Author Topic: We should have kept Courtney Lee and traded Bradley  (Read 11465 times)

We should have kept Courtney Lee and traded Bradley
« on: November 20, 2014, 12:17:13 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:10:52 AM by Chris22 »

Re: We should of kept Courtney Lee and traded Bradley
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 12:25:48 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Lee has found a nice home with Memphis and he's been playing really well since he was traded.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 01:22:52 AM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I was out of the loop last season, but I recall he was a disappointment in his first year with us. I'm glad he's playing well for the Grizzlies though, I've always liked him.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 01:43:03 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I was out of the loop last season, but I recall he was a disappointment in his first year with us. I'm glad he's playing well for the Grizzlies though, I've always liked him.

Doc Rivers mishandled him.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 02:03:58 AM »

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
If I remember correctly, Lee was also shooting the lights out at the start of the last season. We know he won't keep this up. Moreover, Lee was kind of boring to watch  ;D, as he's mediocre in pretty much every aspect of the game. I would rather have Bradley, who has glaring weakness but is very special in his own way, not to mention he's 6 years younger than Lee.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 04:02:03 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He had the best shooting percentages on the team when we traded him.  He never found a consistent role here.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 05:01:09 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Sorry, I forgot that here on CB we all base our judgement of players based on what they achieve over the first 10 games of a season...not the results they have achieved over 9 highly mediocre NBA seasons.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 06:28:39 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
didn't Lee play really well as soon as we traded him last yr.? I think he did.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 07:05:38 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Lee is playing very well for Memphis....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg

He's 29, and he's playing well above his career level. We'll see if it lasts. You could argue that he's better than Bradley, but he played here for 2 years under 2 coaches and didn't start over Bradley for either coach. There's probably a reason for that.

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 07:07:48 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I was one for that as I think both lee and Bradley are first guards off bench, neither starter material.  Lee plays good defense and does a bit of everything, good three point shooting.

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 07:25:16 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Doc Rivers mishandled him.

Indeed, and he had developed a hitch in his jump shot he never had prior to coming to Boston, and none of Docs coaches or he ever pointed it out to him. One of the new coaches noticed it, pointed it out to him, and it was history.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 07:34:08 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Lee was playing well in Boston as it was, even in his first year. His struggles have been completely exaggerated.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 07:38:02 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
At the time Lee was hitting nothing and some people liked him and some, including myself, wanted him gone. who knows who's better but I doubt it makes a difference in where the Celtics finish!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 07:47:06 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Lee was playing well in Boston as it was, even in his first year. His struggles have been completely exaggerated.

I thought he was pretty streaky that first year. Part of that was probably settling in to a new team and new system though.

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 07:48:03 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Lee's a decent player but it's hard to argue that he's a huge upgrade over Bradley, particularly given his age and where we are with rebuilding.

And like others have said, there's no reason to extrapolate from his early season numbers this year when we have eight years of history suggesting that, you know, he probably won't have a 70% TS% for the season.

In fact for those who've been arguing that Bradley could never be a starter on a contending team, Lee might be the best counter-argument you could find right now. There are more similarities than differences between the two.