Author Topic: Can you win a title with Chris Bosh as your best player?  (Read 4836 times)

Re: Can you win a title with Chris Bosh as your best player?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 12:47:32 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that, with a lineup of Bosh, Shawne Williams, Deng, Wade, and Cole, Miami is almost trying to emulate Brooklyn's approach in the second half of last season, when they went with a starting five of KG, Pierce, JJ, Shaun Livingston, and Deron Williams?

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 12:48:13 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Mods any chance you can change the name to "Stars to pair with Rondo?"

I think if the Knicks don't make any moves in the upcoming FA season, and they do okay, Melo may request a trade.

I feel like Melo was going to leave this year, but stayed cause of Phil. That was Dolan's saving grace.

I would like to see a team of Rondo, Melo and Smith team up. If we could pursue someone like Asik or Sanders this year, it would set us up for whatever roster needs.

Would love to see Pierce/KG come off the bench/vet min if we did so.

Isn't realistic but I have a team on 2K15 lol.

Rondo/Pressey(cheap.)
Martin/Young
Melo/Pierce
Smith/Garnett/Reggie Evans
Asik/Perkins/Joel Anthony

12-3 on HoF currently.

I think if we set out to contend next year, would love see Perkins/KG/Pierce and even Ray Allen back for vet mins. A bench is still important.

___

No.

Bosh reminds me of a less skilled and inferior shooting Dirk. Bosh doesn't have any post moves and doesn't have a patented go to move. Dirk? You could build and you still can right now. You would need microwave/spark plug players ahd a strong defensive team that has experience. Bosh can be a first option, but doesn't scream champion to me.
To answer your question...

This is dreaming, but Rondo/Melo/Bosh would be sweet. We'd have to give up Smart and Young and dig into our pick stash, but it'd be well worth it.

Would be tough. Always felt like Martin was unappreciated. His defense is bad, but his scoring makes up for it. Plus 3PA of over 4 and averaging 36% is pretty good.

Martin has legit size and can finish inside.

I don't see Riley trading Bosh till a year later. He doesn't want to admit Bosh max deal was a mistake.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that, with a lineup of Bosh, Shawne Williams, Deng, Wade, and Cole, Miami is almost trying to emulate Brooklyn's approach in the second half of last season, when they went with a starting five of KG, Pierce, JJ, Shaun Livingston, and Deron Williams?

Interesting.. Can kind of see that.

I think if the Knicks don't make any moves in the upcoming FA season, and they do okay, Melo may request a trade.

I feel like Melo was going to leave this year, but stayed cause of Phil. That was Dolan's saving grace.

I would like to see a team of Rondo, Melo and Smith team up. If we could pursue someone like Asik or Sanders this year, it would set us up for whatever roster needs.

Rondo/Pressey(cheap.)
Martin/Young
Melo/Pierce

12-3 on HoF currently.

I think if we set out to contend next year, would love see Perkins/KG/Pierce and even Ray Allen back for vet mins. A bench is still important.

___

No.

Bosh reminds me of a less skilled and inferior shooting Dirk. Bosh doesn't have any post moves and doesn't have a patented go to move. Dirk? You could build and you still can right now. You would need microwave/spark plug players ahd a strong defensive team that has experience. Bosh can be a first option, but doesn't scream champion to me.

This is dreaming, but Rondo/Melo/Bosh would be sweet. We'd have to give up Smart and Young and dig into our pick stash, but it'd be well worth it.

I'm not saying it's ridiculous, but depending on Rondo's extension, that might be around 70 mil on three players, who arguably still fall short of Cleveland and Chicago's roster.

With the cap's projected rise that's a lot less than it seems like right now. $70 million with an $80 million hard cap isn't much more limiting than when we spent like $55 million on the Big Three with a $67 million hard cap.

How much of a pay cut would Rondo take if Ainge told him he had a deal in place for a max guy this summer?

No less than 2 mil. Rondo has given us a hefty home town discount already... I can see him getting at least 15-17 mil.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 12:49:11 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Rondo/Pressey(cheap.)
Martin/Young
Melo/Pierce

12-3 on HoF currently.

___

No.

Would be tough. Always felt like Martin was unappreciated. His defense is bad, but his scoring makes up for it. Plus 3PA of over 4 and averaging 36% is pretty good.

I don't see Riley trading Bosh till a year later. He doesn't want to admit Bosh max deal was a mistake.

Definitely, I was more suggesting that, in an ideal world, we'd go for Bosh over the summer.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 12:52:19 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Rondo/Pressey(cheap.)
Martin/Young
Melo/Pierce

12-3 on HoF currently.

___

No.

Definitely, I was more suggesting that, in an ideal world, we'd go for Bosh over the summer.

Riley seems like a prideful man. Think he felt angered at Lebron's departure, and made a hasty move in the max extension. Just don't see the Heat doing it, unless they really get something great in return. What ideal lineup do you see us being able to do with Bosh?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 01:12:10 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Rondo/Pressey(cheap.)
Martin/Young
Melo/Pierce

12-3 on HoF currently.

___

No.

Riley seems like a prideful man. Think he felt angered at Lebron's departure, and made a hasty move in the max extension. Just don't see the Heat doing it, unless they really get something great in return. What ideal lineup do you see us being able to do with Bosh?

Have to think they'd consider it if they get bounced in the first or second round and Wade is another year older. Something like our pick this year (looking like a top 7 pick), a Brooklyn pick, Olynyk and salary filler would be pretty enticing for a team stuck in mediocrity and no assets to move up the ladder.

