not engineers.

All the theories are just speculation and wild guessing. I haven't heard a sensible one yet. But, if you ask me, I think at the very bottom is a small handcrafted box. The logs in the shaft were all found at 10 foot intervals. We've all seen the Hoosiers scene where Gene Hackman measures the height of the rim as 10 feet. This means the box has something to do with basketball hoops. The very first excavation was abandoned at 30 feet, but Canada uses the metric system now which equates to nine meters. The number 30 is just a red herring, we need to consider the number nine. Every time someone dug deeper into the pit and they thought they found something it just collapsed in on itself and left people completely disheartened and miserable. So when you take a step back from the forest to see the trees the small handcrafted wooden box at the bottom of the oak island money pit obviously holds Rondo's jumpshot.

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 08:26:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Those .....IN SEARCH OF" films from the 70's were fantastic for their time.   

I don't see a bunch of pirates , in a hurry being able to think up or construct some puzzle and deep as the money pit.   How did they do all that under water digging back then,  know exact survey of under ground layout and dig exactly. The flood channel...how did they not have scuba gear and dig that.  Too elaborate for the tech of the time s.  If we can't get to the bottom , with pumps and diving gear , it's hard to believe they could have even constructed it.  Unless,they had help.

It this is real , not a modern hoax,  it took technology beyond the capability of pirates.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:32:20 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I used to as well, but not since they've been under new management.  There's a thread about the history channel somewhere on here where I, and many others, spelled out why the network now sucks, lol.  Even with the stuff that's interesting most of the time, like Ancient Aliens, you have to recognize that some of the theories on that show are more ridiculous than the guy with dat hair ;D, who looks like an Aztec God lol ;D.  He's the best part of the show, imo ;D.

Still love it.  :)

Search for Lost Giants is awesome too, I lived in Goshen for 5 years, the town was part of my school district. I never heard of the tunnel.

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Search for Lost Giants is awesome too, I lived in Goshen for 5 years, the town was part of my school district. I never heard of the tunnel.

Giants program is pretty interesting too.    There is site in Mts ...of Urals I believe where Russians excavated huge skeletons from a remote burial ground .   Somewhere on youtube I watched the video.   Very intriguing .

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 02:56:44 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
The Oak Island Money Pit is one of the best things ever. Modern engineers are clueless about it. There are many theories, but most of them are quite stupid. They usually center around names like Blackbeard, Sir Francis Drake, and William Shakespeare. Great to see someone else has a keen interest too.

So what do you think is down there, then?  The Shakespeare thing makes no sense to me, either, although I think the noble you meant to say was Sir Francis Bacon, instead of Drake, right, or am I wrong on that one?  Bacon is the one that keeps popping up, but I've never heard of Drake being involved on any of these programs.  It's very possible that pirates at least knew of it, although I sincerely doubt their ability to sustain an effort of that magnitude required to build the whole thing, just because, well, wouldn't they rather be plunderin' haha?  I don't think that they weren't smart enough to build something like the money pit, as these academics seem to suggest, because pirates were very smart, and they lived as free men on the sea at a time when the entire world was under the thumb of one monarch or another, and they were expert navigators and masters of military strategy, so I'm sure that they could have at least kidnapped an architect or engineer qualified enough to design and build such an elaborate and ingenious system for housing their treasure.  It's been at least 300 years, and no one has gotten to it yet.  These dudes are better than ADT lol.

I mean, it would be awesome if there were lost scrolls, documents, religious artifacts, and/or treasure down there, but I highly doubt that it's the Ark of the Covenant, especially because there is sufficient evidence to suggest that that particular item is in Ethiopia, but who knows.  I saw that on a show once where these priests take care of it in this church-hut thing, but people can't see it because of the radiation or something, but I digress. 

As for the scrolls and/or documents, even if they were preserved in mercury (and I have no idea how that works), by drilling through the cement and 7 inches of wood into the chest(s) where they reside that ultimately yielded that tiny piece of parchment, the hole that has been left has now undoubtedly let the ocean in, so everything is ruined.  The best we could hope for is that they're unreadable, but I doubt it.  Sigh.

Many thanks for the Leonard Nimoy movie, I've been looking for it everywhere! It's the one that initially got me interested in the money pit.

I've heard theories involving Francis Bacon AND Francis Drake. The Francis Bacon one was about William Shakespeare. The claim is that Bacon actually wrote all of Shakespeare's work but credited it to Shakespeare who was by several historical accounts was just a talentless average Joe - the box holds Bacon's original manuscripts. It's far fetched and there is no reasoning about how the manuscripts ended up in the hole on Oak Island.

Francis Drake collected shiploads of gold and silver from the Spanish in the Caribbean during the late 1500s. Theories have him burying it somewhere before returning to England.

Historians claim Blackbeard sailed through the area and a significant portion of is loot was never recovered. As you've said it's a long bow because he sailed with a bunch of bloodthirsty hacks and not engineers.

All the theories are just speculation and wild guessing. I haven't heard a sensible one yet. But, if you ask me, I think at the very bottom is a small handcrafted box. The logs in the shaft were all found at 10 foot intervals. We've all seen the Hoosiers scene where Gene Hackman measures the height of the rim as 10 feet. This means the box has something to do with basketball hoops. The very first excavation was abandoned at 30 feet, but Canada uses the metric system now which equates to nine meters. The number 30 is just a red herring, we need to consider the number nine. Every time someone dug deeper into the pit and they thought they found something it just collapsed in on itself and left people completely disheartened and miserable. So when you take a step back from the forest to see the trees the small handcrafted wooden box at the bottom of the oak island money pit obviously holds Rondo's jumpshot.

