Author Topic: Unimpressed with Noel  (Read 8888 times)

Re: Unimpressed with Noel
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
That deal needs to happen.  I actually think it would be good for both teams.  The problem is that Philly would never make it while Embiid is injured, and the star big they are projected to get in the draft is still only a wish and a prayer. 

If any team could use some added toughness right now, though, it's definitely the Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: Unimpressed with Noel
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If Philly called up right now and offered you Noel for Marcus Smart and James Young, would you do it?

No, I am confident Marcus Smart will have the better NBA career. For two years now, since before Noel's injury he sustained at Kentucky, I've been on record as stating he will be a "bust" on the NBA level.

I don't think Noel will be a Hasheem Thabeet level bust, but don't think he will ever live up to the hype and will likely never be more than an adequate rotation player. No offensive skill, too frail, and relies to heavily on athleticism.
He's a ROY candidate this year.  Kid looks terrific. 

No, he looks terrible.
Not really.   He's as advertised thus far... young defensive beast with huge upside.

Well, if you have been impressed, I'd say your standards are too low. Sure, he is good on the defensive end, but nothing spectacular so far. Offensively, he'll likely never be anything more than a garbage man type.

I am not impressed at all. Not even a little.
Cool... Let's table this and touch base in a couple months.