Poll

Is Flip Saunders' Conservative approach to team management effective?

Yes, a GM should try to be stingy with the team's assests and avoid being a part of too many deals. (No dealing for the sake of dealing)
2 (33.3%)
No, a rebuilding team needs a GM that's open to exploring roster improvement through player movement. (If your not moving forward your moving backwards)
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Minnesota views Corey Brewer as "Too Valuable" to trade (Poll)  (Read 4266 times)

Re: Minnesota views Corey Brewer as "Too Valuable" to trade (Poll)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
looking at the 2 options in the poll:
- Yes, a GM should try to be stingy with the team's assests and avoid being a part of too many deals. (No dealing for the sake of dealing)
- No, a rebuilding team needs a GM that's open to exploring roster improvement through player movement. (If your not moving forward your moving backwards)

I'm not grasping the point and having a more difficult time understanding why No is leading by a 2-1 ratio.

If the 2 options are intended to be either "A GM should be prudent when trading" or "A GM needs to make trades for the sake of trading" I can't understand how the second option would garner any votes.  Seriously, who would think that the best GM just makes trades for the sake of trading.  then again, 90%+ of the trade proposals suggested here are trades just for the sake of trading so that might explain the poll results.

If I'm missing the point of the poll, could someone elaborate on what I'm missing?