Haha, TP ;D.  I don't remember the name of the program where this was mentioned (but I think it's one of the one's I've posted here, or maybe not.  I've been watching a lot of this stuff over the past few days ;D), but one of them not only included Captain Kidd, but there was also a book concerning him that had a map in it with the exact coordinates of the money pit and other important markers, etc., iirc.  What's weird about that is that someone later came forward (probably the author) and said that they had made the whole map up, and yet, even if that's true, how could anyone possibly create such a map with such precision out of thin air?  I don't know, man, but it's weird.  They tested it out and everything, and it was dead on, so me thinks this author's got same 'splainin to do ;) ;D.

Btw, I had no idea that anything of Shakespeare's was actually missing, and honestly, I couldn't care less, haha.  If only all of his crap had been thrown down there - then none of us would have had to learn about Romeo and Juliet lol.  I'm sure you've seen this episode, but there's supposed to be something called the mercy point in the swamp that somehow pertains to Shakespeare, but I don't think they found much of anything.  Some Norwegian guy came on with that outlandish theory, lol.

The guy I really hate is Dave Blankenship.  He might not be stupid, but he comes off as an idiot who's only interested in drinking and finding gold.  It's just the stuff he says that makes me go, "yeah, okay," ::).  No wonder his dad couldn't find anything if Dave was his primary helper lol, and that other guy who worked with his father as well, who was once so frightened that he ran naked from his house on the island to swim back to the mainland with a book about advanced calculus and a copy of Elvis and Me, seems just a little odd lol.  Why was that story about skinny dipping included in the show - you know, besides to fill air time, lol? ;D  I just rewatched the episode where he went back to Smith's Cove and found coconut fibers at a location that he couldn't exactly recall because it had been YEARS since he'd been there :o.  Does no one ever write ANYTHING down on this island, lol? ;D  It's enough to make you want to put your head through a wall ;D.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:12:46 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 03:00:05 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Those .....IN SEARCH OF" films from the 70's were fantastic for their time.   

I don't see a bunch of pirates , in a hurry being able to think up or construct some puzzle and deep as the money pit.   How did they do all that under water digging back then,  know exact survey of under ground layout and dig exactly. The flood channel...how did they not have scuba gear and dig that.  Too elaborate for the tech of the time s.  If we can't get to the bottom , with pumps and diving gear , it's hard to believe they could have even constructed it.  Unless,they had help.

It this is real , not a modern hoax,  it took technology beyond the capability of pirates.

Yeah, I agree.  I have to think that the only thing on their minds would have been, "why is the rum gone?" ;) ;D

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 03:06:13 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Giants program is pretty interesting too.    There is site in Mts ...of Urals I believe where Russians excavated huge skeletons from a remote burial ground .   Somewhere on youtube I watched the video.   Very intriguing .

Cool, TP! ;D  To what tunnel are you referring, though - the flood tunnel connected to the five box or finger drains in Smith's Cove, yargh ;) ;D? - because there are at least 3.

Now, to be fair, I haven't watched the show about the Giants, but that's one of those programs whose premise is just too much for me, lol.  It sounds like it's right up there with Jurassic Fight Club ::) ;D.  Insert facepalm here ;D.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 07:57:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm probably going to miss tomorrow's so don't spoil it for me.  Lol, yeah, like they'll actually find anything ahaha.  The trailer is intriguing, though, as is the title of the episode - The Breakthrough. 

Still, between the constant recapping, horrible narration, and commercial breaks, there's probably only about 15-20 minutes of actual programming.  Narrator - A turd?  Found in the toilet?  Could it be from the guy who just exited the bathroom, or, could it be much, much, older?  And if so, who left it there, and why? ;) ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:40:18 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 09:02:03 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Cool, TP! ;D  To what tunnel are you referring, though - the flood tunnel connected to the five box or finger drains in Smith's Cove, yargh ;) ;D? - because there are at least 3.

Now, to be fair, I haven't watched the show about the Giants, but that's one of those programs whose premise is just too much for me, lol.  It sounds like it's right up there with Jurassic Fight Club ::) ;D.  Insert facepalm here ;D.

On the Giants show, the premise may seem far fetched but when you see all the reports of these large human skeletons with double rows of teeth dug up threw the years it is pretty amazing.  There are stories from all over the US, Russia and Asia of 8-10 ft. humans with these massive jaws and two rows of teeth found buried in caves.   Actually, after searching it on the net, it is over the entire planet, from Carthage to England that these giants with two rows of teeth have been found.

Just do a google search on it and I think you'd find the premise isn't so far fetched after all. 

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 11:10:53 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

On the Giants show, the premise may seem far fetched but when you see all the reports of these large human skeletons with double rows of teeth dug up threw the years it is pretty amazing.  There are stories from all over the US, Russia and Asia of 8-10 ft. humans with these massive jaws and two rows of teeth found buried in caves.   Actually, after searching it on the net, it is over the entire planet, from Carthage to England that these giants with two rows of teeth have been found.

Just do a google search on it and I think you'd find the premise isn't so far fetched after all.

Hmm, interesting.  I don't know if it's my cup of tea or what have you, but thanks for the info - TP.  You do understand my skepticism behind such programming, though, right?  Counting Cars?  WHAT? :o