Then offer Smart, Young, another Brooklyn pick and salary filler for Melo next December. I actually don't think that offer would fetch Melo today mostly because the Knicks aren't ready to trade him but also because that package should look a lot better next year than it does now.

Rondo
Bradley
Melo
Sully
Bosh

We're left with LAC 2015 1st, PHI 2015 2nd, 2016 CLE 1st, 2016 PHI 2nd one of the BKN 1sts and our picks from 2016 on. With the LAC 1st and the PHI 2nd, rounding out a bench immediately won't be as hard. Take one of Mario Hezonja, Amida Bridah or Wayne Selden with the LAC pick and then one of Dakari Johnson or Chris Walker with the 2nd pick.

Then re-sign Bass, go after vets like Brandan Wright and Aaron Brooks (hoping they give us a slight discount to play with Rondo/Melo/Bosh), and you have yourself a strong second unit.

Theoretical sort of maybe I hope so 2015-16 Celts come January

Rondo/Brooks
Bradley/Selden
Melo/C. Walker
Sully/Bass
Bosh/B. Wright

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 02:52:55 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Rondo/Pressey(cheap.)
Martin/Young
Melo/Pierce

12-3 on HoF currently.

___

No.

Have to think they'd consider it if they get bounced in the first or second round and Wade is another year older. Something like our pick this year (looking like a top 7 pick), a Brooklyn pick, Olynyk and salary filler would be pretty enticing for a team stuck in mediocrity and no assets to move up the ladder.

Then offer Smart, Young, another Brooklyn pick and salary filler for Melo next December. I actually don't think that offer would fetch Melo today mostly because the Knicks aren't ready to trade him but also because that package should look a lot better next year than it does now.

Rondo
Bradley
Melo
Sully
Bosh

We're left with LAC 2015 1st, PHI 2015 2nd, 2016 CLE 1st, 2016 PHI 2nd one of the BKN 1sts and our picks from 2016 on. With the LAC 1st and the PHI 2nd, rounding out a bench immediately won't be as hard. Take one of Mario Hezonja, Amida Bridah or Wayne Selden with the LAC pick and then one of Dakari Johnson or Chris Walker with the 2nd pick.

Then re-sign Bass, go after vets like Brandan Wright and Aaron Brooks (hoping they give us a slight discount to play with Rondo/Melo/Bosh), and you have yourself a strong second unit.

Theoretical sort of maybe I hope so 2015-16 Celts come January

Rondo/Brooks
Bradley/Selden
Melo/C. Walker
Sully/Bass
Bosh/B. Wright

Aaron Brooks would have awesome to have on our 11-12 team, instead of Keyon Dooling, who, although he wasn't terrible and had his moments in the playoffs, was never the scorer, shooter, or passer that Brooks is.  It's interesting that not one team picked him up that year, because he would have been perfect as the starting point guard on the Pacers, which means that they wouldn't have had to trade for George Hill, which means that they could have taken Shumpert (as they had no place for Kawhi Leonard), which also means that this is sounding way too much like that Miller Lite commercial ;D.

Anyway, what's the deal with Brandan Wright?  Is he any good?  I know that he puts up good numbers, but is he a 4, because he only looks slightly bulkier than Giannis, quite honesty, lol, plus, I don't watch the Mavs play a lot.  Also, would you prefer a quick turnaround with a short window (again), or a longer rebuild that could ultimately yield a great team for the better part of a decade?  Personally, I prefer the latter, but if we could somehow merge the two it could work, like, if Smart becomes awesome sauce ;D by the end of the year, could we trade Bradley and get Joe Johnson (probably not in the same deal)?  Even if Sully keeps getting better, that would still leave us a center short of even being able to make some noise.  Meh, that squad isn't a contender, anyway, lol.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 07:06:08 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I view Bosh as a really good #2 guy, good enough to carry a decent team into the playoffs and win a series but not a ring.

Related to that I was really surprised Miami didn't go after Monroe last off-season and I expect he will be a target this offseason. To me Bosh and Monroe seem like an ideal pairing on both sides of the ball. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 08:33:26 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brandan Wright is a ridiculously efficient stat geek's wet dream.  Not to suggest that he isn't a good backup center, because he's among the best, but much of the argument for him has been "LOOK AT HIS ADVANCED STATS!"

He'll give you a great 20 minutes or so per night, though.

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 08:46:43 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
As a PF, maybe. 

He would need a very strong supporting cast. 

His biggest issue in Miami is he is being force to play C.  It was OK when Lebron was there.  Now, it is an issue. 

At PF, he is still a 20 plus point threat.  They key is he would be a very strong defender not having to deal with the larger C talent where his light weight is an issue.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

No because I don't see any of those players matching up talent wise or game wise.

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 09:52:37 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

No because I don't see any of those players matching up talent wise or game wise.

Which group is more talented?

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 12:19:10 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Is the real question whether or not Bosh and Rondo could be the core of a title team?  They (the Celtics) were willing to take a shot at pairing Love and Rondo so I would think they would be willing to take a shot with Bosh and Rondo but I am not sure how I feel about that as the foundation of the team.  I think they would still need another really good player like a Paul Pierce type player (in his prime, not the current PP).  Not necessarily the best player in the league but a reliable scorer.

I suspect that Miami believes that if they can keep Wade healthy, they have that guy already.