Author Topic: Trade Idea to make the celtics a good strong young defensive team  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
  boston has been ranked for having one of the best offenses and one of the worst defenses. I am sorry but we are the celtics. we need a good defense.
 option 1
3 team trade

Boston gets vuevic and deing
boston gives up:olynyk,evan turner, boston 2016 pick,clevland pick,clippers pick,philly pick

Minnesota gives up: deing
minnesota gets olynyk, clevland 1st round pick and clippers picks

orlando gives up vuevic
orlando gets evan turner boston pick 2016,philly 2nd round

why Minnisota
they get the stretch power forward to pair with pekovic and they get a first round pick to go along with that

why orlando
they get a  solid pg and a good 2st rounder. This allows for  their rookie pg to have some space with no pressure on playing and helps them and a 1st to their collection

why Boston
 well we get a star pf in nikola vuevic who averages 18 points, 11 rebounds and a block a game. he is 23 and is signed to a 5 year deal under 3 million a year. Then we get a star center in gorgui deing., who averages  8 points, 7 rebounds and 1.5 blocks a game in 20 minuets. If he plays starter minautes he would average 12 points 10 rebounds and 2 blocks a game. He is 24 and is on a contract under 2 million for the next 2 years. Vuevic is a much better defender then olynyk plus he scores more and rebounds more. deing is a young defensive rim protecter center. plus, we  keep all of our massive stash of 1st round picks. This would give us a starting line up of

rondo
smart
green
vuevic
deing

This an amazing defensive team that has good scoring in green and vuevic. while it has decent scoring in rondo and deing. while we have good scoring coming off the bench in bass,sully,zeller and thornton.
 I know we would be keeping up rondo but we would give up some picks. However we would keep the Brooklyn picks

option 2
4 team trade money works here:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o2vacwb
I put in non guaranteed contracts for detriot until monroe becomes available for trade.
 Boston gets vuevic and deing
boston gives up:olynyk, rondo

Minnesota gives up: deing
minnesota gets olynyk, detriot 1st rounder pick

orlando gives up vuevic
orlando gets monroe and dj augstine and detriot 1st rounder

detriot gets rondo
detriot gives up: monroe,2016 1st round pick and 2018 first round pick.

why Minnisota
they get the stretch power forward to pair with pekovic and they get a first round pick to go along with that

why orlando
they get a great scoring center, solid pg and a 1st rounder. This allows for  their rookie pg to have some space with no pressure on playing and helps them and a 1st to their collection

Why detriot
they get a their big three of rondo,drummond and smith. they also get rid of monroe which they desperately wanted.

why Boston
 well we get a star pf in nikola vuevic who averages 18 points, 11 rebounds and a block a game. he is 23 and is signed to a 5 year deal under 3 million a year. Then we get a star center in gorgui deing., who averages  8 points, 7 rebounds and 1.5 blocks a game in 20 minuets. If he plays starter minautes he would average 12 points 10 rebounds and 2 blocks a game. He is 24 and is on a contract under 2 million for the next 2 years. Vuevic is a much better defender then olynyk plus he scores more and rebounds more. deing is a young defensive rim protecter center. plus, we  keep all of our massive stash of 1st round picks. This would give us a starting line up of

smart
bradley
green
vuevic
deing

This an amazing defensive team that has good scoring in green and vuevic. while it has decent scoring in bradley and deing. while we have good scoring coming off the bench in bass,sully,zeller and thornton.
 I know we would be giving up rondo but we keep the picks.

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Trade Idea to make the celtics a good strong young defensive team
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 04:20:11 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I like both options for Boston.  Vujevic and Dieng carry more value than this though.  I think you have to pile on more/better draft picks or combinations of Sully, Olynyk, Young, and Smart.

Shameless plug for my trade idea with the same goal in mind.  Tough defensive team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pepwqn9

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 06:32:33 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
I like both options for Boston.  Vujevic and Dieng carry more value than this though.  I think you have to pile on more/better draft picks or combinations of Sully, Olynyk, Young, and Smart.

Shameless plug for my trade idea with the same goal in mind.  Tough defensive team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pepwqn9

I think that it is fair trade for both sides. plus we keep the most important Brooklyn picks
will barton- beljina-

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 07:28:56 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Terrible trade.. And Vuvevic isnt known for defense.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Double face palm...When one face palm just isn't enough.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 10:26:14 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown

No he is not known for his defense but he is better then olynyk and scores and rebounds more
will barton- beljina-

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

No he is not known for his defense but he is better then olynyk and scores and rebounds more

Your thread said for defensive team... Vuveic is a great young player, but he isn't a great defender.. Your trade doesn't make any sense, because neither of these players are franchise cornerstones..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 07:32:35 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
There is no way in the world Orlando gives him up.  This is silly for them and would never happen...

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 09:28:59 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I was going to chime in on this trade but I find it hard to because of the unpredictable nature of this roster. Not knowing what the future holds with Rondo and Green makes it tough. I don't expect any trades that will really change our D much this year.

I personally hope for this this team transform defensively through the next draft. If the Cs can land WCS I think they will be on the path to being a future defensive juggernaut. He has elite defensive potential in the mold of Tyson Chandler. That paired with two elite perimeter guards (Smart and AB) is the foundation for a great defense.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 10:18:02 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Both trade ideas are awful.