Author Topic: It's too early to talk draft but some positive observations  (Read 82747 times)

Re: It's too early to talk draft but some positive observations
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2015, 01:02:19 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Sam Dekker is a very intriguing prospect with the Clippers pick. Great size for the SF spot and a very good athlete.

Yes! I've been saying that for some time, Dekker is a very nice prospect for Clippers pick if we use our pick to grab a center. The probiem is, then will would have to trade up the pick to mid teens. But I think it's easier to trade up the Clippers pick than our pick.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2015, 02:42:55 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Been a while since I posted on here,

Just wanted to add my observation that Justin Anderson has the look of a really high end 3-D NBA player. In 2011 he measured 6'6 222lb with 6'11 wing, I would think he is bigger maybe not taller but at least 235lbs. He has worked his way into being a great college 3pt shooter and is a very good athlete. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2015, 03:28:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Just wanted to add my observation that Justin Anderson has the look of a really high end 3-D NBA player. In 2011 he measured 6'6 222lb with 6'11 wing, I would think he is bigger maybe not taller but at least 235lbs. He has worked his way into being a great college 3pt shooter and is a very good athlete.

TP from one csfan to another CFAN. Good to see you back.

Anderson has improved his game and  his shot, especially. He's hitting almost 50% from three this year, a huge improvement from <30% last year . His 80+% FT shooting has always been solid.

Here's some encouraging word about his willingness to work on his game:

The Virginia native spent the offseason in Chicago with his cousin, Bears tackle Jermon Bushrod, training at a nearby gym and focusing on his shooting mechanics. "I wanted to fine-tune a lot," Anderson says. "It was a lot of balance work, keeping my eyes on the rim, shooting off the dribble, shooting fadeaways, just different ways of getting shots."

The work paid off. Anderson dropped 12 pounds (he's now 228) and shoots 51.9 percent from behind the arc, averaging 13.9 points, up from 7.8 last season. "He worked hard in the offseason," coach Tony Bennett says. "His decision-making, shot selection -- he's a more mature player."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12244232/virginia-justin-anderson-new-game

Great stuff to see. I'd love to get Anderson.

« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
good game to watch tonight

UCLA vs Stanford @ 9 on ESPN 2

There last meeting was an OT game and Looney had the best game of his young career 27pts 19rb
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2015, 08:01:30 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Mario-Hezonja-vs-Real-Madrid-Video-Analysis-4813

I find this pretty impressive. Others on here are more knowledgeable about Euro basketball but I would assume that Real Madrid would be better if not at least comparable to all the current bottom feeding (tanking) teams in the NBA and substantially better then any NCAA team.

This game and his previous 8-8 from 3 performance is making the prospect of the Cs pick slipping a little more palatable. At 19 to perform at this level in the 2nd best league in the world is really impressive and tells me that this kid should have an NBA allstar ceiling. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2015, 08:05:54 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Also wanted to add that WCS and Towns where impressive vs Florida. WCS had some lapses on O but more then a couple of times he was ilolated on the PG at the top of the key and forced a pass out. Very few current NBA 7'ers can move like he can. He may very well PHYSICALLY be David Robinson like.

Towns looked under control and smooth on O he just needs to be more consistent. I wonder id this lack of consistency is coming from UKs depth and the fact that they don't need to relay on him ever game. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Mario-Hezonja-vs-Real-Madrid-Video-Analysis-4813

I find this pretty impressive. Others on here are more knowledgeable about Euro basketball but I would assume that Real Madrid would be better if not at least comparable to all the current bottom feeding (tanking) teams in the NBA and substantially better then any NCAA team.

This game and his previous 8-8 from 3 performance is making the prospect of the Cs pick slipping a little more palatable. At 19 to perform at this level in the 2nd best league in the world is really impressive and tells me that this kid should have an NBA allstar ceiling.

Game is replaying on NBA TV right now
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Anderson has improved his game and  his shot, especially. He's hitting almost 50% from three this year, a huge improvement from <30% last year . His 80+% FT shooting has always been solid.

The Virginia native spent the offseason in Chicago with his cousin, Bears tackle Jermon Bushrod, training at a nearby gym and focusing on his shooting mechanics. "I wanted to fine-tune a lot," Anderson says. "It was a lot of balance work, keeping my eyes on the rim, shooting off the dribble, shooting fadeaways, just different ways of getting shots."

The work paid off. Anderson dropped 12 pounds (he's now 228) and shoots 51.9 percent from behind the arc, averaging 13.9 points, up from 7.8 last season. "He worked hard in the offseason," coach Tony Bennett says. "His decision-making, shot selection -- he's a more mature player."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12244232/virginia-justin-anderson-new-game

I wonder how Anderson's injury will impact his decision to perhaps forego his senior year?

Smitty77

« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2015, 07:23:05 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
A heck of performance by Vezenkov in the Greek league against PAOK (3rd best record in the league).
29 Points on 5 of 9 2P, 5 of 10 3p, 4 of 6 FT
14 Rebounds
3 Assists
1 TO

He is 19, second in the Greek league in PPG with 18.6, 3rd in rebounding with 7.9, 32 min per game. I'd strongly consider a draft and stash with our own 2nd rounder. This kid has a Teletovic floor and a very high ceiling (with some fitness work).

This on his performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jYDtCk2KHU

These are his stats:
http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Aleksandar-Vezenkov/Summary/27768
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2015, 07:37:44 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford

I wonder how Anderson's injury will impact his decision to perhaps forego his senior year?

Smitty77

He looks very similar to me to Crowder (play-wise, of course). I don't think I would take him in the 19-23 range with the Clips pick, but if the pick is lower or if he falls to the 2nd round - sure.

Middle floor, low ceiling guy and I guess that is what we can hope for with the late picks.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.

« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:41 AM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
A heck of performance by Vezenkov in the Greek league against PAOK (3rd best record in the league).
14 Rebounds
3 Assists
1 TO

He is 19, second in the Greek league in PPG with 18.6, 3rd in rebounding with 7.9, 32 min per game. I'd strongly consider a draft and stash with our own 2nd rounder. This kid has a Teletovic floor and a very high ceiling (with some fitness work).

This on his performance:

These are his stats:

Vezenkov is one of my choices for our second round pick, good, Mirotic-like player, great for Brad's system. The other option is Guillermo Hernangomez.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2015, 08:04:38 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
14 Rebounds
3 Assists
1 TO

This on his performance:

These are his stats:

Vezenkov is one of my choices for our second round pick, good, Mirotic-like player, great for Brad's system. The other option is Guillermo Hernangomez.

Yep, Wily is a good solid option for a center in the 2nd round.

« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
14 Rebounds
3 Assists
1 TO

This on his performance:

These are his stats:

Yep, Wily is a good solid option for a center in the 2nd round.
nice pick up K.  we've certainly got the second rounders to use on him

« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

The D in that tape was about good high school level.  The part about the jab step killed me around 2:50 mark by the scout,  the guy is a scout for a website, that was not even the best choice he could have made in that situation.  That being said, I was impressed with his handles, his mobility but most especially his motor. 

« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2015, 03:34:43 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
Our pick keeps falling these days and looking at the schedule ahead it looks like we will be either picking 15 or 10-12.

Draftexpress has Winslow at 11. I have not watched the kid, but lots of people put him in the same sentence as Johnson.

Has somebody watched more games of the kid?