Author Topic: We should have kept Courtney Lee and traded Bradley  (Read 11505 times)

Re: We should of kept Courtney Lee and traded Bradley
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 10:01:32 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I could care less about the title, for all intensive purposes we know what OP means.  It doesn't loose anything by having a tiny typoe.
:-*
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 10:15:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Sorry, I forgot that here on CB we all base our judgement of players based on what they achieve over the first 10 games of a season...not the results they have achieved over 9 highly mediocre NBA seasons.

What about 4 overrated, highly mediocre injury riddled seasons with only a stretch of 14 good games over that time period?
What is it about Bradley that is overrated?

Everything. What's not overrated about him?

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
I liked Lee while he was here but what would he have brought to the table of a team that is clearly in rebuild mode?  For all intents & purposes, Bradley is the better fit for this current roster at the moment.  (Although, I also think AB is the type that would thrive as an off the bench role player on a playoff bound team too). 

Lee's the type that can thrive as a role player on a playoff bound team.  He's in a better situation. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 10:34:30 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Sorry, I forgot that here on CB we all base our judgement of players based on what they achieve over the first 10 games of a season...not the results they have achieved over 9 highly mediocre NBA seasons.

What about 4 overrated, highly mediocre injury riddled seasons with only a stretch of 14 good games over that time period?

His passing isn't overrated. He's vilified weekly for his basketball I.Q., his finishing ability, and his ball-handling. And has been for a while. So again, what do people overrate about Bradley?

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2014, 11:36:35 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

His passing isn't overrated. He's vilified weekly for his basketball I.Q., his finishing ability, and his ball-handling. And has been for a while. So again, what do people overrate about Bradley?
As far as I am concerned, his defense and overall team impact are wildly overrated. I'd have also argued his three point shooting is slightly underrated, but he's working hard on undermining my argument this season.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Bradley is getting overrated to the point he's actually the most underrated player on this team.

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

As far as I am concerned, his defense and overall team impact are wildly overrated. I'd have also argued his three point shooting is slightly underrated, but he's working hard on undermining my argument this season.
I'd have to go along with that assessment so far this season.  his D just does not seem to be as good as it was a couple of years ago

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 11:59:59 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

I'd have to go along with that assessment so far this season.  his D just does not seem to be as good as it was a couple of years ago

The whole team's defense sucks this year.

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »

Offline thehumburger

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
That Lee trade was messed up (not only didn't we get anything for him, but we actually GAVE a 2nd rounder to facilitate it), and Bradley certainly looks like he was overpaid (though I'll give it time before judging too harshly), but those two (possible) mistakes still don't add up to keeping Lee over Bradley. Lee's just a veteran rotation guy no matter how well he's shooting. No one saw him as part of the rebuild then and they likely still wouldn't even if we'd never traded him.

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 12:20:44 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I wanted to feel good about the new contract Bradley signed but,  I didn't.  not only did he not improve but those lazy passes he gets picked off and missed layups drive me crazy.  those are the little things during a game that wind up costing you a win.

By the way, those lazy passes are not just on Bradley,  I have seen other players, Sully, Rondo, Olynyk, have this same bad habit.

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I am a pretty big Bradley apologist but I really haven't liked how he has played this year. I think so far this year his defense has been overrated. While his shooting has been underrated.

That being said, having a 29 year old Courtney Lee on a rebuilding team rather than a 23 year old Bradley makes no sense
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2014, 12:36:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

I am a pretty big Bradley apologist but I really haven't liked how he has played this year. I think so far this year his defense has been overrated. While his shooting has been underrated.

That being said, having a 29 year old Courtney Lee on a rebuilding team rather than a 23 year old Bradley makes no sense
Except Lee is cheaper and expires sooner.  And since I don't think Bradley is a starter on Boston's next contending team, I wouldn't have signed him to his contract. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2014, 12:39:36 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Except Lee is cheaper and expires sooner.  And since I don't think Bradley is a starter on Boston's next contending team, I wouldn't have signed him to his contract.

But Lee is older and reached his peak, Bradley is younger and still improving on his game.

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

The past few years Bradley's allowed .74 pps on 30% shooting. Both marks were first in the entire league. His points allowed per 100 isn't far off Jimmy Butler's, Tony Allen's or Iguodala's either. I don't think he's that overrated as a defender. Granted, it depends on people's expectations. All those other players have elite defensive bigs behind them. This team is bad defensively with no interior defense. I'm not sure how much Bradley was expected to do about it.

He's shooting below his career average from 3 now. I'm sure that'll change.

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I don't look at it as Bradley verses Lee.  I think we would have re-signed Bradley either way if we kept Lee or not. I look at as either that cap space we got from the Lee trade helped free up cap space signing Turner in the offseason and the trade that included Thornton.

So either way you look at it I might take Thornton or Turner over Lee.

Thornton is younger than Lee, and probably more explosive offensively.  Better fit off the bench, and  he is also in the last year of his contract.  Gives us more flexibility cap wise.

Turner is more multi dimensional than Lee, younger, and is on a cheap 2 year contract. 

I would also take those 2 guys over Bayless who we got in the Lee trade, and let walk in the offseason.