Author Topic: Unimpressed with Noel  (Read 8857 times)

Re: Unimpressed with Noel
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:56 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'd trade one of Olynyk, Young, Bradley and perhaps even Sullinger for Noel from the 'eye test' watching him so far this year. I'm just not 100% sure about his injuries.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2014, 12:32:46 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
it took tyson chandler 9 years to be relevant in the NBA. This kid just started

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 01:27:52 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
it took tyson chandler 9 years to be relevant in the NBA. This kid just started

Chandler also didn't become relevant with the team that drafted him.

Mike

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 08:08:42 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I'd lay dollars to doughnuts that if we had a rookie seven-footer putting up Noel's numbers and with his potential, we'd be seeing threads all over this forum about how he's a future All-Star and DPOY.

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2014, 02:38:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If Philly called up right now and offered you Noel for Marcus Smart and James Young, would you do it?

I wonder what Philly does if they bottom out and land a top pick again this year (likely) where the top prospects seem to be bigs.   What would they do with Karl Towns, Joel Embiid and Noel all on the same team? 

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2014, 02:41:27 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If Philly called up right now and offered you Noel for Marcus Smart and James Young, would you do it?

I wonder what Philly does if they bottom out and land a top pick again this year (likely) where the top prospects seem to be bigs.   What would they do with Karl Towns, Joel Embiid and Noel all on the same team?

Emphatically, yes. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Emphatically, yes.

Yep, definitely. Easy decision.

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2014, 02:58:43 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
One of things I was looking forward to in last night's game was to see how Nerlens Noel was going to play.

And, I was unimpressed.

I know that team is just ridiculously awful, but Noel didn't really do anything that wowed me.
Smart is shooting 30% from the field. Life as a rookie.

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

There is no if ......they are running the TANK scheme full bore once again ......there are players they could get to be better.....but they ...the GM and owners won't .....

Eventually those bigs will leave , cause they can't pay them all max contracts, give them development playing time or keep them happy.

At some point like OKC .....you got more good players than you can keep......OKC choose poorly with Harden trade,

Or ....Noel and Embid both could turn out mediocre. Or be hurt all the time , so they just wasted five years of torture their fans ....and still need to start over.

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2014, 03:11:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

There is no if ......they are running the TANK scheme full bore once again ......there are players they could get to be better.....but they ...the GM and owners won't .....

Eventually those bigs will leave , cause they can't pay them all max contracts, give them development playing time or keep them happy.

At some point like OKC .....you got more good players than you can keep......OKC choose poorly with Harden trade,

Or ....Noel and Embid both could turn out mediocre. Or be hurt all the time , so they just wasted five years of torture their fans ....and still need to start over.
I think both Noel and Embiid are going to be sensational.  I love what Philly is doing.  Really excited to see how it pans out.

PG - MCW
SG - Wroten
SF - Saric
PF - Noel
C - Embiid
... with someone like Towns or Okafor in the draft

Could flop... but could be brilliant.

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2014, 03:18:53 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

No, I am confident Marcus Smart will have the better NBA career. For two years now, since before Noel's injury he sustained at Kentucky, I've been on record as stating he will be a "bust" on the NBA level.

I don't think Noel will be a Hasheem Thabeet level bust, but don't think he will ever live up to the hype and will likely never be more than an adequate rotation player. No offensive skill, too frail, and relies to heavily on athleticism.

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2014, 03:20:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

No, I am confident Marcus Smart will have the better NBA career. For two years now, since before Noel's injury he sustained at Kentucky, I've been on record as stating he will be a "bust" on the NBA level.

I don't think Noel will be a Hasheem Thabeet level bust, but don't think he will ever live up to the hype and will likely never be more than an adequate rotation player. No offensive skill, too frail, and relies to heavily on athleticism.
Noel is a ROY candidate this year.  Kid looks terrific. 

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2014, 03:21:05 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

He's a ROY candidate this year.  Kid looks terrific. 

No, he looks terrible. 

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2014, 03:22:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

No, he looks terrible.
Not really.   He's as advertised thus far... young defensive beast with huge upside.

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

No, he looks terrible.
Not really.   He's as advertised thus far... young defensive beast with huge upside.

Well, if you have been impressed, I'd say your standards are too low. Sure, he is good on the defensive end, but nothing spectacular so far. Offensively, he'll likely never be anything more than a garbage man type.

I am not impressed at all. Not even a little.